Tablet for 5 years old

Tok

Looking to buy a tablet for a 5 year child for Christmas.

Basically with wifi only and to be used indoor.

Preferably not more than $300.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Some Samsung tablets are below $300. Acer Iconia can consider too. Or buy those China made cheap tablets

Edited by Vid

Some Samsung tablets are below $300. Acer Iconia can consider too. Or buy those China made cheap tablets

Thank you bro ....... Xmas coming u know and I need one too . Tab for 12 yr old ?  [grin]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

A preowned ipad mini.

I think some ppl think too far away. A 5yo just want to watch children videos on youtube and play simple games. The parent just have to switch on the parental controls and restrict some of the bad language videos.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

The mipad4 32gb version should be below $300.

This one the 64gb version is more expensive.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/xiaomi-mipad-4-mi-pad-4-tablet-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-4g-lte-version-export-i266557256-s414208310.html?spm=a2o42.searchlistcategory.list.19.36c84c52nntRX0&search=1

my wife has the mipad 2, works reasonably well enough.

Ahemm...be prepared to be ignored as parents after giving a 5-yr old his/her own tablet. Just saying.....

It's ok, if the parent rations it properly.

Edited by Lala81

Looking to buy a tablet for a 5 year child for Christmas.

Basically with wifi only and to be used indoor.

Preferably not more than $300.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

must ask is it for your own kid? if other maybe should get their permission. Like some mentioned, some parents dun like these gadgets for young kids.

also if nobody 'manage' the pad with update or adding new games, it will soon get bored. Most game even simple ones may require higher processing power, cheap pad may not meet the needs.

• Praise 2

must ask is it for your own kid? if other maybe should get their permission. Like some mentioned, some parents dun like these gadgets for young kids.

also if nobody 'manage' the pad with update or adding new games, it will soon get bored. Most game even simple ones may require higher processing power, cheap pad may not meet the needs.

Ppl asking for a 5yo. Not asking what you want. [laugh]

Edited by Watwheels

IMHO, if you can avoid introducing tablet to 5 yo, please do so...if you can delay providing a smart phone, please delay as well..

Trust me, it will becomes his/her obstacle in normal learning environment when comes to age.

Buy a ball, a frisbee, a float, bring them outside better... 

• Praise 16

Prease lo. If the kid sees every other kid having a device in hand how long do you think he can tahan? He look at the daddy mummy also have their own. You yourself can tahan not using a smartphone or tablet in front of your kid? Until he/she goes to bed....Can or not?

• Dislike 1

Imo it's ok to let a 5yo use a tablet but do not let the kid think it's his or hers. I know from experience. I have a 8yo and a 5yo. The tablet which I let them use belongs to Daddy. I have absolute control over it. Whahaha....

To TS, you can give your child a tablet but never let him/her know it's his/hers. It must be "yours".

No choice. You must sometimes act like a dictator and have control over things like tablet. I also won't buy the latest to let them keep things updated. Otherwise their demands and expectations get out of control. I use the tablet for negotiations to get them to do their school work then they get to use it.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Thank you for the overwhelming response.

A tablet is the way of the future.

Even if you want the kids to play with marbles as in our time, it is more difficult to find marble sellers than sellers of tablet.

Have any of you any experience with amazon fire HD 8 tablet.  It seems to be popular among parents.