2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

It is inevitable in the era of mobile phone.

Honestly, a 60k MYVI has LED headlight while 100k Altis still stuck with Halogen light.  This is really ridiculous.

I think Borneo is always slow in adapting, and will remove this and that. Just like in Taiwan altis have cruise control long time ago, our local one still lacking till the new FL. Even cars like attrage have cruise control. 

↡ Advertisement

Just now, Dafansu said:

I think Borneo is always slow in adapting, and will remove this and that. Just like in Taiwan altis have cruise control long time ago, our local one still lacking till the new FL. Even cars like attrage have cruise control. 

That's because Toyota sell itself.

If customer stopped buying, BM have to up its game.  Rem HRV/Vezel of Kah Motor

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

It is inevitable in the era of mobile phone.

Honestly, a 60k MYVI has LED headlight while 100k Altis still stuck with Halogen light.  This is really ridiculous.

personally i dun mind at all.

as long as its bright, can shine, the design look nice, the cheaper to maintain the better for me.

change 1 halogen bulb cost me 20 buks at most.

change 1 HID cost me 300 per side (if no warrently, and AD demand he change 1 pair (600 buks ) (orginal HID )

led  light CANNOT EVEN BE REPLACE, need change the whole set, will cost a few k ( but to be frank led light is extremely hard to break down )

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Lazy mah. Now the electronic handbrakes auto activate itself when you put to "P" and auto disengage when put to "D" mode. You dont even have to touch it. At traffic lights there's the auto hold function to temp engage the brakes. The electronic handbrake button is for aesthetics, (bai swee wan) only. You dont even use it. Who still wants to pull a handbrake? 😁

Electronic handbrake how does it work if you need to move off from a steep slope le? Most people get used on the normal handbrake, and know how to control the handbrake and accelerator. Lol.

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

personally i dun mind at all.

as long as its bright, can shine, the design look nice, the cheaper to maintain the better for me.

change 1 halogen bulb cost me 20 buks at most.

change 1 HID cost me 300 per side (if no warrently, and AD demand he change 1 pair (600 buks ) (orginal HID )

led  light CANNOT EVEN BE REPLACE, need change the whole set, will cost a few k ( but to be frank led light is extremely hard to break down )

I change my car dip light which is halogen bulb a few months ago.

The Xenon bulb is the still the original factory 1.

I believe LED light will last the lifetime of the car in Singapore.

In term of brightness, LED no horse run

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That's because Toyota sell itself.

If customer stopped buying, BM have to up its game.  Rem HRV/Vezel of Kah Motor

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Electronic handbrake how does it work if you need to move off from a steep slope le? Most people get used on the normal handbrake, and know how to control the handbrake and accelerator. Lol.

nowadays most cars should have hill start assist, doesn't roll back from slope when moving off. 

• Praise 1

Just now, inlinesix said:

I change my car dip light which is halogen bulb a few months ago.

The Xenon bulb is the still the original factory 1.

I believe LED light will last the lifetime of the car in Singapore.

Ya LED suppose to last life time, i see my friend peug 307 renew coe car. 15 years already , still using the orginal rear led light, only time that fail is wiring.

but if it fail it will cost a bomb to replace. and not to mention own damage, if u accidenly hit and break your led front or back , then gu luck.

HID i feel fail as often as halogen, esp with the damn ballast. even if u go outside ws to replace a oem hid, it will cost u easily 100+ per side,  assuming they willing to sell u 1 only.

the ballast replacement will make another small hole in your pocket.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

How does this feature makes driving along expressway less tiring le?

The Corolla Altis Elegance variant Dynamic Radar Cruise Control uses both the Radar and Camera to track the traffic in front and adjust your car's speed automatically (up to the speed limit that you've set). 

The Steering Assist uses the camera to determine the lane markings and front car position to help automatically adjust the steering wheel and nudge your car back within the lane if you happen to drift out of the lane or get too close to the kerb. 

Both very useful features for reducing fatigue on long highway commutes.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

actually i dun know what wrong with pull hand brake?? 

work perfectly fine what? can do drift somemore. 😁

why so anal must be button handbrake then can brake meh???

aiya. manual is best. who cares whether E handbrake or physical handbrake. i show you no handbrake.. park in 1st can already..

3 hours ago, Spring said:

I thought someone said saw this new model on the road already? If that's the case why need to hide at 4th level? They allowed u test drive?

Hiding is due to homologation not finalised yet. If it is then no need to hide anymore. If confirm saw on the roads then definitely homologation completed for sure.

They will be officially launch in Jan 2020. Those saw on the road are the 100 units they brought in for their loyal customers (by invitation letters only). They managed to sell near 80%, now left with white and silver color with 1k discount. Other color like grey, dark brown and black needed to wait for next shipment in Mar 2020.

The salesman allow me to test drive inside level 4 car service area, can only drive like turtle, how to fully test out?

Edited by tonychuacl
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, tonychuacl said:

They will be officially launch in Jan 2020. Those saw on the road are the 100 units they brought in for their loyal customers (by invitation letters only). They managed to sell near 80%, now left with white and silver color with 1k discount. Other color like grey, dark brown and black needed to wait for next shipment in Mar 2020.

The salesman allow me to test drive inside level 4 car service area, can only drive a turtle, how to fully test out?

OK tks for info but I find it strange they only allow test drive in car service area.

Normally for most ADs, once homologation passed, they allow test drive on the roads. Just that since not officially launched, they don't advertise nor generate publicity but their SEs will definitely start soft launch to clients on their contact list not only regulars. Maybe Borneo behave differently?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Just saw a G12 Altis around Suntec during lunchtime. Got Grab stickers on the door. Base model for the PHV driver switched on the headlights and it was halogen... Tiny 16in wheels looked so lost in the flared fenders... 

Its back to early 2000s again where big cars with tiny wheels=Toyota 

Seems shorter than the current Cerato which was following it behind. 

8 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

BM also sell the hybrid model right? That one should have push button parking brake liao. Have u checked it out?

BM not bringing any hybrid version here as i have already asked the sales guy who attended to me. Strange 🤔 

15 hours ago, tonychuacl said:

BM not bringing any hybrid version here as i have already asked the sales guy who attended to me. Strange 🤔 

But someone here got the price of $115k for it?

17 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Just saw a G12 Altis around Suntec during lunchtime. Got Grab stickers on the door. Base model for the PHV driver switched on the headlights and it was halogen... Tiny 16in wheels looked so lost in the flared fenders... 

Its back to early 2000s again where big cars with tiny wheels=Toyota 

Seems shorter than the current Cerato which was following it behind. 

for fleet and PHV of course it is the cheapest and best deal with everything stripped off. DUH!

Seems like the latest Altis is smaller than the previous gen. Saw a white gen 12 Altis passed me just now near Bukit Panjang. Does it actually quite  looks like the Vios?

↡ Advertisement