2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

On 8/16/2020 at 10:37 AM, Saxist said:

Anyone just bought the new Altis during the NDP promo?

Does it matter?

Try looking around for other promos. 

Heard the Mazda 3 Elegance list price of $96k is rather attractive as compared to Altis Elegance list price of  $101k!

$5k goes a long way in this recession! Like 2 year's worth of petrol! Lol.

45 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Does it matter?

Try looking around for other promos. 

Heard the Mazda 3 Elegance list price of $96k is rather attractive as compared to Altis Elegance list price of  $101k!

$5k goes a long way in this recession! Like 2 year's worth of petrol! Lol.

Oh my goodness, that price seems that we are almost back in 2017, where I bought my car for 90+k, though COE is at least 6k lower than 2017 prices...

If you really want to talk about recession issues, there are quite a few used cars from 2017 or 2018 out for grabs below 7k depre a year.

Those can be good buys based on value proposition, if you dont really need a new car, and can accept the brands available.

The new Altis looks great though.

3 hours ago, ismailmiller said:

Can consider buying PI Altis Hybrid instead. More or less same price plus can negotiate longer warranty period 

No more Altis la.

PI mostly Corollasports

On 8/20/2020 at 7:17 AM, ismailmiller said:

Can consider buying PI Altis Hybrid instead. More or less same price plus can negotiate longer warranty period 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/overview.php?CarCode=12698

PI don't sell the Altis version.

PI are selling JDM Made in Japan Corolla Hybrid for roughly the same price as a Made in Thailand AD Corolla Altis Elegance (non-hybrid). 

2 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

https://m.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/overview.php?CarCode=12698

PI don't sell the Altis version.

PI are selling JDM Made in Japan Corolla Hybrid for roughly the same price as a Made in Thailand AD Corolla Altis Elegance (non-hybrid). 

I believe PI models are Japan-made Australian spec cars? Exterior dimensions seem to be the same as Altis, I recall JDM Corolla having smaller dimensions overall in order to qualify for some tax rebate.

1 hour ago, Thecarboy302 said:

I believe PI models are Japan-made Australian spec cars? Exterior dimensions seem to be the same as Altis, I recall JDM Corolla having smaller dimensions overall in order to qualify for some tax rebate.

Ah yes my mistake. 

The PI Corollas sold in S'pore are  Australian spec but Japan made. 

8 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Ah yes my mistake. 

The PI Corollas sold in S'pore are  Australian spec but Japan made. 

To be exact, Corolla from Australia includes Corolla Hatch and Corolla Sedan.

Corolla Sedan looks like USA/China (Levin) version.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Japan Corolla - 4495, 1745, 1435 (LxWxH)

Rest of the world - 4630, 1780, 1435 (LxWxH)

Maybe Australia import it's Corolla from UK factory?? And I don't fully trust PI's spec sheet. The Civic Type-R hatchback FK2 (previous version) they put made in Japan but actually is made in Swindon, UK.

47 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Japan Corolla - 4495, 1745, 1435 (LxWxH)

Rest of the world - 4630, 1780, 1435 (LxWxH)

Maybe Australia import it's Corolla from UK factory?? And I don't fully trust PI's spec sheet. The Civic Type-R hatchback FK2 (previous version) they put made in Japan but actually is made in Swindon, UK.

And the PI brought in very low spec versions. Look at the simple lightbulbs taillights, Vios like instrument gauge. At least BM offers a semi digital guage setup and it is very nicely lit up

The only adv the PI Corolla have over BM's is that they came with factory fitted HU. BM ones are totally ugly POS locally fitted 2DIN unit that sticks out like a sore thumb. It can't even do ACP nor AA. 

Its a good thing there are aftermarket solutions in SG that can restore the HU setup back to factory look. 

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

And the PI brought in very low spec versions. Look at the simple lightbulbs taillights, Vios like instrument gauge. At least BM offers a semi digital guage setup and it is very nicely lit up

The only adv the PI Corolla have over BM's is that they came with factory fitted HU. BM ones are totally ugly POS locally fitted 2DIN unit that sticks out like a sore thumb. It can't even do ACP nor AA. 

Its a good thing there are aftermarket solutions in SG that can restore the HU setup back to factory look. 

Come on lah, turtle don't laugh at tortoise lah. It spelled as gauge, not guage.

Your malibu GAUGE is also POS here without any color LCD screen, why you never complain it here?

chevrolet-malibu-meters-750x469.jpg

• Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

To be fair, the PI brought in the Japan Made Corolla with 1.8L hybrid engine, full suite of Toyota safety sense, 8 inch factory fitted touchscreen HU display and electronic parking brakes etc. 

For similar pricing at Borneo, you get the Thai made Corolla Altis Elegance with 1.6L NA engine, manual parking brake, limited Toyota safety sense (without the full speed active cruise control and without lane trace assist) and a locally fitted 7 inch head unit (without Android auto / apple car play). 

Edited by noobcarbuyer

24 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

Come on lah, turtle don't laugh at tortoise lah. It spelled as gauge, not guage.

Your malibu GAUGE is also POS here without any color LCD screen, why you never complain it here?

Only idiots like you would pick on typos and tried to compare a 2013 design with today's design. The Corolla is a modern day design and we are talking about the low spec models from PI vs high specs model from BM. And the difficulty in comparing them head on for the 2 models looked quite different despite having the same nameplate. 

And you obviously have no idea the difference between retro theme and modern high tech theme. GM design back then was to pay homage to the 1968-1970 Camaro and Corvette dash design. It was never meant to be high tech looking by any measure. Forcing it to go full digital makes little sense for the small binnacle will limit what the digital screen can do. 

And pls check your facts first before u said I've got no colored LCD screen. You just took a base LS model cluster and claim that the entire range has no colored LCD screen...  

• Dislike 4

22 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

To be fair, the PI brought in the Japan Made Corolla with 1.8L hybrid engine, full suite of Toyota safety sense, 8 inch factory fitted touchscreen HU display and electronic parking brakes etc. 

For similar pricing at Borneo, you get the Thai made Corolla Altis Elegance with 1.6L NA engine, manual parking brake, limited Toyota safety sense (without the full speed active cruise control and without lane trace assist) and a locally fitted 7 inch head unit (without Android auto / apple car play). 

Well BM Altis hybrid has push button parking brake FYI. 

21 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Well BM Altis hybrid has push button parking brake FYI. 

If we are comparing apples to apples.

The Borneo 1.8L Corolla Altis hybrid is 15k SGD more expensive than the PI 1.8L Corolla hybrid. 

The PI 1.8L Corolla hybrid is almost the same price as the Borneo 1.6L Corolla Altis Elegance non-hybrid. 

Which makes the PI option a far better value if you don't mind buying from a PI. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3