2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

BM profit margins are high hence need to cut down specs to hit their targets. But don't blame them. They can only do this if people keep buying from them. 

BM margin high or not is unknown.

All we can see is TMAP margin.

↡ Advertisement

BM margin high or not is unknown.

All we can see is TMAP margin.

Just compare the prices of Toyotas in Malaysia/Australia/Thailand with Mazdas in those countries then you will know whose margin is high.

Edited by EdwinLee_146267

https://www.facebook.com/1768806500034189/posts/2118245428423626/

This pi brought in the top spec corolla hatch hybrid liao. This is the UK or Aussie market model, hence u get a 220kmh speedometer and all english cluster readout. And a superbly nice factory touch-screen display as shown. And those 18in factory fitted wheels.

Use this as a ref when BM do launch their g12 Corolla. And be disgusted by the sheer number of deleted equipment and the high price. And an old 6 yr old weak 1.6L vs this hatch 1.8L hybrid as shared by the current prius

Looks nice, but more interested in the sedan version, any idea when is it available? Hope PI bring them in
  • Praise 1

Reminds me of McDonalds. Localise their products to appeal to local buyers. Remember rendang burger and now ... salted egg fries  [:)]

That's how many companies gain market shares in the local markets they serve.

Reminds me of McDonalds. Localise their products to appeal to local buyers. Remember rendang burger and now ... salted egg fries  [:)]

By that you mean too late to the party and not in good quality?

• Praise 1

By that you mean too late to the party and not in good quality?

No. In fact, it works better and help increase sales as their products are customised to suit local conditions and requirements. For eg,  BMW door handles are not customised to suit local conditions, hence the reputation for "sticky door handle". Same thing for the famous engine oil leak after 6-7 years under the SG heat. I have never heard such things happening in a Toyota.

No. In fact, it works better and help increase sales as their products are customised to suit local conditions and requirements. For eg, BMW door handles are not customised to suit local conditions, hence the reputation for "sticky door handle". Same thing for the famous engine oil leak after 6-7 years under the SG heat. I have never heard such things happening in a Toyota.

Every make have their own issues, big or small. The previous generation of Lexus IS and LS have melting dashboard problems as well.
  • Praise 1

I can believe that some cars are tropicalised with larger cooling systems, more vents, engine tune etc. But I don't believe that they would have different materials for dashboards and door handles for different markets.

I can believe that some cars are tropicalised with larger cooling systems, more vents, engine tune etc. But I don't believe that they would have different materials for dashboards and door handles for different markets.

BMW air cond can be coded to be EU or Tropical. I believe Merc also can,

No. In fact, it works better and help increase sales as their products are customised to suit local conditions and requirements. For eg, BMW door handles are not customised to suit local conditions, hence the reputation for "sticky door handle". Same thing for the famous engine oil leak after 6-7 years under the SG heat. I have never heard such things happening in a Toyota.

Aust is hotter than Sg.

Aust market is bigger than Sg.

Does BMW localized for Aust?

Maybe you buy Msia SKD BMW/Merc/Audi. Confirmed localised

Saw something interesting from Reddit that applies to Toyotas and Lexuses since they share the same factory production system:

"The biggest example I can think of is that every Toyota vehicle is built 100% correctly from start to finish. As an example, if you're a Toyota line assembly worker and you discover a mistake that was made earlier in the assembly process, you hit a button on your station and it brings the entire assembly line to a halt. A special team of workers responds to your location and they attempt to fix whatever the mistake may have been. If they can fix it on the spot, great, the line is restarted and the car continues to be assembled to be sold. If they cannot fix it right there, the entire car assembly is taken off the line by a giant robot and moved to another area for analysis on "why/how" the mistake was made so its root cause can be fixed so that going forward no car they build ever has that problem again. They then rebuild what was supposed to be that car completely and correctly. It is awe inspiring.

GM on the other hand, same scenario, you're a line assembly worker and find a mistake from before your station. The proper action with GM is to simply hang a paper tag on the mistake section and continue your work. Then when the car gets to the end of the line, a special team is there to inspect the car and fix any tags on the car. But the thing is, the car could have twenty separate little tags on it and every car built that day could have the same problem and therefore tag that needs fixed. So a top of the line Corvette ZR1 could be built with tons of errors but a Camry will be built with none.

TL;DR: GM builds broken cars that need to be fixed before they can be sold. Toyota builds as close to perfect cars, the first time."

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.c...hi_genbutsu_in/

Factory tour: http://www.thedrive....-in-toyota-city

Falling asleep just looking at the interior.

Obviously designed to keep costs low.

TLDR:
Powertrains: US carries over the 1.8l with 139hp now, 2.0l dynamic force with 169hp available like the hatch. US hybrid variant TBA, Europe/China gets the 1.8l hybrid found in the Prius, carries over the 132hp 1.6l with improvements. No word on the 2.0l higher output hybrid variant. USA gets 6spd rev-matching manual or dynamic force CVT with launch gear like the hatch .

Chassis: Also TNGA like the hatch, shares same extended 2700m wheelbase as outgoing sedan and current wagon aka Touring in Europe.

Tech: Apple Carplay and Amazon Alexa available, no word on Android Auto yet. Toyota Safety Sense 2.0. Some China variants get rear air-conditioning, TBA for other markets.

Sport/Prestige: See videos below. China has both, EU Prestige only, TBA other markets. The Sport will likely be the base look in USA, with XSE taking a more aggressive look (see imgur link below).

SG Predictions: Unclear whether SG will get Sport or Prestige. I'm guessing Prestige as we got the same sedan look as Europe last gen. We should likely get the current 1.6l or the improved EU one. Not sure if 1.2 turbo or 1.8/2.0 hybrid will appear here. Not sure also if Toyota will bring in the hatch or just the sedan. Given Thailand took a full year to launch the SEA market Camry, I expect PIs to bring the sedan before Borneo does, like the Camry (I learnt my lesson with my Camry post, so now I've titled it 2019/2020. Fingers crossed for the rear aircon too.

More info:
Sporty Video:
Prestige Video (featuring rear aircon vents):
Sport vs Prestige vs USA XSE: https://imgur.com/a/GOsx7zX

Europe Lineup:

China Levin/Sport Comparison:

Interior

Prestige:

Sport:

2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid Is The New Prius

https://carbuzz.com/news/2020-toyota-corolla-hybrid-is-the-new-prius

544469.jpg

Its fuel economy figures are that good.

For years, the Toyota Prius hybrid (and now optional plug-in hybrid) has been the go-to vehicle for solid fuel economy without the range anxiety associated with pure electric vehicles. However, there’s a new kid on the block that may somewhat push the Prius aside and, ironically enough, it’s also a Toyota. According to recently published EPA fuel economy figures, the new 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid sedan returns 53/52/52 mpg city/highway/combined.

By comparison, the latest Prius returns 54/50/52 mpg. Nearly identical figures, we know, and there’s a completely logical explanation why: both vehicles are powered by the same Atkinson cycle 1.8-liter inline-four with two electric motors, a nickel-hydride battery, and an e-CVT.

However, the Prius Eco manages to squeeze out an even more impressive EPA-rated 58/53/56 mpg. But the fact remains that the standard Prius hybrid and the new Corolla sedan hybrid are now sort of internal competitors. It’ll be interesting to see how that’ll play out in terms of actual sales figures.

The EPA also released fuel economy figures for the also new non-hybrid Corolla models and, as expected, straight up internal combustion is more efficient than ever. The SE and XSE 2020 Corolla trims, powered by a 2.0-liter inline-four and linked to a six-speed manual return an also impressive 29/36/32 and 29/36/32 mpg, respectively.

544478.jpg

544470.jpg

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 3

Toyota corolla sedan going to launch. The more important model compared to the hb.

Multilink rear suspension standard!

I can't say I like it.. And I can't say I dislike it. Conflicting mixed feelings within me
↡ Advertisement