2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

finally a nice one from Toyota

Not so fast bro. JDM uses the better and more sporty looking front end like the US and Euro market model. And JDM Corolla offers all the best engines Toyota have in their inventory

SE Asia version looks alot worst and a more blunt nose  as shown below

image.png.24e8d777363f97a6f3f4c9bca3788cae.png

2 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

https://toyota.jp/corolla/

Toyota Japan officially launched it's Corolla today. Many variants available from 1.8, hybrid, 1.2turbo manual transmission. Parallel importers mai tu liao!!!!

JDM models will be slightly smaller. The sedan and estate model seem to have based on the hatchback wheelbase to build on instead of the euro-version which has the 2700mm wheelbase. The styling regardless JDM or Euro version, this time round though, all look similar,  just dimensionally different between JDM and Euro Corollas.

Edited by Heartbreakid

36 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Not so fast bro. JDM uses the better and more sporty looking front end like the US and Euro market model. And JDM Corolla offers all the best engines Toyota have in their inventory

Moreover local version ones are made in Thailand.  Quality not as good .

4 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

JDM models will be slightly smaller. The sedan and estate model seem to have based on the hatchback wheelbase to build on instead of the euro-version which has the 2700mm wheelbase. The styling regardless JDM or Euro version, this time round though, all look similar,  just dimensionally different between JDM and Euro Corollas.

Good catch on the wheelbase, I thought they are the same! Too much information in the press release: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/29375766.html

I couldn't tell from the materials whether there is rear aircon for the JDM models. I saw a picture of charging ports but not the rear aircon like the US/EU models.

I checked the Toyota Japan website. Indeed the Sedan and Wagon is based on the hatchback 2640mm wheelbase (the tell-tale sign is the shorter rear doors and a shorter rear overhang of both models) as opposed to Euro and Asean Corolla which has 2700mm. JDM model width is 1745mm as opposed to Euro at 1790mm.

Only the hatchback model size is identical to Euro. I don't see any rear air-con vents either on the JDM model. 

Toyota cars aircon all the while super powerful, no need rear aircon, whole car also super cold de. 😂

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

the all new 2019 1.8 Altis G variant RM$136888 (around SGD$45630) in Malaysia that come with Toyota safely sense just like the Harrier. I still think the infotainment and interior lose to Mazda 3 by alot.

For SG, i think the fight are between 1.5 Mazda 3 Astina vs new 1.6 Altis (not sure will BM bring in the hybrid version), facelift Civic 1.6 and 1.6 KIA K3 GT Line. I am not sure whether our local market facelift Civic come with Honda sensing safely feature or not, i know Malaysia come as standard.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyKnRbz7RSU

Edited by Fellows

2 hours ago, Fellows said:

the all new 2019 1.8 Altis G variant RM$136888 (around SGD$45630) in Malaysia that come with Toyota safely sense just like the Harrier. I still think the infotainment and interior lose to Mazda 3 by alot.

For SG, i think the fight are between 1.5 Mazda 3 Astina vs new 1.6 Altis (not sure will BM bring in the hybrid version), facelift Civic 1.6 and 1.6 KIA K3 GT Line. I am not sure whether our local market facelift Civic come with Honda sensing safely feature or not, i know Malaysia come as standard.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyKnRbz7RSU

Finally the interior of the altis more modern looking, similar to what others jap and korean cars now.

Saw there is a rear aircon vent and electronic brake. But i dont really like the exterior rear, too much chrome and also the HU a bit too big.

Edited by 13177

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Finally the interior of the altis more modern looking, similar to what others jap and korean cars now.

Saw there is a rear aircon vent and electronic brake. But i dont really like the exterior rear, too much chrome and also the HU a bit too big.

Look at the default Malaysia vaiant center console display, it's that old school in mount 6.5 inch with thick bezel like some after market radio system like our current facelift altis, the UI so cmi while Japanese new corolla uses the full actual display with Apple Carplay support and come with head up display. All come with Toyota safely sense. 

I think Japanese JDM sedan variant technology inside, it's MIJ, the front light sleeker and better engine option is quite worth that PI bring the 2WD variant in as we don't need E-Four variant which is the highest variant 

1. Hybrid W x B 1.8 + Motor, this is the second highest spec.

2. W x B 1.8 CVT 

3. Hybrid S 1.8 + Motor

4. S 1.8 CVT 

5. Hybrid GS 1.8 + Motor

6. G 1.8 CVT

Screenshot_20190919-081914__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190919-082421__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190919-082734__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190919-082742__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190919-082220__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190919-082158__01.jpg

Edited by Fellows

On 9/17/2019 at 2:27 PM, Cheefarn said:

Actually each variant, the styling this time round is really not too bad looking.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Actually each variant, the styling this time round is really not too bad looking.

Interior indeed not bad looking. Exterior i find the new altis and the previous facelift altis both not bad looking.

1 hour ago, Fellows said:

Look at the default Malaysia vaiant center console display, it's that old school in mount 6.5 inch with thick bezel like some after market radio system like our current facelift altis, the UI so cmi while Japanese new corolla uses the full actual display with Apple Carplay support and come with head up display. All come with Toyota safely sense. 

I think Japanese JDM sedan variant technology inside, it's MIJ, the front light sleeker and better engine option is quite worth that PI bring the 2WD variant in as we don't need E-Four variant which is the highest variant 

1. Hybrid W x B 1.8 + Motor, this is the second highest spec.

2. W x B 1.8 CVT 

3. Hybrid S 1.8 + Motor

4. S 1.8 CVT 

5. Hybrid GS 1.8 + Motor

6. G 1.8 CVT

Wonder which variant will BM brings in to sell here? And what will be the final design of the new altis?

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Wonder which variant will BM brings in to sell here? And what will be the final design of the new altis?

Please refer to Toyota Thailand URL for more info. JDM ones doesn't apply to us. JDM, North America and Europe Corollas uses way more advanced engines as compared to our SE Asia markets ones. SE Asia is a good place for big companies to dump their valueless hardware here and market them like they are prized collectibles. This is where easy profits came in. How else do u explain POS eg Avanza, Innova etc still able to sell in this part of the world despite there atrocious crude and rough platform? 

https://www.toyota.co.th/altis/

https://paultan.org/2019/09/12/2019-toyota-corolla-now-open-for-booking-in-malaysia/?utm_source=featuredpostsdesktop-2019-toyota-corolla-now-open-for-booking-in-malaysia&utm_medium=internallinks&utm_campaign=internallinks

• Praise 3

44 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Probably variant wise might be the same as current, as in the availability of basic and a top spec model. Design wise, don't think will differ much externally from the Thai models. Maybe just some de-chrome bits and matt black interior trims over those glossy ones to differ between variants. 

Hopefully BM models will not have those 2-Din headunit, which looks less cohesive to the rest of the interior, like the Camry. Because for latest Altis, factory fitted ones, originally is a thin tablet like stuck on piece at the dash top which doesn't look too bad. 

Taiwan version ones is like a big block stuck to the dash top because the headunit is not those thin tablet like but a normal 2-Din radio size fitting. 

Edited by Heartbreakid

6 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Probably variant wise might be the same as current, as in the availability of basic and a top spec model. Design wise, don't think will differ much externally from the Thai models. Maybe just some de-chrome bits and matt black interior trims over those glossy ones to differ between variants. 

Hopefully BM models will not have those 2-Din headunit, which looks less cohesive to the rest of the interior, like the Camry. Because for latest Altis, factory fitted ones, originally is a thin tablet like stuck on piece at the dash top which doesn't look too bad. 

Taiwan version ones is like a big block stuck to the dash top because the headunit is not those thin tablet like but a normal 2-Din radio size fitting. 

We will get the large 2DIN hole.

It was BM policy to del ALL factory HU whenever possible to save on OMV. This is why even though the new Camry has s smooth flowing HU that fit flush with the dash  from the factory, BM asked the Thai factory to del that and the car came to SG with a big 2DIN hole. That certainly save a few dollars on the OMV.. Just don't ask why other AD can sell their same class of cars for LESS money yet came fully equipped with no ugly big hole on the dash

BM locally fitted 2DIN HU is extremely difficult to use too. Very confusing graphics 

Only exception is the Prius sedan, becos the HU also display important hybrid related data so BM cannot delete it. 

↡ Advertisement