2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

I wonder where all the weight went to?

Stronger structure to enhance safety?

I recall there's a Jan 2020 white Altis where the owner placed a very eye catching ad stating all the defects. The car was eventually sold to the next lucky owner. It's been removed from sgcarmart and is not even in the 'sold' folder. 

Partly the rear suspension. 

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Well, the much lighter weight of the Altis should negate the benefits that the start stop tech has for the Mazda 3?

So their fuel consumption should be almost the same both in test environments and also real world driving? 

Altis should be still port injection where as Mazda should direct injection.
The new Altis seems to have a different CVT which is "less aggressive"  which may explain the slower 0-100km/h numbers.   

1 minute ago, Colin03 said:

so fast another seller on the market.

Hope is not due to the current market situation

If you want a 12 Gen Altis quick, this is the only option available for the next few weeks. 

All the car showrooms are closed. 

On 4/8/2020 at 11:33 AM, wongpumpkins said:

not much different with new then i rather buy new..;) but i wonder new car less than 6 months can put for sale 

Most probably accident car

On 4/8/2020 at 11:33 AM, wongpumpkins said:

not much different with new then i rather buy new..;) but i wonder new car less than 6 months can put for sale 

This is the second 12 Gen Altis to pop up in the resale market after being launched in Dec 2019. 

Both being sold less than 4 months after being bought.

Wonder why too. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, since we are talking about toyota cars, can i check around. If i compare a new tom yum toyota altis and a sashimi toyota allion, which car will you guys prefer?

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Ah_sheng said:

Hi guys, since we are talking about toyota cars, can i check around. If i compare a new tom yum toyota altis and a sashimi toyota allion, which car will you guys prefer?

Since you're keen on sashimi, might as well get the JDM Corolla. Never like the Axio/Allion - ah pek design.

12 hours ago, Ah_sheng said:

How to compare an early 2000 design (which makes the Allion/Premio a 20 yr old car this year) with the current TNGA G12  Corolla platform? Not that the new Altis is that fantastic, it is actually out of its league even on launch day as compared to the current competition, but when u make the comparison,  in which aspect are u looking at?

Allion/Premio were very cheaply built and its just a stretched G9 Hipporolla chassis. Structural integrity will never be able to compare with modern counterparts.  

Safety wise, Allion/Premio will be quite dangerous by today's standard. You are pitting a 20 yr old design against modern international safety requirements. 

And the big question mark is that u are comparing a well worn 20 yr old Allion with a brand new car... I'm really not sure what are u looking for in your question?

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

How to compare an early 2000 design (which makes the Allion/Premio a 20 yr old car this year) with the current TNGA G12  Corolla platform? Not that the new Altis is that fantastic, it is actually out of its league even on launch day as compared to the current competition, but when u make the comparison,  in which aspect are u looking at?

Allion/Premio were very cheaply built and its just a stretched G9 Hipporolla chassis. Structural integrity will never be able to compare with modern counterparts.  

Safety wise, Allion/Premio will be quite dangerous by today's standard. You are pitting a 20 yr old design against modern international safety requirements. 

And the big question mark is that u are comparing a well worn 20 yr old Allion with a brand new car... I'm really not sure what are u looking for in your question?

20 year old?

It is at most a 13 year old design.

But anyway, the Corolla is preferred, but if I have extra money to cough out, another 10k for a Camry Hybrid would be a good idea.Though PI can be a problem, I wouldnt strike it off my list.

1 hour ago, Brass said:

20 year old?

It is at most a 13 year old design.

But anyway, the Corolla is preferred, but if I have extra money to cough out, another 10k for a Camry Hybrid would be a good idea.Though PI can be a problem, I wouldnt strike it off my list.

The current Allion/Premio COE cars that u see on the roads are actually FL x3 or something. The cars were released ard the same time as the G9 Hipporolla back in end 2000 as a 2001 model  But mech they are still the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Premio

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

The current Allion/Premio COE cars that u see on the roads are actually FL x3 or something. The cars were released ard the same time as the G9 Hipporolla back in end 2000 as a 2001 model  But mech they are still the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Premio

Please lah, Mr. Yip, dun know dun act know lah. T260 is launched in year 2007 which is only 13 year old model, where got 20 year old? Launched in year 2000 is T240 lah.

Know how to attach link but dun know how to read & calculate? English comprehension & maths fail?

Edited by Sugimoto
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5