2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

On 8/28/2019 at 2:24 PM, Cheefarn said:

Not really. Other than the Corolla hatch, the unwritten curse that even numbered Corolla generations tends to look boring and sometimes awful came back full force again. 

The Gen 12 sedan shown here looks like what Toyota did to the G10 Altis, change just for the sake of it. It still looked alot like the current G11 Altis. US, EU and China actually got a better looking front end of the same car. 

Gen12 Altis body is smaller and the cabin offers noticeable lesser space. That SMLJ TNGA platform really eats up alot of rear legroom space. 

See the upcoming SE Asia Altis review here. Taiwan market already got it. It really doesn't look impressive when compared with the Mazda 3 or other euro cars of this price range

On 8/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, Cheefarn said:

Even the top spec hybrid have such tiny wheels... 

On 8/28/2019 at 4:49 PM, Cheefarn said:

Maybe not necessary more ergonomically friendly. The dash middle part sticks out too much and people with long legs will keep banging onto the dash.

Just take a ride in the current Prius and u will see what I mean. CHR also. From the outside, it seems like the front seats have impressive legroom, but when u actually sit down, you will realize your knees will keep banging onto the dash. The deeper foot well doesn't quite serve its purpose as a result. 

Tall people like me are quite particular about overall dash and front legroom designs.:) 

G11 Altis dash may look very early 2000s, but at least I could get comfortable at the front seats.  

Yeah, Toyota with their vast resources and know-how somehow manage to make horrible cars that are somehow worse than the previous generations. This SMLJ TNGA-platform also don't know for what, just hopeless. Don't know why Toyota is World No 2. But better don't buy. 😀

Long live GM and Korea 万岁!! 🤔🤣

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 3

On 9/1/2019 at 1:31 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Long live GM and Korea 万岁!! 🤔🤣

GM 万岁? Why ah?

GM no more selling any cars in SG leh

Chevy - gone

Opel - sold to PSA

Cadillac - never came 

59 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

GM 万岁? Why ah?

GM no more selling any cars in SG leh

Chevy - gone

Opel - sold to PSA

Cadillac - never came 

Tongue-in-cheek Bro, tongue-in-cheek.

If you have the time to read all his posts you will know what I mean.

On 9/2/2019 at 1:31 PM, Octopus said:

New Toyota Corolla Altis teased for Thailand – Sept 13

Ref: https://paultan.org/2019/08/29/new-toyota-corolla-altis-teased-for-thailand-sept-13/

The base engine on the 1.6 J and 1.6 G is a 1ZR-FAE 1.6 litre naturally-aspirated four-cylinder Dual VVT-i unit with 132 hp and 159 Nm of torque

I'm sure BM will ask Toyota to knock off a few horsepower or order the new model with 11th gen engine. No way they will try to sell this car under Cat B lol

17 hours ago, Contented said:

Anyone gone for roadshow? Are they cutting price for old model already?

BM advertised $10k off all Toyota models for their roadshow so not only Altis but I'm not sure whether it comes with T&C? 

• Praise 4

On 8/28/2019 at 2:24 PM, Cheefarn said:

Not really. Other than the Corolla hatch, the unwritten curse that even numbered Corolla generations tends to look boring and sometimes awful came back full force again. 

The Gen 12 sedan shown here looks like what Toyota did to the G10 Altis, change just for the sake of it. It still looked alot like the current G11 Altis. US, EU and China actually got a better looking front end of the same car. 

Gen12 Altis body is smaller and the cabin offers noticeable lesser space. That SMLJ TNGA platform really eats up alot of rear legroom space. 

See the upcoming SE Asia Altis review here. Taiwan market already got it. It really doesn't look impressive when compared with the Mazda 3 or other euro cars of this price range

I quite like this guy's comment on the cars .  

• Praise 2

50 minutes ago, Spring said:

BM advertised $10k off all Toyota models for their roadshow so not only Altis but I'm not sure whether it comes with T&C? 

Bedok mall roadshow... 89k compare to previous price of 98k I think? Hmm.. who is there please check the tc 

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

No leh... old model still expensive.  The demand for a new altis is still there .

If at coe of 31k at 89k.. it mean it is selling cheaper than previous bid... not sure what is their trick?

3 minutes ago, Contented said:

If at coe of 31k at 89k.. it mean it is selling cheaper than previous bid... not sure what is their trick?

Maybe clearing stock that’s why got discount? But then again discount was for across the board as per their advert. 

• Praise 3

14 minutes ago, Spring said:

Maybe clearing stock that’s why got discount? But then again discount was for across the board as per their advert. 

Some of the Altis advance feature are very stupid and no sense... Daytime light (DRL) cannot be off... boot cannot be always lock... rear screen solar firm that produce multiple headlight image.. 17inch tyre that is noisy and expensive to change..

please check when buying the car... new or old model...

3 hours ago, Contented said:

Some of the Altis advance feature are very stupid and no sense... Daytime light (DRL) cannot be off... boot cannot be always lock... rear screen solar firm that produce multiple headlight image.. 17inch tyre that is noisy and expensive to change..

I believe DRL default cannot be off in cars and 17 inch tyre quite common in most cars nowadays la. 

Anyway, you can downgrade your tyre size if you find the 17 inch noisy and expensive to change lo. 😂

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Contented said:

When boot cover is closed, not locked meh?

Whether noisy or not, it is not size related.  

Tyre price comparison:

Kumho Solus 205/55 16: 73.83/pc

Kumho Escta 215/45 17: 105.93/pc

Very ex meh?

↡ Advertisement