2020 Hyundai Palisade

DACH

52 minutes ago, Gliazzurra said:

I wonder how Komoco intend to sell Palisade here? 3.8L V6 petrol totally doesn't make sense in Singapore with the tax structure.. The other option is 2.2L diesel, but really? With the current trend to go green, how to convince ppl to buy diesel cars? 2.2L diesel seems a bit underpowered for the size..

Yah really screwed. Even for sorento they should considering the hybrid version into sg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Palisade are sold really good in US and Canada.

I think it is available at the showroom now and will find a chance to take a look soon. 

Saw it in the showroom last weekend. It’s a really huge car. Comes with 2WD and 8 seats. Very disappointed that they brought in the 3.5 V6. Tech wise is also stripped down with no semi-autonomous drive. The “best” part? Cost $203999 with $1k discount if you book now. Another killer is its road tax. It’ll cost more than $3k annually! 

I’ll wait for their Santa Fe Hybrid.  Will be coming in in Q3 hopefully. 

90485985-B693-4CE9-81E7-861B22405923.png

• Praise 5

Supercharged
34 minutes ago, Mystidae said:

Saw it in the showroom last weekend. It’s a really huge car. Comes with 2WD and 8 seats. Very disappointed that they brought in the 3.5 V6. Tech wise is also stripped down with no semi-autonomous drive. The “best” part? Cost $203999 with $1k discount if you book now. Another killer is its road tax. It’ll cost more than $3k annually! 

Most likely won’t sell well ba. I think there might be better options and SG is not suitable to drive such a big car. 

4 hours ago, Mystidae said:

Oh wow 3.5L V6, good luck with that..

On 3/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, Daniu82 said:

Most likely won’t sell well ba. I think there might be better options and SG is not suitable to drive such a big car. 

Won't sell well? I think won't sell at all... they should have put in the 2.0 L turbo lar... the older one... unless no choice put in the newest 2.5 L turbo...

13 hours ago, teomingern said:

Won't sell well? I think won't sell at all... they should have put in the 2.0 L turbo lar... the older one... unless no choice put in the newest 2.5 L turbo...

The 2.2L turbo diesel is more suited for this heavy car, but I don't think komoco will bring in. 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Mhajime said:

The 2.2L turbo diesel is more suited for this heavy car, but I don't think komoco will bring in. 

Diesel cars are going the way of the dodo in Singapore... I doubt any ADs will bring in diesel powered cars anymore... the unknown being how diesel will be taxed after sale of diesel cars are stopped...

• Praise 1

On 3/13/2021 at 8:50 AM, Mystidae said:

On 3/13/2021 at 8:50 AM, Mystidae said:

More than $200k for a 2WD low specs? This is exorbitant. 

Edited by Sarapo
Wrong format.

Supercharged

This car is made for USA market in mind. Which is jiak gas, big, fuel guzzler and must have big engines, no V6 no talk. Hee.

Thus tbh, Hyundai wont just make a 2ltr turbo charged for this one. Coz Right hand drive market is too small for Hyundai to sell Palaside.

Lets just hope the new gen one which should be well, 3 to 6 yrs time down the road lor. Hee. Maybe will have full electric then

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Spurman said:

This car is made for USA market in mind. Which is jiak gas, big, fuel guzzler and must have big engines, no V6 no talk. Hee.

Thus tbh, Hyundai wont just make a 2ltr turbo charged for this one. Coz Right hand drive market is too small for Hyundai to sell Palaside.

Lets just hope the new gen one which should be well, 3 to 6 yrs time down the road lor. Hee. Maybe will have full electric then

Australia also likes their trucks just like the US... so got market there... also in NZ... 

Supercharged
2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Australia also likes their trucks just like the US... so got market there... also in NZ... 

Hee. Still a fairly small market compared to china. Americas market. Or even indon market. Thai

It’s already in Komoco but not in their main showroom. Need to approach one of the staff and he/she will bring you up to another level. 

Manage to see and touch the real thing. Good full size SUV: last row entry/exit is quite good compared to other 7-seater SUV; decent cargo space with all seats up; last row seat not full-size MPV like but at least not as squatting position as other SUV; second row is not the captain chair version (personally prefer captain version). 

Feature wise, looks like a mid-spec version.  

Build quality is good; no leather-wrap everything but soft touch plastic and accents here and there (actually for our climate I prefer this kind of setup as it is more durable; leather or those soft thing will melt and become sticky with exposure to tropical sun over the years). Actually most important that I absolutely hate is must be no squeak, rattles and those interior parts vibrating noise (not when new or over time). Really cheapens the whole driving and sitting-in feel more than the plastics. Never test drive though but from my 4+years Sonata experience, this should pass the test.

However, the killer like what everyone mention is the cc: 3.5 V6 nice but road tax.... But if one has the money to spend on a full size SUV, the alternatives so-called more branded ones are way more expensive. So from this perspective, the price difference between this and the atas alternative will more than pay for the incremental road tax.  If this can sell even a few, then Genesis may have a chance here perhaps....  

• Praise 7

10 hours ago, Alfc said:

Manage to see and touch the real thing. Good full size SUV: last row entry/exit is quite good compared to other 7-seater SUV; decent cargo space with all seats up; last row seat not full-size MPV like but at least not as squatting position as other SUV; second row is not the captain chair version (personally prefer captain version). 

Feature wise, looks like a mid-spec version.  

Build quality is good; no leather-wrap everything but soft touch plastic and accents here and there (actually for our climate I prefer this kind of setup as it is more durable; leather or those soft thing will melt and become sticky with exposure to tropical sun over the years). Actually most important that I absolutely hate is must be no squeak, rattles and those interior parts vibrating noise (not when new or over time). Really cheapens the whole driving and sitting-in feel more than the plastics. Never test drive though but from my 4+years Sonata experience, this should pass the test.

However, the killer like what everyone mention is the cc: 3.5 V6 nice but road tax.... But if one has the money to spend on a full size SUV, the alternatives so-called more branded ones are way more expensive. So from this perspective, the price difference between this and the atas alternative will more than pay for the incremental road tax.  If this can sell even a few, then Genesis may have a chance here perhaps....  

Thanks for the review! We call this full sized SUV but really in the US, it's just mid-sized... Hahaha... So the third row still isn't a proper seating position for the legs... That's not very good... So must still get an MPV for the last row... 3.5 L not just road tax, the fuel cost will be crazy with today's prices...

↡ Advertisement