2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

Of course. Its expensive but you are paying for a car that will last you more than a decade. Dun be taken in by the low price of the Koreans, Their OMV is very vey low one.

Altis got No fancy features like those Korean cars. Thats what makes it the most reliable car in the world. You should consider buying one if you still driving Korean. It will change your mind about the word SIMPLE RELIABILITY

So you plan to change to altis if BM really offer discount for their outgoing current altis?

↡ Advertisement

Dilemma, is it better to wait for new Altis or book the existing model ?

From many test drive videos on YouTube, the new Corolla 2020 has better handling.

But present version has better interior space especially rare seat.

Maybe Prius is reference to the comfort and space level for the new Corolla (both TNGA). Could get a ride on Prius taxi and decide

• Praise 2

From many test drive videos on YouTube, the new Corolla 2020 has better handling.

But present version has better interior space especially rare seat.

Maybe Prius is reference to the comfort and space level for the new Corolla (both TNGA). Could get a ride on Prius taxi and decide

I like the new corolla dashboard looks v appealing, but if reference to Prius it’s a step back as I find Prius quite crampy And not as good compare to Altis

I like the new corolla dashboard looks v appealing, but if reference to Prius it’s a step back as I find Prius quite crampy And not as good compare to Altis

I find such problem with TNGA also. Another TNGA based C-HR also has cramp rare seat and very bumpy.  Honda H-RV has better room space although equally bumpy.

Many like the better handling. Personally I like present Altis easy, just nice handling. Comfortable and relaxing driving it.

So, it's all personal preference.

Edited by dannychoy84

I find such problem with TNGA also. Another TNGA based C-HR also has cramp rare seat and very bumpy.  Honda H-RV has better room space although equally bumpy.

Many like the better handling. Personally I like present Altis easy, just nice handling. Comfortable and relaxing driving it.

So, it's all personal preference.

I spent some time in the current Prius, a 450km trip in a rented one in Japan, and both as a rear seat passenger and a driver on 2 separate trips to Sepang.

As a rear seat pax, I find the rear quarters of the Prius as spacious as most cars in its class, certainly way better than the Mazda 3 for example. Also, the low and high speed ride, and the composure of the Prius on difficult roads was very impressive for a Jap car, firm - yes, but well-controlled and not bumpy at all. I commented to my fellow travellers that it was almost as good as my current ride, which is a W212.

As a driver, the Prius could hold a sustained 160kmh cruise with 3 onboard + heavy bags without histrionics, much to my surprise given its paltry 120bhp.

The C-HR has adequate knee and leg room, but due to its small windows and dark interior, makes the rear seats smaller than it actually is. The Lexus UX, however, is really cramped IMO. I hadn't ridden in a C-HR so I cant comment on its ride, but I find the rear seat ride in the H-RV quite intolerable.

The sedan version of the 12th Gen Corolla has a longer wheelbase (same 2700mm as Prius) than the hatchback version, so likely to be more spacious.

• Praise 3

I spent some time in the current Prius, a 450km trip in a rented one in Japan, and both as a rear seat passenger and a driver on 2 separate trips to Sepang.

As a rear seat pax, I find the rear quarters of the Prius as spacious as most cars in its class, certainly way better than the Mazda 3 for example. Also, the low and high speed ride, and the composure of the Prius on difficult roads was very impressive for a Jap car, firm - yes, but well-controlled and not bumpy at all. I commented to my fellow travellers that it was almost as good as my current ride, which is a W212.

As a driver, the Prius could hold a sustained 160kmh cruise with 3 onboard + heavy bags without histrionics, much to my surprise given its paltry 120bhp.

The C-HR has adequate knee and leg room, but due to its small windows and dark interior, makes the rear seats smaller than it actually is. The Lexus UX, however, is really cramped IMO. I hadn't ridden in a C-HR so I cant comment on its ride, but I find the rear seat ride in the H-RV quite intolerable.

The sedan version of the 12th Gen Corolla has a longer wheelbase (same 2700mm as Prius) than the hatchback version, so likely to be more spacious.

Do respect people preference for better handling car and less particular for space. Just that I personally prefer present Altis for it's spaciousness and easy handling. Do try present Altis.

Disagree take Merc as a a standard or definition of good interior space. I find Conti cars are generally designed for better handling, sacrificing interior room. I took Merc Cab before. It's really not to my liking.  Went to car show see BM and Audi also. Inside really cramp if compared to Japanese and some Koreans. Again do respect people preference for conti for many other good reasons.

BTW, present Altis has 2700 mm wheelbase also. All comment about new Corolla are referring to Corolla 2020 which is sedan version, available for sale at USA already. Do really hope new Altis not as cramp as Prius.

Edited by dannychoy84
  • Praise 2

Seems that COE is slowly creeping upwards....

Was toying on Cerato.....:)

Hope to have some news on new Altis...

Do respect people preference for better handling car and less particular for space. Just that I personally prefer present Altis for it's spaciousness and easy handling. Do try present Altis.

Disagree take Merc as a a standard or definition of good interior space. I find Conti cars are generally designed for better handling, sacrificing interior room. I took Merc Cab before. It's really not to my liking. Went to car show see BM and Audi also. Inside really cramp if compared to Japanese and some Koreans. Again do respect people preference for conti for many other good reasons.

BTW, present Altis has 2700 mm wheelbase also. All comment about new Corolla are referring to Corolla 2020 which is sedan version, available for sale at USA already. Do really hope new Altis not as cramp as Prius.

Let me put it in simple English for you: The TGNA Prius is NOT cramped and is NOT hard riding.

In addition I am trying to tell you that TGNA Prius has a good balance between comfort and good handling. It is very likely the 12th gen Corolla will be every bit as good.

I do respect your preference about not wanting to know all this. Do continue to be happy with your 11th gen Corolla Altis. Better buy another one to keep. Cheers!

Edited by Toeknee_33

Seems that COE is slowly creeping upwards....

Was toying on Cerato.....:)

Hope to have some news on new Altis...

Mai tu liao... by that time new Altis launch, Cerato likely be more expensive than Altis today....

Let me put it in simple English for you: The TGNA Prius is NOT cramped and is NOT hard riding.

In addition I am trying to tell you that TGNA Prius has a good balance between comfort and good handling. It is very likely the 12th gen Corolla will be every bit as good.

I do respect your preference about not wanting to know all this. Do continue to be happy with your 11th gen Corolla Altis. Better buy another one to keep. Cheers!

Don't need try convince anybody friend. Good products no need convincing, people will buy.

Noted your disagreement and liking of Prius and TNGA.

So leave the disagreement as is....Cheers

• Praise 1

Don't need try convince anybody friend. Good products no need convincing, people will buy.

Noted your disagreement and liking of Prius and TNGA.

So leave the disagreement as is....Cheers

Still remember an ex colleague of mine in early 2000 bought a corolla online without even test drive it. Online purchase!

Mai tu liao... by that time new Altis launch, Cerato likely be more expensive than Altis today....

Need to know when 2020 Altis will be launched

Disagree take Merc as a a standard or definition of good interior space. I find Conti cars are generally designed for better handling, sacrificing interior room. I took Merc Cab before. It's really not to my liking. Went to car show see BM and Audi also. Inside really cramp if compared to Japanese and some Koreans. Again do respect people preference for conti for many other good reasons.

Erm cyee29 is the one who said Prius is cramped.

Toeknee is the one who said Prius is spacious.

You dial wrong number izzit

Twincharged

@theoldjaffa, whatever lah, he is justifiably proud of the car he owns. A lot of people think that the car they own is the best.

ego lor. diss their choice of car means dissing them. every car has plus and minus point, some much much more minus.i don't design and build the car, but i'm only a consumer. I diss my own car's shitty quality and bad points too.

• Praise 1

ego lor. diss their choice of car means dissing them. every car has plus and minus point, some much much more minus.i don't design and build the car, but i'm only a consumer. I diss my own car's shitty quality and bad points too.

But we never diss his choice of car at all leh.

I think it's a serious misunderstanding.

↡ Advertisement