2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

Different price for different places la.

Income tax here is progressive and much lower than US, never see anyone say "Only in Singapore tax so low". 

Hawker centre food $4 only, Australia/Europe can be $10-20, nobody say "Only in Singapore food so cheap and wide variety"

• Praise 10

On 12/25/2019 at 10:44 AM, Darkblue said:

Saw 1 on the road liao, selling liao meh ?

saw 1 private hire one last month, just after the preview 

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Saw it on last day of 2019

C070245F-B865-43E2-84F7-92652CD360C4.jpg

People keep mistaking it for the 2019 Camry. IMHO, it definitely looks good on the outside but is it as good on the inside? Only time will tell. LOL 

On 12/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, Alicetankk said:

ME! Traded in my old Altis of almost 10 years and bought one during the closed door sales in mid November. Middle aged driver. So no need for sports mode or e brake. 

Complaints so far:

1) Not enough storage unlike 2010 Altis. Glove compartment and driver's arm rest used to be 2-tiered, now only one. Seems shallower too. No coin and card compartments.

2) Not easy to find a good handphone holder because of the dashboard and aircon vent design. 

3) Wish the head unit comes with Car play but well...automatic bluetooth connection to my spotify is convenient enough.

4) Slightly smaller back seats and shorter car

Things to love as an upgrade from previous model

1) sportier look..haters may disagree

2) Auto headlight, autowipers, start stop, ACC features, 7-speed, quieter ride, auto lowering side mirrors when parking etc. 

Ok la...a car I can drive for more than 5 years definitely.  Though I have always loved the Harrier..but budget only allows me to buy this model. Happy enough to get the car below 6 figures. 

If you are an actual buyer and driver of the elegance model of the 2020 toyota altis [the one below 6 figures]  you will know that “autolowering side mirrors when parking” does not exist in both the elegance and standard version brought in by BM.

Edited by noobcarbuyer

5 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

If you are an actual buyer and driver of the elegance model of the 2020 toyota altis [the one below 6 figures]  you will know that “autolowering side mirrors when parking” does not exist in both the elegance and standard version brought in by BM.

Oh not sure why you doubt that. It does.  Just turn the side mirror adjust knob to left or right instead of centre. And when you reverse, the outside rear view mirrors will automatically angle downwards. Try it. Maybe you don’t know this feature. Elegance model. Not sure standard model has this. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 12/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, flashbang said:

Different price for different places la.

Income tax here is progressive and much lower than US, never see anyone say "Only in Singapore tax so low". 

Hawker centre food $4 only, Australia/Europe can be $10-20, nobody say "Only in Singapore food so cheap and wide variety"

just reminded me of a CNA article of the rise in public transport fares. so many people complain how "high" the cost of living is in SG. but they don't think how much cheaper SG is compared to many people around the world. 

my income tax is 37%, still yet to see my friends back home in SG compare and saying they want to be higher.. 😂

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Seems like one of the unhappy first batch owners has already place his Altis up for sale with a full disclaimer. 🤔

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=878381

LOLOLOL

Is this person for real? 4 weeks old can sell? Not 6 months?
Anyway that's beside the point. Who would buy this altis with all the defects?

And what is absent features? Won't the brochure make it clear what you are buying? Shocking in this day and age. 

7 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

LOLOLOL

And what is absent features? Won't the brochure make it clear what you are buying? Shocking in this day and age. 

Agreed, wonder who will dare to buy over with these defects. 

Owner claims no lane change assist and Sport Mode in this car even though brochure claims otherwise. 

But to be fair, it is surprising to see such defects in a brand new car like this. Did Borneo simply rushed to push these early units without much checks on their end? 

I remembered reading one of user mentioning here or some other Altis thread overhearing an angry new Altis owner shouting at SE in the Borneo Showroom because of lack of Sport Mode or something. Can't help but to think if it is the same guy. 🤔

Edited by Thecarboy302

10 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

LOLOLOL

May not really be selling, but a free way of highlighting all the issues and making bad press for Toyota. Those who saw the ad will spread the word around.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

27 minutes ago, flashbang said:

May not really be selling, but a free way of highlighting all the issues and making bad press for Toyota. Those who saw the ad will spread the word around.

To the majority of sinkies, they will still buy the Altis becos... Its a Toyota, and it never breaks down...

Some less than desirable review on the new Altis in bolehland. 

Remember folks, they got the proper 1.8G yet still no power. We got the even smaller 1.6... how it drives... I no eyes see..

44 minutes ago, 13177 said:

First time i see car advertise telling people the car have defects? Like that who will want to buy? Wonder what is the purpose of the ad? Lol.

Purpose is to bring down the altis 

↡ Advertisement