2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

Just ignore him. Change to multilink at the back is going to improve the corolla characteristics. Elantra, cerato, slyphy all torsion. Only i30, mz3 is multilink for the japs or Koreans.

Yes I was watching the Taiwan car talks how. Apparently their new carry platform will obviously incorporate into the new altis platform, especially the undercarriage.

Lower height and more quiet cabin. The additional strengthen undercarriage beam make the car more engaging to drive...this was the carry review. So if altis using the same platform it shouldn't be too far off.

↡ Advertisement

Just ignore him. Change to multilink at the back is going to improve the corolla characteristics. Elantra, cerato, slyphy all torsion. Only i30, mz3 is multilink for the japs or Koreans.

Pardon my ignorance, I don't understand what is the difference between torsion and multilink as a driver and passenger le?

There is a difference between highlighting bad points and bashing.

Anyway your "reputation" is well known here So I'm Not gonna waste my time responding to u and twit cos My dream car?

Lol. Yeah my dream car is a KIA! Best specs, most value for money. Yeah ðª

U r slapping ur mouth twice in case u r not aware. Typical Toyota loyalists behavior

well said..

some are just a little stubborn..

in my opinions if really wanna to share, please share the disadvantages of your own ride so it is make known to other to evaluate. Because most review only talk about plus point not the minus points.

just like myself I share as well my ride negative points, so others make known and can make decision better.

p/s:

negative point not means to bash other brands.

Edited by Contipro
  • Praise 2

Pardon my ignorance, I don't understand what is the difference between torsion and multilink as a driver and passenger le?

you can google YouTube torsion beam vs multi link..

torsion beam is a way to cut cost such as elantra, kia, current Altis, and other entry model.

usually the ride are more bumpy on torsion beam especially for back passenger (front driver and front passenger less impact), just like vezel my friend sold it after 1 year ownership as his wife sitting at back complaining.

after change to other crossover with multi link rear suspension the ride feedback is more refined.

• Praise 2

Very simply put, to keep both rear wheels on the tarmac, a torsion beam has to twist slightly so contact is maintained. It's like a flexible rod.

But multilink is an independent suspension with a solid axle and 2 units above each wheel which move the wheel up and down via springs to maintain contact.

In theory, a properly tuned one will be more comfortable especially in the rear esp going over humps or uneven surfaces. In cornering and handling due to the better contact with the ground, your rear wheels are going to work better.

It's very common in B&B car when u go over humps, the rear bounces more than the front. Cos front is independent suspension.

Well if u don't drive a different vehicle, u won't know it lah. Or if u just drive like u are doing driving lessons lol...

torsion beam is a way to cut cost such as elantra, kia, current Altis, and other entry model.

usually the ride are more bumpy on torsion beam especially for back passenger (front driver and front passenger less impact), just like vezel my friend sold it after 1 year ownership as his wife sitting at back complaining.

after change to other crossover with multi link rear suspension the ride feedback is more refined.

Can i say altis is using torsion beam for all the past generation altis right? But when i sit behind an altis, i find the ride quite ok le, not bumpy. Edited by 13177

Yes. Just take a ride in the backseat of a vezel or grab ride vs say taking a sonata. It's damn obvious but also the longer wheelbase of the sonata works.

The current gen altis I have to say is superior in this aspect to the other B&B cars ive taken as grab ride. Their torsion beam is done a bit better than the rest.

• Praise 1

I disagree that Altis is the worst. This new one seems good to me. Sylphy is worse than altis, just to name 1 car. Like if u agree with me. Dislike if u disagree.

Since when I said altis is the worst?

I only agree it's overpriced n due to its high price and the features altis can offered is unjustifiable.

• Dislike 3

Yes. Just take a ride in the backseat of a vezel or grab ride vs say taking a sonata. It's damn obvious but also the longer wheelbase of the sonata works.

The current gen altis I have to say is superior in this aspect to the other B&B cars ive taken as grab ride. Their torsion beam is done a bit better than the rest.

I am driving a vezel. Yes the rear; my wife and son always complain bouncy. So I added rubber stiffen ring to toughen the suspension. Ok now.

Since when I said altis is the worst?

I only agree it's overpriced n due to its high price and the features altis can offered is unjustifiable.

you do know that we are discussing the 2020 altis here and it's not even in sg yet.

not sure why you're talking about overpriced when it's purely speculative. please help keep those stuff to the older altis thread if you're talking about the old gen.

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

you do know that we are discussing the 2020 altis here and it's not even in sg yet.

not sure why you're talking about overpriced when it's purely speculative. please help keep those stuff to the older altis thread if you're talking about the old gen.

It's like telling a pregnant woman that her baby is ugly without even seeing it born yet.

Some people are just troublemakers and and so bloody thick in the head with nothing inside

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Very simply put, to keep both rear wheels on the tarmac, a torsion beam has to twist slightly so contact is maintained. It's like a flexible rod.

But multilink is an independent suspension with a solid axle and 2 units above each wheel which move the wheel up and down via springs to maintain contact.

In theory, a properly tuned one will be more comfortable especially in the rear esp going over humps or uneven surfaces. In cornering and handling due to the better contact with the ground, your rear wheels are going to work better.

It's very common in B&B car when u go over humps, the rear bounces more than the front. Cos front is independent suspension.

Well if u don't drive a different vehicle, u won't know it lah. Or if u just drive like u are doing driving lessons lol...

T crown will prove you wrong.

He said his cerato the best car with torsion beam is good in cornering and handling. Lol....

I am driving a vezel. Yes the rear; my wife and son always complain bouncy. So I added rubber stiffen ring to toughen the suspension. Ok now.

Years ago, my dad's g8 corolla, I said the same thing and my dad changed it. Got a lot better. Haha

It's like telling a pregnant woman that her baby is ugly without even seeing it born yet.

Some people are just troublemakers and and so bloody thick in the head with nothing inside

post-1798-0-88829000-1542517700_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 5

Years ago, my dad's g8 corolla, I said the same thing and my dad changed it. Got a lot better. Haha

Hahaha..Anyway after putting on the rubber stiffen ring..pump 250 tyre pressure and gentle driving style like I always do the bounce lessen. Not much of complain from them.

hey, you add to all 4 or only rear ? My Corolla also very bouncy

any toyota thread sure must chime in one mah  [laugh]

• Praise 2

I knew this was coming.

Humji fella. Go back to your momma lah.

Dislike for all I fark care.

Limpeh has so many points that it will take you years to deduct.

But being a humji fella, right now you are!

Humji kum gong KIA. ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

211952D4-2B6A-471D-B955-47B59206F4CC.jpeg

Points also cannot exchange for ntuc vouchers hahaha

The need to constantly justify own purchase and bash other brand usually mean one thing..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3