2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

24 minutes ago, iwonder said:

Was still considering an Altis until reading this thread/the sale posting.

Always be an informed buyer instead of buying becos of the badge and what those coffee shops uncles and aunties tells u to 

• Praise 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:45 PM, Spring said:

Yes, to be launched on Thursday at the Motorshow as this is the instruction Toyota Asia has passed down to AD Borneo Motors. Hence no test drive till after launch but ironically, 1-2 batches of Altis already on the road!

Sometimes silly rules and directions from the top has no medicine to cure it. 

Just hope into one G12 Altis PHV and u can see, feel, hear etc all you want... Is that round the block test drive that big a deal when they themselves pichar their own lobang for so many weeks ?

As if the Altis is some highly desirable limited edition supercar that the general public is waiting for.....

On 1/6/2020 at 5:08 PM, 13177 said:

Should be a die hard toyota fan and trusted toyota. I have colleague decade ago when buy altis, he did not test drive the car at all and just signed. Then i asked him why never test drive, he said toyota car can be trusted no need test drive de. Lol.

Made in Thailand altis cannot trust.  Must at least see the car first 

If I bought a car without the features as specified in the brochure, I will be dead pissed too. But in sg, nothing can be done apart from lodging a complaint with case. 

2 hours ago, iwonder said:

Was still considering an Altis until reading this thread/the sale posting.

Go test drive n See whether u like the driving experience n the exterior n interior lo.

And make sure to ask for evidences if anyone wants to claim anything positive or negative abt this car 

Supercharged
On 1/5/2020 at 11:57 PM, Thecarboy302 said:

Seems like one of the unhappy first batch owners has already place his Altis up for sale with a full disclaimer. 🤔

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=878381

It is not an ad to sell the car. Owner spend the 50 sgcarmart fee to complain about his car

what i am curious... How did he find out the steering column rust.... It is not a place that 99999 out of 100000 drivers will ever go and peer

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

It is not an ad to sell the car. Owner spend the 50 sgcarmart fee to complain about his car

what i am curious... How did he find out the steering column rust.... It is not a place that 99999 out of 100000 drivers will ever go and peer

He already explained , Read the description

On 1/6/2020 at 4:42 PM, ferrytales said:

guess the seller can only blame himself for buying the new altis without even seeing the physical product.

or maybe he/she is a die hard toyota fan too. 

In all fairness to the seller, by seeing the physical product does not guarantee him  from not getting a rusty steering column and bad wind screen

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

On 1/6/2020 at 12:56 PM, 13177 said:

Like that think the owner might not able to sell off the car liao. Even got people want to buy also cut the price a lot. I dont think it would make a press for toyota since no matter which make/model, sure to have some issues happened and also sure to have some disgruntled customers de. The car brand would not get affected much and still can sell as usual.

With the way he intentionally declared the defects , he should know that he would not be able to sell his car unless he suffers a big cut, it looks more like he is so TL that he just wanted BM and Altis to be in the bad light.  😄😄😄

Frankly that is a cheap but effective way to  achieve his intention, now that every new Altis buyer will check wind screen and steering column when collecting their car. But whether if there is impact to BM sales is yet to be seen, i doubt any.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

5 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Made in Thailand altis cannot trust.  Must at least see the car first 

Is there any truth in this? Honest question.

Have heard this thrown around for years. The previous gen Mazda 3 is made in Japan but there has been issues with suspension noises and faulty autofold side mirrors. Now even the the latest gen Mazda 3 has a recall due to the faulty Smart Braking System.

Personally, would take a Mazda 3 over a Altis any day. But it's not due to MIT vs MIJ. 

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Why not contact the guy? LOLOLOL offer the asking price and see if he's willing to sell.

Supercharged
57 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

He already explained , Read the description

You have reading problems.... you are the one who needs to read again.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Why not contact the guy? LOLOLOL offer the asking price and see if he's willing to sell.

Offer at asking price ? He will sell quick quick and quick quick buy another car😄😄

Edited by Ct3833