2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

Actually Toyota cars like the Corolla Altis are not only very reliable, but also comfortable, efficient andrefined. That's why it is the top sales model in many countries all along. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 9/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, Cheefarn said:

Its a given we will get something similar if not identical HU like this. If BM can go to great length to have the HU deleted from the Camry, what makes you think they will retain the factory HU in the lesser G12 Corolla? For Euro made models eg the Rav4, Toyota cannot delete the HU, so what do we have? A late 90s looking dot matrix display HU with LCD screen display!. Buyers ended up stuck with a totally irrelevant radio unit  

Maybe your focus is mostly on the audio or integration experience but honestly if one really is geared towards the altis, I don't think that would be a deal breaker. 

There are many two din units out there with GPS, android and apple carplay integrated. Plus one can always upgrade to newer ones in future if better models with oled screens come along. 

I look at models from German makes that come with integrated lcd speedometers and audio units and I do ask if these can really stand the test of time, like to last for 10 years here. The cost of a replacement will also be high. 

There are always two sides of a coin la. Whatever rocks your boat. 

pioneer-8250.jpg

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Ingenius said:

Actually Toyota cars like the Corolla Altis are not only very reliable, but also comfortable, efficient andrefined. That's why it is the top sales model in many countries all along. 

I always hear people say altis is comfortable, just wonder what do it mean by comfortable? 😂

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

I always hear people say altis is comfortable, just wonder what do it mean by comfortable? 😂

G9 and G10 Corolla were Japan versions of the nasty 1970-80s American land barges... except the Corolla were much smaller and doesn't have any lux elements to it. 

Many pple mistook a wobbly ride as being comfortable. In the case of G9 and G10, at least in SG market context, the use of SMALLER than norm wheels sure made the ride more cushy since you have alot more tire sidewall to flex around and to soak up the bumps. 14in wheels for G9 and 15in for G10 was just pure nonsense

And just don't try to do any fast corners with such thick profile tires. The tires literally fold itself over during hard corners. 

In summery, these cars are not meant to be driven fast, esp ard corners. The antique and crude rear torsion beam suspension reacts slowly to roads imperfection and it is entirely possible and easy to see your rear wheels getting lifted completely off the ground for split secs when u drive over rough roads at speed. 

13 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Maybe your focus is mostly on the audio or integration experience but honestly if one really is geared towards the altis, I don't think that would be a deal breaker. 

There are many two din units out there with GPS, android and apple carplay integrated. Plus one can always upgrade to newer ones in future if better models with oled screens come along. 

I look at models from German makes that come with integrated lcd speedometers and audio units and I do ask if these can really stand the test of time, like to last for 10 years here. The cost of a replacement will also be high. 

There are always two sides of a coin la. Whatever rocks your boat. 

pioneer-8250.jpg

Aiya only something from GM or Korea will rock his boat. 

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

The engine/transmission combinations of the JDM corolla can be found here (in English):

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/29375766.html

The Corolla Sport 1.2T with 10 speed Super CVT-i could have a market in SG to compete with the likes of Mazda 3 hatchback, Golf. It falls under CAT A too. A worthy consideration for PIs. 

PI brought in the Hybrid Corolla hatch only. 

1.2T means CHR don't need to sell liao. Both are built on the shared TNGA platform

I guess PI can bring in any variant but for BM, dont think they will sell the hatch variant, still the same old thai made sedan variant.

30 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

The engine/transmission combinations of the JDM corolla can be found here (in English):

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/29375766.html

The Corolla Sport 1.2T with 10 speed Super CVT-i could have a market in SG to compete with the likes of Mazda 3 hatchback, Golf. It falls under CAT A too. A worthy consideration for PIs. 

Guys b4 you go gaga over the JDM Corolla sedan, please take note that JDM models are ALOT smaller and shorter than the international model that BM sells. JDM Corolla wagon model esp, has a completely different design from B pillar onward. It is different from the Europe model.

https://paultan.org/2019/09/17/2019-toyota-corolla-officially-goes-on-sale-in-japan/

the Japanese versions of the Corolla sedan and wagon have different dimensions from their international counterparts. In the case of the Corolla, it measures 4,495 mm long (-135 mm compared to overseas models), 1,745 mm (-35 mm), 1,435 mm tall (no change) and with a 2,640 mm wheelbase (-60 mm).

As for the Corolla Touring, it shares almost the same dimensions as its sedan sibling, although it is slightly taller at 1,460 mm. Compared to overseas models, the JDM wagon is 155 mm shorter in overall length, 45 mm narrower and has a wheelbase that is 60 mm shorter. There are no JDM-specific dimensions for the hatchback.

13.5cm and 15.5cm difference in length and 4.5cm narrower is alot... JDM G12 are closer to the Axio in size than a real international market Corolla. The dimension shrank to keep the Corolla from attracting the next tax bracket in JDM.

Edited by Cheefarn

22 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

G9 and G10 Corolla were Japan versions of the nasty 1970-80s American land barges... except the Corolla were much smaller and doesn't have any lux elements to it. 

Many pple mistook a wobbly ride as being comfortable. In the case of G9 and G10, at least in SG market context, the use of SMALLER than norm wheels sure made the ride more cushy since you have alot more tire sidewall to flex around and to soak up the bumps. 14in wheels for G9 and 15in for G10 was just pure nonsense

And just don't try to do any fast corners with such thick profile tires. The tires literally fold itself over during hard corners. 

In summery, these cars are not meant to be driven fast, esp ard corners. The antique and crude rear torsion beam suspension reacts slowly to roads imperfection and it is entirely possible and easy to see your rear wheels getting lifted completely off the ground for split secs when u drive over rough roads at speed. 

You are so pro and you know what endusers want.

you should start a company and build your own cars.

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

You are so pro and you know what endusers want.

you should start a company and build your own cars.

No lah, he is doing public service for people here who know less than him. That Toyota produces lousy, antiquated cars for this region and BM flogs them off to unsuspecting buyers at inflated prices. Its the same theme here as well as in the Camry thread and wherever in this forum where Toyota/Lexus is mentioned.

We all need to be educated about the good-for-nothing TNGA platform lah, the protruding dashboard lah, the poor rear legroom lah, the low-spec engines lah, antiquated suspension lah, the cheapskate infotainment system lah...

I(He) means, why buy Toyota when there are so many superbly engineered GM cars like Chevrolet (ooops...no more liao, isit? 🤔) and credible South Korean makes around? 

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha! 3

On 9/23/2019 at 3:19 PM, Shouyi said:

Hope PI can bring in the 1.2T JDM Corolla saloon

As long as the OMV and VES is market friendly  , there will be PIs bringing it in . 

@Cheefarn  - thanks for giving me my very first dislike in this revamped forum! 👍

I will return the favour the very next time I see another objectionable post from you!! 

In the meantime do pause and think about why you have all this angst and prejudice with Toyota and BM. Do you need help? 👨‍⚕️

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

Guys, if a car model you wish to buy has both sedan and hatchback, what are the pros and cons of each choice ?  Which will you buy ? 

A hatchback has a more versatile boot. The wider tailgate opening will allow loading of larger items like a mini-fridge for example, although the actual capacity may be smaller.

A sedan may be a little quieter due to better rear bulkhead insulation that cuts out some road noise from the back.

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

A hatchback has a more versatile boot. The wider tailgate opening will allow loading of larger items like a mini-fridge for example, although the actual capacity may be smaller.

A sedan may be a little quieter due to better rear bulkhead insulation that cuts out some road noise from the back.

I see, didn't know these differences.  Only knew that hatchbacks are more sporty looking and probably has better handling, and sedan has a bigger bootspace and hence more practical.  Thanks for sharing.  No wonder Corolla buyers tend to go for the more practical sedan.

Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1