2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

15 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Haloegen headlights?! Seriously ? For a near 100k car? Then again... the badge sells by itself... 

Elegance Variant that costs $98K comes with LED headlights.

Classic Variant has Halogen (projector) headlights. $93K if i am not mistaken. 

A lot of 2019 Altis from BM are already running on the roads. Seen a couple over the last few days. 

Edited by Pratakosong
↡ Advertisement

18 minutes ago, tonychuacl said:

77337383_564642077695410_586400976939148

another new altis on the road... 

Does this brown colour looks different from the 11th Gen Corolla's brown? Both the name is 'phantom brown'? The 11th Gen brown does not looks nice, but this one seems ok. Not sure if its the lighting.....

21 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Haloegen headlights?! Seriously ? For a near 100k car? Then again... the badge sells by itself... 

Maybe standard is using haloegen headlights? 

9 minutes ago, Pratakosong said:

Elegance Variant that costs $98K comes with LED headlights.

Classic Variant has Halogen (projector) headlights. $93K if i am not mistaken. 

A lot of 2019 Altis from BM are already running on the roads. Seen a couple over the last few days. 

So those who booked during the closed door pre-launch new altis event, BM already have stock for these group of people to collect their car after coe secured?! BM to create awareness for people before new altis is officially launch? New sales tactic from BM? Lol.

Edited by 13177

24 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Does this brown colour looks different from the 11th Gen Corolla's brown? Both the name is 'phantom brown'? The 11th Gen brown does not looks nice, but this one seems ok. Not sure if its the lighting.....

This brown existed in the previous generation when I purchase my Altis earlier this year.

1 hour ago, Derf8988 said:

This brown existed in the previous generation when I purchase my Altis earlier this year.

I think the brown on the previous altis is slightly darker on the facelift version, similar like this new altis.

Still centrally unlock boot everytime? Are they still using the old smart key system? Have they test the door system with relay hack? Still single door open? Solar film fit nicely? Passenger space reduce ...

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The joke is MYVI uses LED headlights for all variants.

wait till your led headlights decide to fail or go bust after warranty, it gonna cost you at least 1k of repairs when halogen bulbs cost less than $50 for a pair of decent ones. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, ferrytales said:

wait till your led headlights decide to fail or go bust after warranty, it gonna cost you at least 1k of repairs when halogen bulbs cost less than $50 for a pair of decent ones. 

For my previous BMW 520, I changed the bulb every 2 years as it is quite dim.  Especially using projectile headlight.

Let's see whether Toyota quality is worse than Perodua.  Up to now, i haven't heard much of a complain.  Mk3 MYVI started from 2017.

Neutral Newbie
9 hours ago, 13177 said:

So those who booked during the closed door pre-launch new altis event, BM already have stock for these group of people to collect their car after coe secured?! BM to create awareness for people before new altis is officially launch? New sales tactic from BM? Lol.

Heard about 100 units ready for delivery once coe was secured. Closed door pre-launch people probably get the same deal as the event this weekend. Not sure what’s the advantage of being the first batch of buyers. 

7 hours ago, Tally said:

Heard about 100 units ready for delivery once coe was secured. Closed door pre-launch people probably get the same deal as the event this weekend. Not sure what’s the advantage of being the first batch of buyers. 

Being first batch of buyers get to drive the latest car model lo. Many people like to use   things that have just launched in the market la. Like handphone also. 😂

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Heard halogen light has a better throwing distance than LED. And it's cheaper and easier to replace.  

14 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Halogen bulbs are cheap, I  usually  will replace the damaged one only, not in a pair, ten over dollars  per piece from those spare parts shops.

But I believe the LED bulbs of the newer cars should be able to be replaced individually , those car manufacturers cant be so dumb to make their LED lights a whole assembly. But for those headlights integrated with DRL, i guess the whole assembly will have  to be replaced.

Edited by Ct3833

35 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Halogen bulbs are cheap, I  usually  will replace the damaged one only, not in a pair, ten over dollars  per piece from those spare parts shops.

But I believe the LED bulbs of the newer cars should be able to be replaced individually , those car manufacturers cant be so dumb to make their LED lights a whole assembly. But for those headlights integrated with DRL, i guess the whole assembly will have  to be replaced.

Led headlights and led bulbs are 2 different things. Factory led headlights are usually one full assembly and needs to be replaced entirely. 

Why cant car manufacturers do that when it gives them good profit margins such as charging you 1k to replace the whole headlight assembly.