2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

They already did. Komoco was somehow big F**k enough and ordered Hyundai to specially DETUNED the current batch of i30 hatch (note, just hatch, wagon remains the same) to make it 129hp instead of 140hp from the same 1.4L T. 

Specs were further lowered so that it can sell for <100k and hopefully buyers will find it a great deal since its below the 'physiological' $100k mark. 

But seems like all these troubles are not working. The detuned i30 remains unseen on the roads.  

if they threw this detuned 1.4t engine at 129hp into avante, it will sell like hot cakes. avante with 1.6 already almost topped b&b sedan sales this year, throw a 1.4t engine into it and sell it at sub 90k. 

i am sure it will kill the sales of all other entry level sedans easily. 

if BM brings the new altis with 1.6 and sell it at 100k, it will die a natural death as other b&b entry level sedans with similar specs are selling at cheaper than 80k (cerato/avante/city). if BM thinks that the toyota brand will sell itself, it won't last long but altis is parred against the civic, the older generation will feel that kimchi cerato/avante are not as reliable as japanese.

altis vs civic

vios vs city

Edited by ferrytales
↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

The 1.6L will kenna CEVS C1, so there's a 10k cash reward for LTA for every new G12 Altis sold. :D 

no wonder they're so incentivised. every new corolla sold, equals 1 year bonus for LTA top brass. 😁

detune or not, if a bmw 3cyl turbo can produce more than 130bhp, it won't be long before many small engines can produce that power and it's considered underpowered or normal. i rather a company detune because of climate (like here in aus), where most are detune because of the hot weather, than for them to detune unnecessarily. yes, i'm saying detuning for coe is unnecessary..  

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

100k consider not say very expensive for a 1.8L hybrid le.

The OMV is $25,406 

How much is the current Altis OMV? I think 100k is quite ok.

But buying cars with CEVS A1 or A2 means you loose your PARF value as punishment to save fuel in SG 

14 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

The OMV is $25,406 

How much is the current Altis OMV? I think 100k is quite ok.

But buying cars with CEVS A1 or A2 means you loose your PARF value as punishment to save fuel in SG 

The current altis OMV should be around $21K.

I just receive a sms invitation for a exclusive preview of the new altis and prelaunch sales this week and next week. 

The new altis should be coming soon. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Wlbwlb said:

I just receive a sms invitation for a exclusive preview of the new altis and prelaunch sales this week and next week. 

The new altis should be coming soon. 

New altis launching liao. 😂 How come you have special invitation de?

37 minutes ago, 13177 said:

New altis launching liao. 😂 How come you have special invitation de?

Lol. I also don't know. My 11,5 gen altis buy almost 2 years ago liao.

Maybe they think is time for me to change new one, want me spend money buy only. 😅

Just drive over the causeway to any Toyota dealer to see the new Corolla, no need to wait.  I love this guy's review cos he sound like my regular cai png store jiuhukia.

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Wlbwlb said:

Lol. I also don't know. My 11,5 gen altis buy almost 2 years ago liao.

Maybe they think is time for me to change new one, want me spend money buy only. 😅

2 years got potential to change lo, no wonder they send you invitation sms. Cause now you go see see look look, then go back think think here and there, your car maybe 3-4 years old, can change to this new gen altis. 😂

25 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Just drive over the causeway to any Toyota dealer to see the new Corolla, no need to wait.  I love this guy's review cos he sound like my regular cai png store jiuhukia.

This guy really sound so typical jiuhukia. Lol. The high 1.8G spec cost RM$136K So S$45K only! 😱

The HU on this new altis really big and ugly, hopefully they will do something about it during the facelift version later. 

• Praise 1

Most dislike is toyota HU liao, forever most lousy than others competitor one. 

Everyone all give car play and AA liao, they still give this bulls**t. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Wlbwlb said:

Most dislike is toyota HU liao, forever most lousy than others competitor one. 

Everyone all give car play and AA liao, they still give this bulls**t. 

Correct lo, they never improve on the HU design and feature?! -_- But can the HU be change?

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

This guy really sound so typical jiuhukia. Lol. The high 1.8G spec cost RM$136K So S$45K only! 😱

The HU on this new altis really big and ugly, hopefully they will do something about it during the facelift version later. 

You do know that the HU area was specially built to accept ugly local fitted 2DIN unit for bolehland and SG right? To keep the OMV down obviously. This has nothing to do with FL and I can bet u to the moon that it will remain this way even for the FL or G13 Corolla. Heck even the XV70 Camry BM also asked Toyota to cut a big 2DIN hole into the curvy dash to accept their local fitted HU.. made the Camry cabin looked so ugly and cheap... Not that it was expensive to look at in the 1st place la. 

In Thailand and other parts of the world, the G12 came with a factory HU as shown below. 

image.thumb.png.85d43cc8df17e3040591eb1bccd0cc29.png

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Correct lo, they never improve on the HU design and feature?! -_- But can the HU be change?

Just remove it after taking delivery lor. Its just a standard 2DIN HU. Easy to remove. But its a tall order to revert it back to the flat screen LCD panel for you need to change the surrounding bezel as well. 

I believe any aftermarket HU will look better and offer better features and sound quality than this awful Toyota parts bin HU. And aftermarkets one will have Apple CP and Android Auto. 

27 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Launching the new Altis tomorrow

afaf.png

So this is an special invitation? Event on a weekday. 😂

↡ Advertisement