DSP Amp with stock speakers ?

ancient

Hi, just wondering how is your experience with S1000a DSP and your front 2-way n rear coaxials?

I am looking at the same setup.

And which speakers you get?

I’m currently using Morel Tempo series for front and rear. Didn’t install the S1000a eventually as I’m quite satisfied with the current sound, and also didn’t like the digital-sounding Pioneer.

If u r considering a DSP, may wana check out the Boga P1. I’ve listened to it before and find the sound pretty decent, though more pricier than the S1000a.

Just my 0.02

↡ Advertisement

I’m currently using Morel Tempo series for front and rear. Didn’t install the S1000a eventually as I’m quite satisfied with the current sound, and also didn’t like the digital-sounding Pioneer.

If u r considering a DSP, may wana check out the Boga P1. I’ve listened to it before and find the sound pretty decent, though more pricier than the S1000a.

Just my 0.02

My sound seems to be coming from below the dash. I can move it forward and back but not up.

You need to shift some speaker up to dash

Turbocharged

I have upgraded stock speakers to the Rainbow speakers. Any recommendations for a value for money amp/dsp? Not looking at sub. No need boom boom... just nice clear vocal... Thanks. [laugh]

I have upgraded stock speakers to the Rainbow speakers. Any recommendations for a value for money amp/dsp? Not looking at sub. No need boom boom... just nice clear vocal... Thanks. [laugh]

How many ch you running?

Turbocharged

Come for audition....

Let meet up

mai la...  [grin] ....my heart won't be able to take the temptation... my wallet will have heart attack... 

Gone are the days of 3 way active and $20K budget.... ears not so sharp anymore.... now the sound slightly better than stock can already...  [laugh]  [:p]

I'm dekitting my Helix DSP Pro Mk2 today. U wanna consider? Made In Germany, I bought it brand new and installed 2 years ago at Audio Solution.

I'm also dekitting my Genesis Dual Mono (2ch) and Genesis Compact Four (4ch). Both Made in England, with original boxes and birth certs, I'm the first owner and also installed two years ago together with the processor.

The amp and processor setup is great for setting up a 3-way active setup. I use the Dual Mono for the midbass and Compact Four for the tweeters and mid-range.

RFS is because I'm changing to another amp/DSP setup to try.

All items are in excellent condition with no issues whatsoever.

Anyone keen, please drop me a PM.

Refer to the pic below for the two mounted amps and the processor on the bottom right.

I'm retaining the Profile Two Ultra (bottom left) for my sub.

post-1798-0-57935000-1563496250_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I went with the Venom Pandora 4.6 MkII DSP Amp 6+2 Channel - able to support active 3 way set up. Value for money considering it is sub $1000. 

By the way, here is a link to the PC software: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5o9dj0tjh0mwtnu/AADzu_eCTwHEy39KtA0UO8PVa?dl=0

Maybe, like me, some of you had a hard time finding it.

Also, for the 4.6 MkII version, according to the Venom folks, the venom app only works with iPad for now. Iphone and Android not supported yet. Look for Venom HD iPad app

Hope this helps someone 

I went with the Venom Pandora 4.6 MkII DSP Amp 6+2 Channel - able to support active 3 way set up. Value for money considering it is sub $1000. 

By the way, here is a link to the PC software: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5o9dj0tjh0mwtnu/AADzu_eCTwHEy39KtA0UO8PVa?dl=0

Maybe, like me, some of you had a hard time finding it.

Also, for the 4.6 MkII version, according to the Venom folks, the venom app only works with iPad for now. Iphone and Android not supported yet. Look for Venom HD iPad app

Hope this helps someone 

What about Venom Subwoofer, any review?

Thanks

If already have HU, can we just get a good amp, using HU as a source to drive all channels of existing stock speakers?

Also, does it mean we need a bigger capacity car battery?

If already have HU, can we just get a good amp, using HU as a source to drive all channels of existing stock speakers?

Also, does it mean we need a bigger capacity car battery?

The HU is it a factory unit with no brand?

If you replaced the HU with a decent unit you can start by replacing the stock front speakers. The factory speakers are usually cheapo ones, $10-$20 maybe, cant bring out a lot of sound frequencies.

You can either install component speakers(good for front) or coaxial speakers(usually installed as rear speakers).

For me I have an ok aftermarket HU and also I prefer to DIY so I bought a pair of coaxial speakers(3-way) online and install in the front doors. Why i use coaxial speakers is becos it's easier for me to diy plus they are cheaper than component speakers. There's no right or wrong with the this setup. Of course ppl will tell me otherwise. They tell me this is a van setup, not very ideal lah, blah blah blah....I just ignore them.

Whether it's component or coaxial speaker the basic construction is the same. There's the tweeter speaker that handles high frequency sounds from instruments, mid speaker for voice and woofer speaker for bass and a circuit-board to process and filter the sound frequencies and send them to the 3 speakers I mentioned.

A set of component speakers will consist of these 3 speakers built separately and the processing circuit called the crossover. You can position them on the door and on the dash which requires more wiring work done hence more labour cost. Each speaker component is build individually hence the higher cost and those which are well made can cost even more. 

The coaxial speaker(3 way) setup is all built into one assembly. No extra wiring needed and it's also cheaper than a set of component speakers. Usually ppl would install the pair in the rear. But like I said there's no right or wrong. It's good for ppl who wants to DIY and just upgrade the front speakers.

I find that with the coaxial in the front and stock factory speakers in the rear and settings on my HU made to focus on the front. It's good enough for me. I dont spend the entire day in the car so it fine. I can enjoy what I'm hearing and I can hear sounds never heard before from the same songs. The clarity is good and the bass is just nice.

If I want to go further I can still install component speakers in the front and move my coaxial speakers to the rear. Step by step, I dont have to spend a lump sum plus I diy so no labour cost involved. Installing an amp only if I want to hear more clarity and bass. But I dont think I need an amp.

This kinda thing I feel it's a good read. I find out and read online. Tons of material. When I diy I can listen to the factory speakers and the speakers I bought to "see" the difference. If installer do everything for you I think you only notice it as everything is louder if you are not aware and didn't do much reading.

• Praise 2

The HU is it a factory unit with no brand?

If you replaced the HU with a decent unit you can start by replacing the stock front speakers. The factory speakers are usually cheapo ones, $10-$20 maybe, cant bring out a lot of sound frequencies.

You can either install component speakers(good for front) or coaxial speakers(usually installed as rear speakers).

For me I have an ok aftermarket HU and also I prefer to DIY so I bought a pair of coaxial speakers(3-way) online and install in the front doors. Why i use coaxial speakers is becos it's easier for me to diy plus they are cheaper than component speakers. There's no right or wrong with the this setup. Of course ppl will tell me otherwise. They tell me this is a van setup, not very ideal lah, blah blah blah....I just ignore them.

Whether it's component or coaxial speaker the basic construction is the same. There's the tweeter speaker that handles high frequency sounds from instruments, mid speaker for voice and woofer speaker for bass and a circuit-board to process and filter the sound frequencies and send them to the 3 speakers I mentioned.

A set of component speakers will consist of these 3 speakers built separately and the processing circuit called the crossover. You can position them on the door and on the dash which requires more wiring work done hence more labour cost. Each speaker component is build individually hence the higher cost and those which are well made can cost even more. 

The coaxial speaker(3 way) setup is all built into one assembly. No extra wiring needed and it's also cheaper than a set of component speakers. Usually ppl would install the pair in the rear. But like I said there's no right or wrong. It's good for ppl who wants to DIY and just upgrade the front speakers.

I find that with the coaxial in the front and stock factory speakers in the rear and settings on my HU made to focus on the front. It's good enough for me. I dont spend the entire day in the car so it fine. I can enjoy what I'm hearing and I can hear sounds never heard before from the same songs. The clarity is good and the bass is just nice.

If I want to go further I can still install component speakers in the front and move my coaxial speakers to the rear. Step by step, I dont have to spend a lump sum plus I diy so no labour cost involved. Installing an amp only if I want to hear more clarity and bass. But I dont think I need an amp.

This kinda thing I feel it's a good read. I find out and read online. Tons of material. When I diy I can listen to the factory speakers and the speakers I bought to "see" the difference. If installer do everything for you I think you only notice it as everything is louder if you are not aware and didn't do much reading.

Mine's a Forester XT, 2017. came with Harmon Kardon setup but I dont know what it consist off  [:p] .

In case if there's just HU powering up the speakers (component/co-ax) i was thinking adding a good amp will help.

Mine's a Forester XT, 2017. came with Harmon Kardon setup but I dont know what it consist off  [:p] .

In case if there's just HU powering up the speakers (component/co-ax) i was thinking adding a good amp will help.

That's good. I think you just need to do some reading and play around with the sound settings on your HU to see what you want before deciding.

↡ Advertisement