2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

7 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

I took a seat behind the display car at the motorshow, it seems very compact compared to current previous gen altis. The side of the head may hit the roof anytime, leg room is tight and width seems much more compact and of course the HU is a turn-off. Anyone got the same feel. 

I was at the motorshow just now but it’s so crowded. Didn’t want to even wait for a chance to sit inside.

exterior is nice la. Interior abit of a letdown with the infotainment screen having such thick borders.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

I took a seat behind the display car at the motorshow, it seems very compact compared to current previous gen altis. The side of the head may hit the roof anytime, leg room is tight and width seems much more compact and of course the HU is a turn-off. Anyone got the same feel. 

Thought all the years altis is always quite comfortable and roomy. Looks like the new altis is going backward?

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I was at the motorshow just now but it’s so crowded. Didn’t want to even wait for a chance to sit inside.

exterior is nice la. Interior abit of a letdown with the infotainment screen having such thick borders.

Looks like toyota has to do something on the HU when they facelift this new altis later.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Thought all the years altis is always quite comfortable and roomy. Looks like the new altis is going backward?

Don't feel roomy with this, much more compact, I think partly because the front seats  also of considerable size.

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Notice some others make/model also dont have foglights. Thinking it is important for this in sg? Lol. G12 altis leather seats are locally fitted? How about previous G11 altis? Also locally fitted?

Altis haters are nitpicking on the minor stuff. 

4 hours ago, Dafansu said:

Don't feel roomy with this, much more compact, I think partly because the front seats  also of considerable size.

The better rear suspension eats up the space. This generation is double wishbone, previous was torsion beam. Mazda 3 did the reverse. LOL.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

The better rear suspension eats up the space. This generation is double wishbone, previous was torsion beam. Mazda 3 did the reverse. LOL.

Yes the double wishbone rear suspension for the Altis gives better handling but at the expense of rear legroom.

Mazda 3 went with torsion beam but rear leg room did not improve by much. Boot space is enormous though.  

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

To a typical Toyota buyer,  they will not care or know whats Carplay or Android Auto la. 

Just look for Toyota badge will do. Best reliability and excellent resale value

Anyway the cabin is indeed smaller than the G11 Altis. Rear legroom is really little if you have a tall driver >1.8m at the front. 

Boot opening is comically small and the boot lid felt flimsy and light when in operation. Bootlid cannot even auto pop open when released. No you don't need structs to do that, a proper spring loaded lever can do the same job as well. 

Or would u prefer the Malaysia market HU? LOL

image.png

Malaysia has the same HU as ours. 

15 hours ago, 13177 said:

Notice some others make/model also dont have foglights. Thinking it is important for this in sg? Lol. G12 altis leather seats are locally fitted? How about previous G11 altis? Also locally fitted?

It is easy to spot locally fitted leather. 1st its not real leather. When u rub on the surfaces, it does not give out any leather smell. This one shd be common sense ba. Your home leather sofa doesn't behave like that right?

2nd, the stitching. The seams and stitch doesn't look buttoned down and fully conform to the contours of the seats. When u use your fingers to lightly pat on the say, vertical surfaces of the seats, you can see ripples forming from your pat pat area.

You then go do the same thing to say, the leather seats of Mazda 3 Astina, CX30, CX5, or the higher end Korean makes, and u can see and feel the difference yourself. 

9 hours ago, Pratakosong said:

Yes the double wishbone rear suspension for the Altis gives better handling but at the expense of rear legroom.

Mazda 3 went with torsion beam but rear leg room did not improve by much. Boot space is enormous though.  

i still will take altis over mazda 3 any time. dun like mazda 3 at all, 😁

9 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

But mazda 3 also not roomy as the altis. Lol.

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

i still will take altis over mazda 3 any time. dun like mazda 3 at all, 😁

Why dont like mazda 3? Interior mazda 3 looks nicer than altis i think. Even though i have not see the actual new altis interior yet. [:p]

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Why dont like mazda 3? Interior mazda 3 looks nicer than altis i think. Even though i have not see the actual new altis interior yet. [:p]

thats why i say like and dun like is very personal. 😁

• Haha! 2

On 1/6/2020 at 12:29 PM, flashbang said:

Power? Nobody buys an Altis for power. 1.6 + CVT = boring drive

U nailed it! People who buys the altis is mainly for a reliable "tool" car that is reasonably affordably. 

On 1/6/2020 at 5:08 PM, 13177 said:

Should be a die hard toyota fan and trusted toyota. I have colleague decade ago when buy altis, he did not test drive the car at all and just signed. Then i asked him why never test drive, he said toyota car can be trusted no need test drive de. Lol.

My dad did that like way back in the 90s when a corolla easily 100K. 

He does not care about how a car drives, he does not care about the performance of a car, he does not care about how the car really looks (he's seen the brochure).

All he cares about is:

1) Made in Japan 

2) Reliable

3) Got resale value

4) Big enough for the family 

On 1/8/2020 at 4:46 PM, Cheefarn said:

Sometimes silly rules and directions from the top has no medicine to cure it. 

Just hope into one G12 Altis PHV and u can see, feel, hear etc all you want... Is that round the block test drive that big a deal when they themselves pichar their own lobang for so many weeks ?

As if the Altis is some highly desirable limited edition supercar that the general public is waiting for.....

Actually, it is... for many uncles out there who don't come to MCF 😁

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Haven't seen it in real life, but from the pictures, it seems like the screen is comically out of proportion from the rest of the dashboard.

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

thats why i say like and dun like is very personal. 😁

Agreed la. Lol. Like people say i dont like your face but no need to give a reason for that lo. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2