2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

3 hours ago, Davidtch said:

International version:
The front is refreshing.

The back looks out of proportion.

Can’t comment on Levin

Rear Passenger seat look too short for me... anyway will not get this new model as there is no change to tech and feature.... I think should support Apple or android play this model..,

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Invigorated said:

It not about whether it looks nicer in photo a bit, that's really subjective. Point is, it does look better than previous gen and this is something many reviews from topgear Philippines to Bangkok Post have commented. 

We'll have to wait and see the final version here before we can decide but I think with the right warranty for the battery and pricing, the hybrid should sell well. 

U seem to think they will sell the hybrid here? With Prius n Prius C available though 1 is a sort of sportback (my own description) n the other a HB, I suppose they do have room for a saloon hybrid. 

Battery warranty think Toyota has a 1 free replacement within 10yrs which so far I believe is adequate as not heard anything negative about it and anyway Toyota hybrids are the market leaders. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Spring said:

U seem to think they will sell the hybrid here? With Prius n Prius C available though 1 is a sort of sportback (my own description) n the other a HB, I suppose they do have room for a saloon hybrid. 

Battery warranty think Toyota has a 1 free replacement within 10yrs which so far I believe is adequate as not heard anything negative about it and anyway Toyota hybrids are the market leaders. 

scroll to the earlier few pages. It is already listed in LTA webpage liao... 

BM need something to replace that ancient Prius wagon and the OMG looking Prius sedan at the same time. Using Corolla is a no brainer la 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Contented said:

Rear Passenger seat look too short for me... anyway will not get this new model as there is no change to tech and feature.... I think should support Apple or android play this model..,

Well you can migrate to Taiwan :D ... see they got the Corolla hatch 2L Dynamic Force engine!. See how nice that FACTORY FITTED LCD panel looks and feel like vs that awful 2DIN parts bin HU that we will have eventually?

8 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

scroll to the earlier few pages. It is already listed in LTA webpage liao... 

BM need something to replace that ancient Prius wagon and the OMG looking Prius sedan at the same time. Using Corolla is a no brainer la 

Ok tks for pointing out. Wonder what's the price of the hybrid? My guess would be more than $120k which if correct, won't move much even for a Toyota.

• Praise 3

28 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ok tks for pointing out. Wonder what's the price of the hybrid? My guess would be more than $120k which if correct, won't move much even for a Toyota.

should be about the same price range as the the current Prius sedan ba. But it should have Toyota Sense suite, which our local spec Prius lacks

36 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

should be about the same price range as the the current Prius sedan ba. But it should have Toyota Sense suite, which our local spec Prius lacks

That’s $150k right? Very ex n into Camry territory albeit it’s a hybrid. If true then I would repost as “won’t move much” to “very unlikely to move”

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

That’s $150k right? Very ex n into Camry territory albeit it’s a hybrid. If true then I would repost as “won’t move much” to “very unlikely to move”

Prob less than that. Rem this is BM, they will instruct Toyota Thailand factory to give us a big 2DIN hole for the car, no factory leather, no alloy wheels, no aircon etc to depress the OMV. All these will then be installed at the PDI center when the cars are to be delivered to customers. 

4 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Prob less than that. Rem this is BM, they will instruct Toyota Thailand factory to give us a big 2DIN hole for the car, no factory leather, no alloy wheels, no aircon etc to depress the OMV. All these will then be installed at the PDI center when the cars are to be delivered to customers. 

Top up 1.5k for solar film n leather despite the selling already damn high

8 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Pray tell, our learned Toyota SEA director, how does a Corolla replace the Prius+ ? And please do tell the plebeian souls here, how is that model ancient? From the days of Noah's Ark?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 10/17/2019 at 2:02 PM, Cheefarn said:

The trouble with our Asian market G12 Corolla design is that the design team still tried too hard to cater for the 'traditional'...read ah pek buyers which means they need to tone down the sporty cues and add in alot of chrome etc. This is why in 2020, we still have 2 versions of Corolla worldwide. The sporty model is meant for 1st world, developed countries while this boring front end are for 3rd world countries in this region. 

And u can see that Toyota designers still retained the flared fenders look... only to find tiny 15-16in wheels in those huge fenders. All these mismatch styling elements are what makes the G12 Corolla sedan looked like it was designed by some rojak sellers LOL :D 

The flared fenders would look great in western market Corolla hatch and wagon where 17-18in wheels were standard fit in there. 

"this boring front end" is also the sedan variant in Europe. Not 3rd world the last I checked haha

On 10/18/2019 at 11:02 AM, Cheefarn said:

Well you can migrate to Taiwan :D ... see they got the Corolla hatch 2L Dynamic Force engine!. See how nice that FACTORY FITTED LCD panel looks and feel like vs that awful 2DIN parts bin HU that we will have eventually?

Honestly Toyota losing their human touch... 

On 10/18/2019 at 7:05 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Pray tell, our learned Toyota SEA director, how does a Corolla replace the Prius+ ? And please do tell the plebeian souls here, how is that model ancient? From the days of Noah's Ark?

TOYOTA is out of direction... if no improvement from old model don’t bother to buy Toyota...  I am sure there is not much improvement... 

42 minutes ago, Contented said:

TOYOTA is out of direction... if no improvement from old model don’t bother to buy Toyota...  I am sure there is not much improvement... 

The world doesn't revolve around you, your opinion means nothing to them  Statistically, Toyota is the top car selling brand in the world for 2018, and Corolla is the top selling model in the world. And it doesn't look to change. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 4

19 hours ago, Ingenius said:

The world doesn't revolve around you, your opinion means nothing to them  Statistically, Toyota is the top car selling brand in the world for 2018, and Corolla is the top selling model in the world. And it doesn't look to change. 

Already told you the effect come later... after gen 11... it affect the next model sales only... let see 2020 sales will drop or not.... lol

• Dislike 1

PSA: Borneo has asked for top-up

According to SE, Borneo Motors has not asked for top up since 2016. This is now October 2019.

Ordered in July when COE price was S$26.7k; recent round was S$32.3k. Borneo asked us to top up. Gave us the option of either topping up S$2k (non-guaranteed) or waiting another few months. Apparently Borneo is only willing to bid S$27k.

Thought I should share this because when I bought the car, I tried looking up Borneo's call history online. Could not find so relied on SE who told me no need to buy guaranteed as no chance of top up.

Pretty annoyed because I checked with our SEs from Honda, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki - apparently all their customers got their cars.

TLDR: Borneo sucks. Should have bought a Hyundai!

On 10/22/2019 at 6:16 PM, Contented said:

You are one hell of an interesting fella, slam Toyota but you went to buy one of your own. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2