2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

precisely, not sure if he gets it that we are discussing a different car here, it's the 12th gen we are talking about here, not the 2014 altis.

initial reviews on the new setup have been generally very positive, especially on the suspension and quietness of the cabin. a criticism is that the rear cabin has reduced in size. design is definitely one up from previous models. not sure if the ones launched here will also have the new launch gear that changes the driving experience.

the TNGA platform seem positive.

my drive of rental new 2018 Camry in australia recently the handling n comfort is much better than the previous old generation.

not scientific figure, thats my butt feel.. hee hee..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I cannot deny that there is a difference between the new k3 and your old 2014 altis. k3 has better improved interior by nature that it is also newer. did you try comparing v 2014 cerato for good measure? I'm just trying to put across that its not an apple to apple comparison.

maybe wait for the new corolla to be here before we make a judgement then.

I wish I have the answer but I doubt even their staff have any answers now. it's just the first day of launch and we are happy enough to see some pictures of the new corolla.

at least it's forward looking enough.

The cabin quality is supposed to be more superior in the newest K3. But i not sat inside, so no comments.

But i don't really think there's anything wrong with the outgoing altis interior. 

The QC is just the same as the elantra in general from the time i've spent in the elantra cabin.

I mean I've owned the altis and current elantra which is outgoing. They are all decent build quality lor. The vios cabin is quite old fashioned and basic but I've not sat in the accent as a comparison.

the TNGA platform seem positive.

my drive of rental new 2018 Camry in australia recently the handling n comfort is much better than the previous old generation.

not scientific figure, thats my butt feel.. hee hee..

EDIT: your butt feel is not wrong. It's better for normal driving compared to prev generation. Significant improvement.

But it understeers more compared to the Accord or Mz6. 

By most reviewers standard,

Accord 2.0T is usually the winner. Mz6 is closely behind but depends on what u prefer. Camry has improved significantly but the cabin QC is one notch lower cf to the other 2.

As invigorated mention, the new launch for the CVT gearbox makes it closer to a usual torque converter feel.

Got positive reviews from reviewers. But lol have to see if it makes it here.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

The cabin quality is supposed to be more superior in the newest K3. But i not sat inside, so no comments.

But i don't really think there's anything wrong with the outgoing altis interior.

The QC is just the same as the elantra in general from the time i've spent in the elantra cabin.

I mean I've owned the altis and current elantra which is outgoing. They are all decent build quality lor. The vios cabin is quite old fashioned and basic but I've not sat in the accent as a comparison.

well said, I think this should remain a healthy discussion on the 12th gen corolla. no point comparing the k3 or whatever Korean make. what fun is that?
  • Praise 1

Certainly u cant accuse toyota of standing still. They have upped their game in the sedan market.

Which i really like cos I'm not a crossover/SUV person hehe  [laugh]

But still tough luck appealing to general consumers. But In singapore, the B&B sedan segment has a lot of buyers (and suv/crossover the car brand/dealer wants to earn more margin).

That blue color is pretty nice as well for toyota.

Edited by Lala81

Made in Thailand... Give me a break...

Corolla is made in USA, Europe, China, Thailand, Japan and many more countries. You can always get any PI to import from any of these countries.

Kia also got manufactured in USA for their domestic market, any PI go import?

Hyundai i30 made in Czech Republic.

Honda Civic Hatchback 1.5turbo made in Swindon UK.

Suck and tired of this “made in Thailand” discussion liao.

• Praise 5

Corolla is made in USA, Europe, China, Thailand, Japan and many more countries. You can always get any PI to import from any of these countries.

These people stuck in time warp. 

It's like still in 1990s when the first toyota soluna or very 1st honda city arrived in SG.

• Praise 4

Suck and tired of this âmade in Thailandâ discussion liao.

Made in Thailand and made in Japan... A lot of difference. Over price and with lowest spec.
  • Dislike 1

Can always compare build quality of Thai made Corolla vs Japan made Axio.

My 2.5months SX Cerato handling and comfort level is more than 2 levels up than my last 2014 Altis.

Hana Hana your Cerato best of the best lah. Much better than Altis lah.

Please save some space for us to learn and discuss about the 12th gen Altis and save your fanboying in the Cerato thread lah!

Broken records can sound irritating.

• Praise 4

Hana Hana your Cerato best of the best lah. Much better than Altis lah.

Please save some space for us to learn and discuss about the 12th gen Altis and save your fanboying in the Cerato thread lah!

Broken records can sound irritating.

Over price. Worst, lowest spec.
  • Dislike 3