2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

6MT? U need to import one in from Thailand yourself. 

Toyota Thailand and Malaysia have already phase out their manual transmission even for their lowest spec Vios. But Toyota Indonesia still offer manual for their Yaris Vios, none for Corolla and above. And of course Toyota Japan, UK and USA still offering plentiful of manual transmission. Just simply go to their country's respective Toyota website, then I see Singapore's site = 👎.

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

I saw it on their roads also. It is smaller and shorter than the G11 esp in the rear legroom. 

The hatch and the wagon is best looking among the bodystyle. I just find the sedan bodystyle is a last min addition rushed job. 

Malaysia already selling the new altis? I guess sg should launch the new altis next year as BM still have stocks for the current altis.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Malaysia already selling the new altis? I guess sg should launch the new altis next year as BM still have stocks for the current altis.

It is in Toyota Malaysia showroom now.

3 hours ago, ferrytales said:

1.8l hybrid altis, its gonna cost 120k at least cause its toyota! 

Then they can have higher selling price in used market which most ppl will treat it as higher resale value

I wouldn't call it exactly groundbreaking in design but I would hesitate to condemn how it looks though. To my untrained eye, it does look better than the previous few gens of Toyota corolla but I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Noting that this is actually the thai Toyota, it does look rather angular and this is noted by many reviewers. Jus check out YouTube and most reviews have noted that the design has been improved. 

Corolla-Altis-TW-1.jpg

Corolla-Altis-TW-2 (1).jpg

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Invigorated said:

I wouldn't call it exactly groundbreaking in design but I would hesitate to condemn how it looks though. To my untrained eye, it does look better than the previous few gens of Toyota corolla but I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Noting that this is actually the thai Toyota, it does look rather angular and this is noted by many reviewers. Jus check out YouTube and most reviews have noted that the design has been improved. 

Actually if you look at the design of altis from 2004 until 2019, the exterior design has been improving la. 

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Actually if you look at the design of altis from 2004 until 2019, the exterior design has been improving la. 

The trouble with our Asian market G12 Corolla design is that the design team still tried too hard to cater for the 'traditional'...read ah pek buyers which means they need to tone down the sporty cues and add in alot of chrome etc. This is why in 2020, we still have 2 versions of Corolla worldwide. The sporty model is meant for 1st world, developed countries while this boring front end are for 3rd world countries in this region. 

And u can see that Toyota designers still retained the flared fenders look... only to find tiny 15-16in wheels in those huge fenders. All these mismatch styling elements are what makes the G12 Corolla sedan looked like it was designed by some rojak sellers LOL :D 

The flared fenders would look great in western market Corolla hatch and wagon where 17-18in wheels were standard fit in there. 

32 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

The trouble with our Asian market G12 Corolla design is that the design team still tried too hard to cater for the 'traditional'...read ah pek buyers which means they need to tone down the sporty cues and add in alot of chrome etc. This is why in 2020, we still have 2 versions of Corolla worldwide. The sporty model is meant for 1st world, developed countries while this boring front end are for 3rd world countries in this region. 

And u can see that Toyota designers still retained the flared fenders look... only to find tiny 15-16in wheels in those huge fenders. All these mismatch styling elements are what makes the G12 Corolla sedan looked like it was designed by some rojak sellers LOL :D 

The flared fenders would look great in western market Corolla hatch and wagon where 17-18in wheels were standard fit in there. 

Maybe they will have 15-16 inch wheels in lower trim and 17-18 inch wheels in higher trim? Same like the current altis?! Lol.

35 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Its a pity Toyota didn't have you as their SEA regional director, with your profound knowledge of the market.

• Haha! 5

7 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Its a pity Toyota didn't have you as their SEA regional director, with your profound knowledge of the market.

Profound knowledge does not mean he knows how to make money for the company. 

53 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Profound knowledge does not mean he knows how to make money for the company. 

That I agree. I have never assumed to be otherwise 🙂 

8 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Other than using Prius 1.8L hybrid system, the base 1.6 and default 1.8L are carried over from the G11. Can't expect Toyota to offer 2L Dynamic Force engine in this part of the world. Most Corolla buyers wouldn't know nor appreciate what it is. Same CVT also. 6MT? U need to import one in from Thailand yourself. 

Toyota parts and technology would usually hang on at least 2 complete model change before they would intro something new... and that something new is usually existing tech that are already been widely deployed by other manufacturers for many years prior. 

It mean the features that I don’t like will still be there...  anyway I also don’t like the space at rear passenger seat.. look shorter... 

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

I don’t know why Altis need to be sporty.. sometime simplest can be advantage as less worry and maintenance cost...  and most important less issues due to wrong adoption of technology.. lol

3 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Corolla-Altis-TW-1.jpg

Corolla-Altis-TW-2 (1).jpg

All i can say is that it looks nicer in photo.

I had seen the real deal in Malaysia.

3 hours ago, Davidtch said:

I have seen the new model (Malaysia/International front) in Taiwan & the sporty US look (Levin version) in China recently.

Looks good to me.

12 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

I have seen the new model (Malaysia/International front) in Taiwan & the sporty US look (Levin version) in China recently.

Looks good to me.

International version:
The front is refreshing.

The back looks out of proportion.

Can’t comment on Levin

4 hours ago, Davidtch said:

It not about whether it looks nicer in photo a bit, that's really subjective. Point is, it does look better than previous gen and this is something many reviews from topgear Philippines to Bangkok Post have commented. 

We'll have to wait and see the final version here before we can decide but I think with the right warranty for the battery and pricing, the hybrid should sell well. 

↡ Advertisement