2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

I can't say I like it.. And I can't say I dislike it. Conflicting mixed feelings within me ð¤£

But the iPad style screen is quite irritating. I just don't like this kind of look. Prefer those integrated ones.

I like the front. The rear doesn't look too good. Reminds me of a old legacy.

The cvt with the 2.0 seems decent.

Frankly all the cars at this category are not going to evoke much positive emotion. Just that my first car is a g11 so I have a soft spot for it.

Its after all an entry level car which is more like an appliance.

I'm quite chin chai about interior dashboard look. I think it's OK... Yes probably will prefer integrated but not a deal breaker for me.

It's never a thing. It's just a altis.

It's like white rice. Haha inoffensive. Just that trying to attract back some crossover buyers.

This is the 2nd most popular car model by numbers in the world (based on the latest mcf article)...

• Praise 1

I like the front. The rear doesn't look too good. Reminds me of a old legacy.

The cvt with the 2.0 seems decent.

Frankly all the cars at this category are not going to evoke much positive emotion. Just that my first car is a g11 so I have a soft spot for it.

Its after all an entry level car which is more like an appliance.

I'm quite chin chai about interior dashboard look. I think it's OK... Yes probably will prefer integrated but not a deal breaker for me.

It's like white rice. Haha inoffensive. Just that trying to attract back some crossover buyers.

This is the 2nd most popular car model by numbers in the world (based on the latest mcf article)...

Yeah, the most popular model ain't even a car.

The Hatch has gotten a GR SPORT version, which is similar to the Hyundai N-line and BMW M-sport, cosmetic tweaks only. Full fat Corolla GR is rumoured to land with a turbo engine "halfway through the model's life cycle". A new style for the Corolla station wagon was announced too.

post-151638-0-55578300-1551320309.jpg

post-151638-0-65260300-1551320316.jpg

post-151638-0-74309100-1551320320.jpeg

https://newsroom.toyota.eu/new-corolla-gr-sport-and-corolla-trek/

• Praise 1

Yeah, the most popular model ain't even a car.

them americans love their f150  [:p]

imagine that ford only sells 5 mil vehicles, and 20% are F150.

Looks nice, but more interested in the sedan version, any idea when is it available? Hope PI bring them in

The Europe and US versions are coming out between March to April if I'm not wrong. Not too sure how fast PI can bring them in, or how fast Thailand factory is tooling for BM.

• Praise 1

It has gotta be the 2L Dynamic Force engine. Or at least the 1.8 hybrid model.

the current 1.6L will be the car biggest failure. 

The sedan styling is the worst among the 3 body style, the boot looks like a rounder current G11 Altis boot thats all, with some elements from the G10 Altis.. Alot of clashed body lines at the boot. Not sleek at all

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/306857/2020-toyota-corolla-sedan-first-drive/

North America market G12 Corolla can be ordered with the 2L DF engine and a 6MT. Yet the journalists complained that theres not enuf power even with such potent setup.Toyota can't even offer a smooth shifting shifter either LOL

U can imagine what crap performance BM G12 Corolla will be if it comes with the old 1.6L and CVT...

Edited by Cheefarn

The sedan styling is the worst among the 3 body style, the boot looks like a rounder current G11 Altis boot thats all, with some elements from the G10 Altis.. Alot of clashed body lines at the boot. Not sleek at all

North America market G12 Corolla can be ordered with the 2L DF engine and a 6MT. Yet the journalists complained that theres not enuf power even with such potent setup.Toyota can't even offer a smooth shifting shifter either LOL

U can imagine what crap performance BM G12 Corolla will be if it comes with the old 1.6L and CVT...

Not every buyer of a BnB car are car nuts like you and me lah. Middle-of-the-road is good enough. What is more important to many folks is dependability, reliability and resale value. Just ask the 46 million past and present buyers..haha!
  • Praise 4

Not every buyer of a BnB car are car nuts like you and me lah. Middle-of-the-road is good enough. What is more important to many folks is dependability, reliability and resale value. Just ask the 46 million past and present buyers..haha!

Ya.... I am one.

After previous Forte for 8.5 years, getting Altis is a big "upgrade" feeling - Comfortable, quiet cabin, relaxing style handing.  Long distance travelling is much less stressful. Save 20% of fuel from 8.5l/100km to 7.0l/100km.  Strongly felt must go for 7 SRS car which Altis has, but hope never ever I'll need it.

Reliability, I cannot tell, still new. Only heard it's good. But was reason why I never go back Korean.

Edited by dannychoy84
  • Praise 2

Ya.... I am one.

After previous Forte for 8.5 years, getting Altis is a big "upgrade" feeling - Comfortable, quiet cabin, relaxing style handing. Long distance travelling is much less stressful. Save 20% of fuel from 8.5l/100km to 7.0l/100km. Strongly felt must go for 7 SRS car which Altis has, but hope never ever I'll need it.

Reliability, I cannot tell, still new. Only heard it's good. But was reason why I never go back Korean.

I can understand the appeal and I can only be happy for you, and I'm sure there are thousands more who feel the same as you.

Food for thought:

CAT A vs CAT B COE

And the current 1.6L Japan made engine is still more efficient and better in performance as compared to the other 1.6L engines in the Honda Civic, Hyundai Avante and Kia K3.

Food for thought:

CAT A vs CAT B COE

And the current 1.6L Japan made engine is still more efficient and better in performance as compared to the other 1.6L engines in the Honda Civic, Hyundai Avante and Kia K3.

You sure Toyota engines are still from Japan? They are all built in Thailand for the longest time already

Same applies to Honda and most other major manufacturers who setup shops in Thailand

• Praise 2

You sure Toyota engines are still from Japan? They are all built in Thailand for the longest time already

Same applies to Honda and most other major manufacturers who setup shops in Thailand

No doubt the cars are assembled in Thailand, that's for sure. For engine wise, it's a source I found elsewhere, but even if the source turns out to be false and it's not made in Japan, the engine is still more efficient and better performance than the other 1.6L NA CAT A engines. 

Ya.... I am one.

After previous Forte for 8.5 years, getting Altis is a big "upgrade" feeling - Comfortable, quiet cabin, relaxing style handing.  Long distance travelling is much less stressful. Save 20% of fuel from 8.5l/100km to 7.0l/100km.  Strongly felt must go for 7 SRS car which Altis has, but hope never ever I'll need it.

koreans not reliable?u sure abt that..

koreans not reliable?u sure abt that..

Below my experience sharing, not supporting nor banning any make. Maybe some are lucky, gotten less problematic cars, but I doubt it. There are reasons to buy Koreans such as low price point. Preference are subjective and I am not judging peoples choice or decision.

I got a new Forte 2009 Nov. I used it until Jun 2018 - 8.5 years (160k km).  Spent lots of money after warranty ended especially the last 2 years until I gave up.

Parts changed (under warranty and after warranty):
- 2 x Windshield cracked (seems initial batches known defect).
(2nd time it happened, CnC refused to even check for me under warranty; when I called, they asked me claim insurance. Luckily my insurance covered.)
- 2nd year - rack and pinion due to steering giving loud squeaking sound
- 4th year - rack and pinion due to steering giving loud squeaking sound (AGAIN)
- 4th year - bushing change due to suspension giving loud knocking sound
- 7.5th year - ECU - faulty causing transmission shift erratically
- 8th year -  aircon compressor
- 8th year-  gasket -old leak
- 8.5th year - alternator

Faults never repaired and gave up on the car before my planned 10 years ownership
- steering giving loud squeaking sound (likely rack and pinion AGAIN)
suspension giving loud knocking sound (likely bushing AGAIN)
- ABS warning light up, likely not working
- Fuel consumption creeping up

Below my experience sharing, not supporting nor banning any make. Maybe some are lucky, gotten less problematic cars, but I doubt it. There are reasons to buy Koreans such as low price point. Preference are subjective and I am not judging peoples choice or decision.

I got a new Forte 2009 Nov. I used it until Jun 2018 - 8.5 years (160k km).  Spent lots of money after warranty ended especially the last 2 years until I gave up.

(2nd time it happened, CnC refused to even check for me under warranty; when I called, they asked me claim insurance. Luckily my insurance covered.)
- 4th year - rack and pinion due to steering giving loud squeaking sound (AGAIN)

Faults never repaired and gave up on the car before my planned 10 years ownership

Seems like their ecu not so reliable?

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2658929-matrix-ecu-failing/

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2182418-ecu-problem/

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/kia-motors-corporation-ecu-problem-kia-forte-16-sx-4-speed-c1088467.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/128210-hyundai-i20-ecu-trouble.html

Below my experience sharing, not supporting nor banning any make. Maybe some are lucky, gotten less problematic cars, but I doubt it. There are reasons to buy Koreans such as low price point. Preference are subjective and I am not judging peoples choice or decision.

I got a new Forte 2009 Nov. I used it until Jun 2018 - 8.5 years (160k km). Spent lots of money after warranty ended especially the last 2 years until I gave up.

- 4th year - rack and pinion due to steering giving loud squeaking sound (AGAIN)

- 4th year - bushing change due to suspension giving loud knocking sound

- 7.5th year - ECU - faulty causing transmission shift erratically

- 8th year - aircon compressor

- 8th year- gasket -old leak

- suspension giving loud knocking sound (likely bushing AGAIN)

understand your situation.

however some will say this not reliability issue but common wear and tear..

but if this on another brand the view will focus as reliability issue instead of wear and tear.

• Praise 1

im driving a toyota myself but i do believe some of the issues are common wear and tear.i think after the 4th year,other make would probably give us the same problems but im happy for you now as you're clearly better off with a toyota.cheers!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1