2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

not sure the relevance to this thread actually as we aren't discussing the 2014 altis. this model represents quite a big change in the corolla, judging by the hatchback reviews.

"The 12th-generation Corolla sedan rides on Toyotaâs New Global Architecture, otherwise known as TNGA. The scalable platform already underpins Toyota products such as the Avalon, C-HR, and Camry."

Soo... Is BM going to bring the new Altis with full spec?
↡ Advertisement

Based on the Corolla hatchback reviews from Europe and US, the drive is a lot more engaging than its predecessor. All Corolla worldwide will be on this design with varying engine specs of course.

https://paultan.org/2018/11/16/2019-toyota-corolla-sedan-12th-gen-makes-its-debut/

As i told you previously, there will be 2 version of Corolla in China.

My bottom line is there is different between JDI and Thalind made....

Where is the new 2019 Toyota Camry?

I cannot deny that there is a difference between the new k3 and your old 2014 altis. k3 has better improved interior by nature that it is also newer. did you try comparing v 2014 cerato for good measure? I'm just trying to put across that its not an apple to apple comparison.

maybe wait for the new corolla to be here before we make a judgement then.

Soo... Is BM going to bring the new Altis with full spec?

I wish I have the answer but I doubt even their staff have any answers now. it's just the first day of launch and we are happy enough to see some pictures of the new corolla.

at least it's forward looking enough.

• Praise 2

@jman888

@carbon82

@Gemmoglock

Suggest to change the topic to 12th Gen Corolla

Yes please, I can't change it now ><

Nobody knows until Toyota Thailand produces 12th Gen Corolla.

Haha hopefully not too long. Toyota Thailand only just launched the new Camry ><

I cannot deny that there is a difference between the new k3 and your old 2014 altis. k3 has better improved interior by nature that it is also newer. did you try comparing v 2014 cerato for good measure? I'm just trying to put across that its not an apple to apple comparison.

maybe wait for the new corolla to be here before we make a judgement then.

I wish I have the answer but I doubt even their staff have any answers now. it's just the first day of launch and we are happy enough to see some pictures of the new corolla.

at least it's forward looking enough.

My brother is driving YR2015 Kia Cerato. The car is equip with full spec. The best is the leather quality is much better than my old Altis.

And I look around the car. The workmanship is very good.

not sure the relevance to this thread actually as we aren't discussing the 2014 altis. this model represents quite a big change in the corolla, judging by the hatchback reviews.

"The 12th-generation Corolla sedan rides on Toyotaâs New Global Architecture, otherwise known as TNGA. The scalable platform already underpins Toyota products such as the Avalon, C-HR, and Camry."

if the 12th gen corolla is using new platform TNGA with rear multi link suspension instead of current Torsion beam,

I would say the handling and comfort will be one class higher compare to elantra or Cerato.

Apple to apple comparison will be against civic or Mzd 3 range.

if the 12th gen corolla is using new platform TNGA with rear multi link suspension instead of current Torsion beam,

I would say the handling and comfort will be one class higher compare to elantra or Cerato.

Have you driven Japanese and Korean car?

Made in Thailand... Give me a break...

My 2.5months SX Cerato handling and comfort level is more than 2 levels up than my last 2014 Altis.

Sigh .Korea and Japan make again? Yours not bore?

There is another thread on cerato and k3.

I reckon TS started this thread is for discussion of the new coming altis.

• Praise 7

My brother is driving YR2015 Kia Cerato. The car is equip with full spec. The best is the leather quality is much better than my old Altis.

And I look around the car. The workmanship is very good.

Thanks to taxation most bread and butter cars leather depends on local workshop, not Toyota/Kia factory.

• Praise 2

My 2.5months SX Cerato handling and comfort level is more than 2 levels up than my last 2014 Altis.

The Cerato is not bad, enjoy the ride. This is the current Altis thread, not the 2014. I wished Kia had a newer engine than the carryover from the previous Cerato. From what I see the gearbox is better than the prev gen Cerato so that's a good thing. For handling and comfort, a more appropriate comparison would be to TNGA platform cars, so while waiting for the Corolla those include the Prius and CHR.

• Praise 2

Personally I think it looks good, massive step up from current model, as for engine choice for SG, most probably carryover 1.6L engine and CVT from current Altis. Hope BM would not overprice when it reaches here. I do read somewhere that it will arrive in other markets from mid-2019 onwards, so quite a wait there. 

Edited by Thecarboy302

The Cerato is not bad, enjoy the ride. This is the current Altis thread, not the 2014. I wished Kia had a newer engine than the carryover from the previous Cerato. From what I see the gearbox is better than the prev gen Cerato so that's a good thing. For handling and comfort, a more appropriate comparison would be to TNGA platform cars, so while waiting for the Corolla those include the Prius and CHR.

precisely, not sure if he gets it that we are discussing a different car here, it's the 12th gen we are talking about here, not the 2014 altis.

initial reviews on the new setup have been generally very positive, especially on the suspension and quietness of the cabin. a criticism is that the rear cabin has reduced in size. design is definitely one up from previous models. not sure if the ones launched here will also have the new launch gear that changes the driving experience.

• Praise 1