1. wireless

2. 1080p

3. motion detection and push notification

4. night vision

5. two way talk

6. any other feature experts here feels worthwhile mentioning

7. Value for money

Thank you

I have been using TP-Link NC450 for the past year. I find it’s easy to install for an IT idiot like me and cost less than $100 for one. For that money, I find it’s value for money and I believed it fit all your criteria.

I am using 2 to see how my mum is doing at home.

I find TP-Link Products easier to install than D-Link.

Other feature worth mentioning would be able to swivel and tilt.

I also installed 2 for my friend at his home and so far he’s pleased with them.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3

I have been using TP-Link NC450 for the past year. I find itâs easy to install for an IT idiot like me and cost less than $100 for one. For that money, I find itâs value for money and I believed it fit all your criteria.

I also installed 2 for my friend at his home and so far heâs pleased with them.

I also have one at home to see how my mum doing, actually those people at home are not comfortable with people spying on them.

I also have one at home to see how my mum doing, actually those people at home are not comfortable with people spying on them.

Who? Your mum?

My parents are ok with them.

I have been using TP-Link NC450 for the past year. I find it’s easy to install for an IT idiot like me and cost less than $100 for one. For that money, I find it’s value for money and I believed it fit all your criteria.

I also installed 2 for my friend at his home and so far he’s pleased with them.

Ran out of Praise will make sure to do that tomorrow after 8am.

Thank you.

Hope you can answer the following questions:

1. Two way audio, can the person being observe hear your speech clearly and is it loud enough.

2. Within the 1 year did you need to reset the system or were there any bugs that you need to reset the system

3. Any reason why you did not consider get the camera from Singtel or even consider Mesh 

Thank you bro

• Praise 3

Ran out of Praise will make sure to do that tomorrow after 8am.

Thank you.

Hope you can answer the following questions:

1. Two way audio, can the person being observe hear your speech clearly and is it loud enough.

2. Within the 1 year did you need to reset the system or were there any bugs that you need to reset the system

3. Any reason why you did not consider get the camera from Singtel or even consider Mesh

Thank you bro

1. Yes he/she can provided he/she not hard of hearing..haha. My mum can’t hear me but my dad can when I speak to him. Sometimes midnight I will kacau him by saying laoooooo pei and he will say oei!

2. Yes, from time to time have to turn off and on the cameras coz sometimes will hang. Not a big issue though. Similar to handphone too, I do that as well.

3. I don’t know about the camera from Singtel. The reason is pricing I guess.

U can also insert a micro SD card into the camera for recording. A 32GB card can record about 7 days.

Hope it helps.

• Praise 1

Paging IT Experts for advice and recommendations

Looking for IP camera with the following features

1. wireless

2. 1080p

3. motion detection and push notification

4. night vision

5. two way talk

6. any other feature experts here feels worthwhile mentioning

7. Value for money

Thank you

Actually the easiest solution to me is also the cheapest with very good quality.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/yi-1080p-home-camera-1-i103173969-s103868143.html

Bought 3 sets just in Feb this year after doing some market research on this kind of products. My requirements are similar to yours. Right now if budget is less than S$100, can only get you 720P cameras, with 1080P camera going for more than S$150 generally.

This IP camera cost about S$75 each. Also bought Sandisk 32GB micro-SD cards to support onboard recording, each aboutS $20. So each IP camera would come to S$95 which is cheap considering that you do not need to buy a NAS to record the videos. The 32GB memory card would allow owner to access the recorded footages through mobile phones, storing about 2.5days of 1080P quality footages if set to record continuously, much much longer if set to record under motion detection. Viewing of recorded footages is done by scrolling a timeline bar on mobile apps, with audio to boot. So you can see and hear whatever happened before.

It is very easy to configure, taking just few minutes after you are familiar with the procedure. Just need to install the mobile app and follow the voice instruction from the camera. Accessing the camera footages is very fast and reliable. You can have 2-way conversation easily through the mobile app, as the sound transmitted quite clearly. The IR LEDs gave very good night vision coverage even in near total darkness, and the wavelength is not visible to human eyes - meaning you cannot see the IR lights when turned on unlike those of yester-years. And you also have the option of turning off the status LED so that nobody will know you are spying on them! The angle of coverage is also very wide. So almost a perfect IP camera!

Before that I used to have a pan tilt IP camera, but after awhile really a pain to have to scroll slowly to see the footages. Better to buy 2 sets to cover the whole place instead.

Really recommend this camera as it really tick many boxes whether you are a newbie to this or a seasoned person with specific requirements. Hope it helps.

Btw I not using the push notification, so never test its effectiveness.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

btw, there are also cloud ip cams ... but it will be up to the individual if they are comfortable with their video footage being stored on a foreign server.

https://m.reolink.com/product/argus-2/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-bLVBRBMEiwAmKSB81BKy-S7I88w2i6ysu_AOPQMCLQ44loTQGtDh6e3sOlAdDFlNtBXuhoCiSEQAvD_BwE

I use this, slightly more expensive but full wireless with zero cable, can place anywhere you want (even in toilet [laugh].

This one doesn't have recording but will take alert snapshots and notify via email. I only use it for occasion checking on my mum, not to monitor nor collect evident of any abuse [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

https://m.reolink.com/product/argus-2/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-bLVBRBMEiwAmKSB81BKy-S7I88w2i6ysu_AOPQMCLQ44loTQGtDh6e3sOlAdDFlNtBXuhoCiSEQAvD_BwE

I use this, slightly more expensive but full wireless with zero cable, can place anywhere you want (even in toilet [laugh].

This one doesn't have recording but will take alert snapshots and notify via email. I only use it for occasion checking on my mum, not to monitor nor collect evident of any abuse [sweatdrop]

Don’t put toilet hor :XD:

btw, there are also cloud ip cams ... but it will be up to the individual if they are comfortable with their video footage being stored on a foreign server.

The xiaomi IP cam I recommended also have the option to subscribe cloud storage function, have to pay from $66 annually.

All seamlessly from the mobile apps.

https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-cloud

But putting a 32GB SD card is the most cost-effective solution, not to mention privacy concerns.

Before chancing this IP cam, I have been considering to get a NAS with NVR function that can accept recordings from supported IP cams. Was seriously considering from Dlink and Synology but the supported cams list very pathetic. Not to mention is a costly setup. Also I do not want to kids to access the recorded footages while allowing them to see the archived phots/videos in the NAS. So this turn out to be the best option keeping both separate haha.

Did not mention but the camera is also wireless as is the norm nowadays. After configuring it, can put it anywhere in the house with connected wifi AP coverage and just power up. 

Twincharged

The xiaomi IP cam I recommended also have the option to subscribe cloud storage function, have to pay from $66 annually.

i have got two normal xiaoyis at my parents place + 1 vstarcam.

i have got 1 normal xiaoyi + 1 night vision xiaoyi + 1 xiaofang at my own place.

unfortunately my nv xiaoyi is the china version which cannot be updated, thus cannot do online playback.

i also bought another china ipcam - which needed a china tel phone nbr to register (the one that looks like a location icon) ... tried it once and personally i feel the speed and cloud(free one month) is even better than Xiaoyi !

but the problem is its not for SG use .... so very troublesome to setup. Commented on the item page on Q10 but vendor just keep quiet.

• Praise 1

i have got two normal xiaoyis at my parents place + 1 vstarcam.

i have got 1 normal xiaoyi + 1 night vision xiaoyi + 1 xiaofang at my own place.

unfortunately my nv xiaoyi is the china version which cannot be updated, thus cannot do online playback.

i also bought another china ipcam - which needed a china tel phone nbr to register (the one that looks like a location icon) ... tried it once and personally i feel the speed and cloud(free one month) is even better than Xiaoyi !

but the problem is its not for SG use .... so very troublesome to setup. Commented on the item page on Q10 but vendor just keep quiet.

I have 3 china xiaoyi NV, 1 local xiaoyi 1080 and 1 local xiaoyi dome.

All working fine for 3 years already. China one use china apo and local one use global app. China one updated accordingly. No problem at all.

https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-cloud

But putting a 32GB SD card is the most cost-effective solution, not to mention privacy concerns.

Before chancing this IP cam, I have been considering to get a NAS with NVR function that can accept recordings from supported IP cams. Was seriously considering from Dlink and Synology but the supported cams list very pathetic. Not to mention is a costly setup. Also I do not want to kids to access the recorded footages while allowing them to see the archived phots/videos in the NAS. So this turn out to be the best option keeping both separate haha.

Did not mention but the camera is also wireless as is the norm nowadays. After configuring it, can put it anywhere in the house with connected wifi AP coverage and just power up. 

Thanks for sharing. Over the last week, I suddenly had need for a camera in house (MIL has sudden onset of dementia or some sort of craziness). Checked her phone and belongings, found out she has purchased some MLM garbage from a relative, has invited them into my house without permission when I am not around too. She was sane when she did all those things.

Does the cloud storage work well? SD card is not an option because the intruder can just take it away with them upon spotting the camera.

Just bought a D-Link DSC 2670L with a 128G micro SD card at Ch*****er with member discount and rebate. 

No bad but a bit hard to configure, took me 3 hours  [:p]

It is WiFi cam but hang when configured as wireless so got to hook up lan cable.

↡ Advertisement