2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

It will be quite difficult to replace as DIY for you need to completely remove the whole 2DIN bezel. And then you need to remove part of the dash where the bezel is attached. Rem there's a a sizable depth for all 2DIN HU have quite a depth for their unit. 

The 'floating screen' thingy is a true thin bezel flat touch screen like u see in Mazda, the various Korean models and Euro cars. There is no provision for HU depth behind it. 

Thanks for making things damn difficult and expensive for your customers BM. 😞 

Don't know don't anyhow bomb lah. Remove the 2 din bezel & replace with an android unit can liao leh, what is there to consider the depth since the android unit is just a screen attached on a 1 din processor. Still way better than POS Malibu is having.

https://www.seicane.com/toyota-corolla-head-unit-hd-touchscreen-radio-gps-navigation-system-support-3g-wifi-steering-wheel-control-vedio-carplay-bluetooth-dvr-h6015f 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

Don't know don't anyhow bomb lah. Remove the 2 din bezel & replace with an android unit can liao leh, what is there to consider the depth since the android unit is just a screen attached on a 1 din processor. Still way better than POS Malibu is having.

https://www.seicane.com/toyota-corolla-head-unit-hd-touchscreen-radio-gps-navigation-system-support-3g-wifi-steering-wheel-control-vedio-carplay-bluetooth-dvr-h6015f 

True. Too bad it could handle all audio formats nicely and everything was done from the factory. Too bad it was powered by WinCE. Lousy Microsoft products 

Bro, I was saying the difficulty to revert back to the original thin panel as seen in the Thai market ones. 

Edited by Cheefarn

20 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

So it can be done?

I can simply remove the given Toyota branded 2DIN Headunit and replace with perhaps a quality Pioneer 2DIN Headunit with larger display and andriod auto functions? 

Would the steering wheel controls and rear view camera still work? 

13 minutes ago, Pratakosong said:

So it can be done?

I can simply remove the given Toyota branded 2DIN Headunit and replace with perhaps a quality Pioneer 2DIN Headunit with larger display and andriod auto functions? 

Would the steering wheel controls and rear view camera still work? 

Why not? It's a standard 2din. It's just that the standard model comes with a big border. 

Wait a while more and I'm pretty sure there will be some 3rd party adapters n android sets that offer the full suite. 

Just not sure what's all the fuss here is all about. This is a mid sized sedan and not a luxury model though. For a better hu, maybe can consider the camry. 

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Hybrid uses the same drivetrain as the OMG Prius sedan. Can u get the Prius at 120k? Note its Prius sedan, not the ancient Prius wagon hor

How ancient is that Prius wagon? I asked you this question before but you didn't reply.

6 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Here's how it looks like in bolehland. Its the same parts bin... Ewwww.... and looks so early 2000s as usual. AA and Apple Carplay too high tech for Toyota buyers in SG la. 

What the Thais and most other 3rd world countries get in their G12 Corolla. Notice the factory Apple Carplay and Android Auto interface... Well... Toyota sells by the badge in SG la..Don't need to give so many things

Early 2000s got touchscreen ah?? 

If the car came with original HU but costs another $2500 or matched the price of Mazda3, would you willingly pay? Or would you say Corolla is overpriced, or BM chop carrot head, or sell by the badge??

You are also implying Toyota buyers are ignoramus and don't know how to use high tech, and are gullible car buyers. 

Is there a need to insult Toyota buyers?

3 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

CHR is so damn small both outside and esp inside. Cannot compare in this manner. 

And CHR styling is looking very tired already due to its huge amount of clashed and mismatched lines. Toyota tried too hard and came up with such clashed design cues. And few would like to be in jail every time they sit in the rear compartment. 

It may be a matter of tastes, but the C-HR looks good to me. The facelifted model that is just released has only minor changes to the front bumper, and its a testimony to the correctness of its original styling. Many buyers in the world also seem to agree - in 2019 its the 32nd best selling car/pick-up in the WORLD (till July) with 200,000 units sold, up from 43rd place in 2018. Surprisingly the Honda H-RV is in 51st position in comparison.

https://focus2move.com/world-best-selling-car/

I would agree that its claustrophobic in the rear seats of the car, but it is not small at all.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 4

14 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

How ancient is that Prius wagon? I asked you this question before but you didn't reply.

There is this thing called Google and you can get whatever info u need from there. Pls do not just sit there and expect pple to feed you with info. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Prius_V

The Toyota Prius v (for versatile[5]), also named Prius α (pronounced as Alpha) in Japan, and Prius+ in Europe and Singapore, is a full hybrid gasoline-electric compact MPV produced by Toyota Motor Corporation introduced in Japan in May 2011, in the U.S. in October 2011, and released in Europe in June 2012.[6][7] The Prius v was unveiled at the January 2011 North American International Auto Show alongside the Prius c Concept, and it is the first Prius variant to be spun off from the Prius platform.[8][9]

Is that ancient enough for you? 

Whatever fancy HU, functions and accessories, give you 3 months, 5 months, you will become immune and the excitement will soon fade away. 

What accompanies you is the handling of the car, fuel consumption, maintainence cost. These will stay with you for the rest of the car ownership journey.

• Praise 8

On 11/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, 13177 said:

This guy really sound so typical jiuhukia. Lol. The high 1.8G spec cost RM$136K So S$45K only! 😱

The HU on this new altis really big and ugly, hopefully they will do something about it during the facelift version later. 

You talk as if their price so cheap? At their side  they earning in RM,  not sgd.  The altis is not cheap at all

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

You talk as if their price so cheap? At their side  they earning in RM,  not sgd.  The altis is not cheap at all

Agreed. Its like we spend SGD$120k on the Altis... well seems like the G12 Altis hybrid BM will be selling cost $120k also...but moving along... :D 

Cost of living in bolehland is anything but cheap if u earn your salary over there, esp if you want to maintain the kind of lifestyle you have in SG. Their currency is junk already. You spend alot of money on poor quality products over there, and that includes gourmet food as well. If you insist on branded stuff and I mean branded B n B brands, be prep to pay even more. 

Their salary scale does not correspond to the exchange rates. Eg, if you earn $6k pm in SG, you cannot expect you will get RM$18000 pm over there for the same job scope you have in SG. Yet, they have to spend more in terms of monetary figures on just about everything. 

Only Perodua and Proton are relatively more affordable to them. But the Proton No Moon, I mean the X70 is anything but cheap either. Proton looked cheap over there only becos you are buying junks anyway. Those cars are worthless. Only the Myvi 1.5 is worth the consideration  

31 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Agreed. Its like we spend SGD$120k on the Altis... well seems like the G12 Altis hybrid BM will be selling cost $120k also...but moving along... :D 

Cost of living in bolehland is anything but cheap if u earn your salary over there, esp if you want to maintain the kind of lifestyle you have in SG. Their currency is junk already. You spend alot of money on poor quality products over there, and that includes gourmet food as well. If you insist on branded stuff and I mean branded B n B brands, be prep to pay even more. 

Their salary scale does not correspond to the exchange rates. Eg, if you earn $6k pm in SG, you cannot expect you will get RM$18000 pm over there for the same job scope you have in SG. Yet, they have to spend more in terms of monetary figures on just about everything. 

Only Perodua and Proton are relatively more affordable to them. But the Proton No Moon, I mean the X70 is anything but cheap either. Proton looked cheap over there only becos you are buying junks anyway. Those cars are worthless. Only the Myvi 1.5 is worth the consideration  

Good analysis.  People here often forget that people in Malaysia are earning in rm.  If that guy 1 day earning in rm,  would he dare make such a statement that altis is cheap? I doubt so.

3 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

There is this thing called Google and you can get whatever info u need from there. Pls do not just sit there and expect pple to feed you with info. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Prius_V

The Toyota Prius v (for versatile[5]), also named Prius α (pronounced as Alpha) in Japan, and Prius+ in Europe and Singapore, is a full hybrid gasoline-electric compact MPV produced by Toyota Motor Corporation introduced in Japan in May 2011, in the U.S. in October 2011, and released in Europe in June 2012.[6][7] The Prius v was unveiled at the January 2011 North American International Auto Show alongside the Prius c Concept, and it is the first Prius variant to be spun off from the Prius platform.[8][9]

Is that ancient enough for you? 

I responded to 3 of your posts containing 3 different matters, but you only replied to one. You just cannot and/or refuse to stand corrected. So many of your posts all over this forum demonstrate this. 

Honestly, I think it is you that need to improve your Googling skills before you shoot your mouth all over the place. 

A typical car model life cycle is 6-7 years, and the Prius+ is 8 years old now - its a little old but how is that called ANCIENT?!? Stop the exaggeration and hyberbole lah! 

The Chevy Orlando, incidentally, is also of 2011 vintage, and so is a Ferrari GT4Lusso which is a facelifted FF. Or RR Ghost of 2009. What would be called ancient would be cars like Land Rover Defender and Mini when they are still on sale 30 years after original launch!

Junk.

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

After insulting Toyota buyers earlier, now you slate our neighbours.

Well done.

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

After insulting Toyota buyers earlier, now you slate our neighbours.

Well done.

If stating the facts= insult, then you better do not respond to anything here already.

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I responded to 3 of your posts containing 3 different matters, but you only replied to one. You just cannot and/or refuse to stand corrected. So many of your posts all over this forum demonstrate this. 

Honestly, I think it is you that need to improve your Googling skills before you shoot your mouth all over the place. 

A typical car model life cycle is 6-7 years, and the Prius+ is 8 years old now - its a little old but how is that called ANCIENT?!? Stop the exaggeration and hyberbole lah! 

The Chevy Orlando, incidentally, is also of 2011 vintage, and so is a Ferrari GT4Lusso which is a facelifted FF. Or RR Ghost of 2009. What would be called ancient would be cars like Land Rover Defender and Mini when they are still on sale 30 years after original launch!

Junk.

1st of all, I am refering to models that are still ON SALE at AD. By that it means you can buy a brand new unit of that old model. You used Orlando as an eg... Can u buy a new Orlando in SG now? GM has dropped it even in Korea. Please check your facts before u reply

2nd, I am under no obligation to answer any or all questions posed by you. As I've said last time, causal readers are free to follow or ignore my views, just like they are free to subscribe or reject your views as well. This is a free forum and everyone is entitled to his views. However attempts to play forum police just becos you cannot stomach the fact that there are better and better informed keyboard warriors than you are.... well then, be prepared to get rebuked... 

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

If stating the facts= insult, then you better do not respond to anything here already.

Toyota buyers are ignoramus and gullible = fact

Malaysian currency is junk, Proton cars are junk, products and gourmet food are of poor quality =  fact.

If these are the kind of nonsensical sweeping statements you make to rile people up, then you should stay away from any forum.

• Haha! 3