2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

11 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

LOLLLLLLL Of course 1.8 litre 1ZZ-FE will be better than the current 1.6 litre leh

compare fairly la hahahahhaa

You should be comparing to 3ZZ-FE, which should have come with the 1.6 corollas (unless you had one of the few 1.8 Altis)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine

One of his typical OMFG nonsense post. Want to speak with SMLJ authority but spout half-truths and POS rubbish. 

Edited by Toeknee_33
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

One of his typical OMFG nonsense post. Want to speak with SMLJ authority but spout half-truths and POS rubbish. 

No personal attack. That's what the mod warn me. And you can get away with it?

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

No personal attack. That's what the mod warn me. And you can get away with it?

The mods will focus on you because they don't need your policing at here. They have so far done a good job.

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

LOLLLLLLL Of course 1.8 litre 1ZZ-FE will be better than the current 1.6 litre leh

compare fairly la hahahahhaa

You should be comparing to 3ZZ-FE, which should have come with the 1.6 corollas (unless you had one of the few 1.8 Altis)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine

I had both 3ZZ-FE and 1ZZ-FE... sigh... u guys really assumed too much.... 

And yes I got the 1st batch of G9 Altis 1.8 in SG. Bought it without test drive... 

Upgraded to 1.8 only becos the then 1.6E fit n finish was noticeably worse than my Hipporolla, and then no point changing to another same car again. 

Anyway I got the 5MT Hipporolla, something youngsters these days cannot even handle due to their Class 3A licence. But to those who could and value real driving experience, you will find today's G12 CVT is just a total waste of time. 

25 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

And yes I got the 1st batch of G9 Altis 1.8 in SG. Bought it without test drive... 

Upgraded to 1.8 only becos the then 1.6E fit n finish was noticeably worse than my Hipporolla, and then no point changing to another same car again. 

Anyway I got the 5MT Hipporolla, something youngsters these days cannot even handle due to their Class 3A licence. But to those who could and value real driving experience, you will find today's G12 CVT is just a total waste of time. 

I beg to differ.  Nowadays CVT are getting very good, and I am driving one on a Subaru (partially owned by Toyota).  You have been saying CVTs are terrible, but fails to learn that CVTs are already a mature and tested transmission.  It is not good keep harping on how bad CVTs are, just to prove your point about how all cars should not use CVT and it is bound for failure, which turns out to be wrong all the while.  

If you watch youtube reviews on the latest Toyota Altis, most if not all reviews actually says it surmounts all other B&B cars, except the engine which does not live up to the excellence of the car.  Never was it mentioned that the CVT is lousy.  

And is the part on " I got the 5MT.., something youngsters cannot even handle.." even necessary ?  You should try to have some humility in your postings.  This is what is irking, just saying.  No offence. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 5

37 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

I have driven my 1st car Nissan Sunny for 5 years. Later, I switched to Toyota Picnic for 9.5 years. Then, I switched to Toyota Corolla Altis for 4.5 years. Now, I am driving 1.4 months Kia SX Cerato.

All these cars never give me any issue.

I value my efforts that I could afford my cars. And I value my cars. Whereby, I could send or pickup my loved ones from school or office.

Edited by Twich
  • Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

I beg to differ.  Nowadays CVT are getting very good, and I am driving one on a Subaru (partially owned by Toyota).  You have been saying CVTs are terrible, but fails to learn that CVTs are already a mature and tested transmission.  It is not good keep harping on how bad CVTs are, just to prove your point about how all cars should not use CVT and it is bound for failure, which turns out to be wrong all the while.  

And is the part on " I got the 5MT.., something youngsters cannot even handle.." even necessary ?  You should try to have some humility in your postings.  This is what is irking, just saying.  No offence.  Btw, I have known you since before MCF. 

If CVT is that good, then why wasn't it used in large SUVs or pickups where heavy towing is required? Why don't we see CVT in exotic cars or high powered vehicles? Even Toyota itself doesnt do CVT in their reg gasoline powered Lexus. 

Whatever la, now I know MCF posts needs to follow the what the majority wants to read. Any polarizing opposing views are immediately ridiculed upon. 

And well I do not remember who you are so it doesn't matter. 🙂    

2 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

If CVT is that good, then why wasn't it used in large SUVs or pickups where heavy towing is required? Why don't we see CVT in exotic cars or high powered vehicles? Even Toyota itself doesnt do CVT in their reg gasoline powered Lexus. 

Whatever la, now I know MCF posts needs to follow the what the majority wants to read. Any polarizing opposing views are immediately ridiculed upon. 

And well I do not remember who you are so it doesn't matter. 🙂    

CF, somebody of your mind and experience, surely can understand that, it doesn't mean if CVT is good, it should then be used in all types of cars, right ?  Surely you know better, there is no one size fits all.  When I knew you way before MCF, you were condemning CVT and it is doomed to fail.  If it indeed turns out to be so, the Japanese wouldn't be making and selling them to be the top car makers liao.   I feel it is just you are too arrogant and fixated.

Actually it is not that all are against your views, it is just the way you are condemning everything that is different from your belief, and how you make the ADs and car maker like Toyota sound so stupid, while you are above them all.

• Praise 5

14 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

CF, somebody of your mind and experience, surely can understand that, it doesn't mean if CVT is good, it should then be used in all types of cars, right ?  Surely you know better, there is no one size fits all.  When I knew you way before MCF, you were condemning CVT and it is doomed to fail.  If it indeed turns out to be so, the Japanese wouldn't be making and selling them to be the top car makers liao.   I feel it is just you are too arrogant and fixated.

Actually it is not that all are against your views, it is just the way you are condemning everything that is different from your belief, and how you make the ADs and car maker like Toyota sound so stupid, while you are above them all.

You couldn't have said it better! Arrogant, fixated and lack of humility are the key traits that is irking people here.

Maybe we should set up a poll and ask what MCF-ers think of him. LOL! 

• Praise 2

33 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

🙂

Don't embarrass yourself again. Check what transmission does the Lexus UX200 use. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

44 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

Aiya, forget it lah. It's not easy to change the mindset of others.

I too do not favour the cvt until I am driving one now. LoL... The RAV4 I'm driving now is a "hybrid" cvt. The first gear is a real gear pinion while the rest of the 9 gears are virutal or belt drive. This actually eliminates the sluggishness when moving off from a standstill, this is what ppl dont like in a regular cvt gb.

I agree with you. Technology do not stay as they are but actually move forward. Things do continuously improve.

As for Cheefarn, like many things CVTs have their limits. Most of the time is torque. I believe gb are chosen to be used according to the torque figures.

Lexus and other luxury makes do use CVTs but in their hybrid cars/suvs for fuel economy reasons. Engines running on Atkinson cycle the torque figures are low.

For other SUVs which is 4 wheel driven so far only planetary autos are suitable when mated to the 4 wheel drive transmission.

I dont usually get fixated on engine and gb all the time. Ultimately you must learn to enjoy what you drive. The car will never be perfect. Ppl also buy according to what they like to see in a car. It's a matter of weighing the pros and cons. It doesn't mean one thing you dont like it will get ruin for others. Other ppl got their own personal preference. You have to respect that.

Just like why I dont choose the 2.0L turbo Harrier over the RAV4. Power isn't everything. I also dont like the fact BM repackage an old car with power and sell it at a premium. This kinda power dont win you trophies. I go for lower fuel economy over power. Can save money. LoL...

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 5

5 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Those who value real driving experience will buy a Malubu :grin: 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Ingenius said:

I’d like to give you 888 likes for this post! 👍👍👍

• Praise 3

51 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Those who value real driving experience will buy a Malubu :grin: 

I think someone is infected with the Novel Corollavirus (2019-NCORV)

Symptoms include (and are not limited to):

1. The incessant need to diss the corolla and its CVT transmission

2. The inability to correctly identify the correct engines in cars (eg Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes)

3. The tendency to create imaginary engine combinations for cars (eg 1.5 3 cylinder mercedes or smth similar)

4. The lack of ability to understand why a 1.6l engine is necessary in some SE asian markets SG

5. The delusion that korean made american branded cars are reliable and superior to everything else

I think this one need 14 day quarantine from MCF and should be locked inside 33 Leng Kee road quarantine facility hahahahaha (without the $100 allowance🤣)

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 9

18 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

I think someone is affected by the Novel Corollavirus (2019-NCORV)

Symptoms include (and are not limited to):

1. The incessant need to diss the corolla and its CVT transmission

2. The inability to correctly identify the correct engines in cars (eg Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes)

3. The tendency to create imaginary engine combinations for cars (eg 1.5 3 cylinder mercedes or smth similar)

4. The lack of ability to understand why a 1.6l engine is necessary in some SE asian markets SG

5. The delusion that korean made american branded cars are reliable and superior to everything else

I think this one need 14 day quarantine from MCF and should be locked inside 33 Leng Kee road quarantine facility hahahahaha (without the $100 allowance🤣)

6. If chicken rice is so good, why isn’t everyone eating chicken rice?

adapted from “

If CVT is that good, then why wasn't it used in large SUVs or pickups where heavy towing is required? Why don't we see CVT in exotic cars or high powered vehicles?”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3