DSP Amp with stock speakers ?

ancient

Hu is the brain of the system.

Well do take note of some ice activity ..

We have ice gathering once in a while .

Come and have audition

↡ Advertisement

What would you recommend for passive?

Why? Every audio shop tells me the least return is actually HU.what should we expect from HU upgrade?

I get different advise about subwoofer. Some tell me no need. What would be your recommendation? Active or Passive?

Do you use cross over or dsp?

I get different advise about subwoofer. Some tell me no need. What would be your recommendation? Active or Passive?

I opine the upgrade that gives the least “return on investment” will be cables, unless using high end systems. For HU, an entry level aftermarket one should improve the sound in some ways, eg better reception or clarity.

If u listen to music with very low bass extensions, then having a sub (with amp) would be nice. Otherwise, a good pair of mid woofers will suffice to achieve punchy bass. Nonethelsss, I wouldn’t waste time on active subs.

DSP can be connected as active or passive setup, depending on how much control u want over individual speakers. My previous Clarion D2 (built in DSP) was running on passive, while some ran theirs on active. No right or wrong, just different preferences on SQ.

Just my two cents based on my limited knowledge. Hope it helps

I opine the upgrade that gives the least âreturn on investmentâ will be cables, unless using high end systems. For HU, an entry level aftermarket one should improve the sound in some ways, eg better reception or clarity.

If u listen to music with very low bass extensions, then having a sub (with amp) would be nice. Otherwise, a good pair of mid woofers will suffice to achieve punchy bass. Nonethelsss, I wouldnât waste time on active subs.

DSP can be connected as active or passive setup, depending on how much control u want over individual speakers. My previous Clarion D2 (built in DSP) was running on passive, while some ran theirs on active. No right or wrong, just different preferences on SQ.

Just my two cents based on my limited knowledge. Hope it helps ð

Thanks for the detail explanation rather than just telling me I'm stupid. :-)

So am I right that passive means using cross over and active means directly using the dsp/amp/eq to drive the different component without crossover circuit.

1. My sound seems to be coming from below the dash. I can move it forward and back but not up.

2. My tweeter is at corner of dash.

3. Sound seems to be coming specifically from the side speakers rather than nice warm around kind of sound.I've heard car audio that sounds for a lack of description, like a home Bose sound system. Trying to figure out what I should look at without actually getting a Bose. :-)

Thanks for the detail explanation rather than just telling me I'm stupid. :-)

So am I right that passive means using cross over and active means directly using the dsp/amp/eq to drive the different component without crossover circuit.

1. My sound seems to be coming from below the dash. I can move it forward and back but not up.

2. My tweeter is at corner of dash.

3. Sound seems to be coming specifically from the side speakers rather than nice warm around kind of sound.I've heard car audio that sounds for a lack of description, like a home Bose sound system. Trying to figure out what I should look at without actually getting a Bose. :-)

No prob bro. Forum discussions are to share n learn knowledge from one another. I can only share what I think is correct Edited by Whitemorning

No prob bro. Forum discussions are to share n learn knowledge from one another. I can only share what I think is correct ð

Your understanding on passive n active is correct. I have gone from passive to active, n eventually back to passive. Mainly bcos I find passive setup sounds more natural and with life. In my opinion, active is like âhearing the soundâ, while passive is like âfeeling the musicâ.

If ur HU has basic EQ functions, it is possible to raise the sound higher. Iâve recently tried playing with the EQ of my new carâs stock HU, n can hear some difference though it still sounds like crap.

For your point 3, I believe u are referring to a surround sound effect in a car, which should be possible with a 5.1 or 7.1 system. But the SQ can never match home audio, sompls dun ever compare car audio with home audio. Basically our car environment is confined n surrounded with glass, which creates reverberations and interference, n our seating position is also a contributing factor.

End of the day, I think car audio can never sound as good as home audio. Hence, I prefer to keep my car audio setup simple n use the money on more meaningful things. Planning to use my stock HU with the new Pioneer S1000a DSP, front 2-way components n rear coaxials. Not sure how it will sound, but definitely easier to dekit in future if changing car ð

Just my humble laymanâs opinions ð

Refer to point 3. No, I'm not really talking about surround. I used to have a Bose 2.1, and it actually sounds warm, and if someone hid the speaker,I couldn't tell where is the speakers from listening to the sound.

I was also looking at Pioneer Deq-s1000a for 2 months but I'm not sure since cannot find real proper reviews and the power seems rather low (50 Watts Peak) if used with after market speakers. Also the plug and plug cable harness isn't available. The price is low (sgd285) but installation is almost 1x price of device.

If you go ahead, let me know how it goes. Have additional questions but it's specific to certain products and shop, msg me private if you don't mind.

Why? Every audio shop tells me the least return is actually HU.what should we expect from HU upgrade?

If u not itchy hand and not constantly wanting better sound.. changing speaker.. add dsp and amp would be good enough

But if u are quite particular about sound, then change HU first

Edited by Budgetice

No prob bro. Forum discussions are to share n learn knowledge from one another. I can only share what I think is correct ð

Your understanding on passive n active is correct. I have gone from passive to active, n eventually back to passive. Mainly bcos I find passive setup sounds more natural and with life. In my opinion, active is like âhearing the soundâ, while passive is like âfeeling the musicâ.

If ur HU has basic EQ functions, it is possible to raise the sound higher. Iâve recently tried playing with the EQ of my new carâs stock HU, n can hear some difference though it still sounds like crap.

For your point 3, I believe u are referring to a surround sound effect in a car, which should be possible with a 5.1 or 7.1 system. But the SQ can never match home audio, so try not to compare car audio with home audio. Basically our car environment is a confined space surrounded with glass, which creates reverberations and interference, n our seating position is also a contributing factor.

End of the day, I think car audio can never sound as good as home audio. Hence, I prefer to keep my car audio setup simple n use the money on more meaningful things. Planning to use my stock HU with the new Pioneer S1000a DSP, front 2-way components n rear coaxials. Not sure how it will sound, but definitely easier to dekit in future if changing car ð

Just my humble laymanâs opinions ð

What are you using for front component speakers?
  • Praise 1

Certain cars the HU has lots of integrated features.. So cant change.

Eg Opel Astra. Haha

That why ,if it for better hu audio qlty vs the features .

Will be using Morel Tempo series, front comps and rear coaxial

I've heard good things about Morel. How much did it cost just for the speakers ? 

I'm eyeing this. https://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=129086&si=audison but still exploring. 

Going to get subwoofer ?

Certain cars the HU has lots of integrated features.. So cant change.

Eg Opel Astra. Haha

Most newer cars has integrated features.. and get troublesome to change. 

Sometimes I wonder.......to save all the hustle & $$, will just install a good bluetooth speaker (for e.g. like the Creative iRoar) inside the car.

-low cost

-multi-purpose

-portable

-good quality sound

-no need to meddle with existing system 

-etc...etc.... 

Sometimes I wonder.......to save all the hustle & $$, will just install a good bluetooth speaker (for e.g. like the Creative iRoar) inside the car.

-low cost

-multi-purpose

-portable

-good quality sound

-etc...etc.... 

Just to add.....it is quite scary when you witness your car being ripped apart during the installation & frankly, it'll never be the same again.

I've heard good things about Morel. How much did it cost just for the speakers ?

I'm eyeing this. https://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=129086&si=audison but still exploring.

Going to get subwoofer ?

Most newer cars has integrated features.. and get troublesome to change.

My Morels are not new units. Not planning to install amp n sub

Current running Active setup and using DSP instead of cross over.

As mentioned by some bros here, if your speaker is able to give you the bass that you want, you can live without the subwoofer.

Again, if you listen to music that require the "Boom Boom" effect, then get a sub for it. So, very much dependent on individual.

Cheers.

-low cost

-multi-purpose

-portable

-good quality sound

-etc...etc....

Good sound quality .....

Like that means you have to place the speaker at the center of the dash board then can hear the singer sing infront of you ...

Yah, I had the same thing in mind, but the DSP/AMP I wanted is from a different shop from the one selling the speakers.  And the DSP/AMP person said to do the DSP/AMP first .. and then if I'm not happy with the sound, change the speakers.  Said that I might not even need to change my speakers. I thought it's always the other way, that the speakers make a bigger differences. 

Anyway, anybody using Audison APK / APX ? How's the clarity of the vocal ? I want something decent without paying a big bomb. Open to other CHEAPER suggestions.

And when I ask if there if retuning is required if I change speakers and if there is any cost to the retuning, there wasn't any reply.  

Same! Looking at Audison APK / APX for an affordable upgrade over the stock speakers. Anyone using them?

No prob bro. Forum discussions are to share n learn knowledge from one another. I can only share what I think is correct

↡ Advertisement