2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

When you think BM going to sell the new model? Should be this year end or next year or else it become ooutdated..

Got cruise control, apple play, blind spot alert etc? Haha

They definitely will sell the new Altis, it's the B & B model for them. Thailand launch expected this month, I would expect it to be a Singapore Motorshow launch next year (like how they launch both the RAV4 and Camry during Motorshow this year). I wouldn't hold my breath for any form of passive safety features like blind spot on the our version of new Altis though. Edited by Thecarboy302
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Usually before cny...

If before cny then the current altis stock they should faster clear it. Heard BM brings in many ready stock for current altis?! Even my colleague who went to collect his harrier at west coast collection centre, saw many new unregistered altis parked at the carpark. Edited by 13177

If before cny then the current altis stock they should faster clear it. Heard BM brings in many ready stock for current altis?! Even my colleague who went to collect his harrier at west coast collection centre, saw many new unregistered altis parked at the carpark.

Maybe mine is there too... next bid I can collect? Haha

Maybe mine is there too... next bid I can collect? Haha

Yours should be parked there exposing to sun, rain and dust. Lol. Hopefully you can collect you car from there soon.

Yours should be parked there exposing to sun, rain and dust. Lol. Hopefully you can collect you car from there soon. ð

Performing weather stress test?! Hope my leather seat won’t dry and crack! Haha

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Launched in thailand, so when launch in sg? So the new altis is hybrid?

If Borneo Motors were to bring in the hybrid from Thailand with a good pricing, I’m sure it will be a top seller among loyalists and PHV rental companies. But doubt that will happen knowing full well how BM price their Toyota’s. 

2 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Very likely to look like this.

In Sg, only 1.6L.

In Thailand/Malaysia, 1.8L/2L/1.8L Hybrid.

In UK, there is 2L Dynamic Force Hybrid

1.1 Corolla.jpg

1.2 Corolla.jpg

1 Corolla.jpg

1600 cc altis already so expensive . No need to even think of the other variants.  

47 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The new altis finally looks more modern looking liao.

Not really. Other than the Corolla hatch, the unwritten curse that even numbered Corolla generations tends to look boring and sometimes awful came back full force again. 

The Gen 12 sedan shown here looks like what Toyota did to the G10 Altis, change just for the sake of it. It still looked alot like the current G11 Altis. US, EU and China actually got a better looking front end of the same car. 

Gen12 Altis body is smaller and the cabin offers noticeable lesser space. That SMLJ TNGA platform really eats up alot of rear legroom space. 

See the upcoming SE Asia Altis review here. Taiwan market already got it. It really doesn't look impressive when compared with the Mazda 3 or other euro cars of this price range

5 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Not really. Other than the Corolla hatch, the unwritten curse that even numbered Corolla generations tends to look boring and sometimes awful came back full force again. 

The Gen 12 sedan shown here looks like what Toyota did to the G10 Altis, change just for the sake of it. It still looked alot like the current G11 Altis. US, EU and China actually got a better looking front end of the same car. 

Gen12 Altis body is smaller and the cabin offers noticeable lesser space. That SMLJ TNGA platform really eats up alot of rear legroom space. 

See the upcoming SE Asia Altis review here. Taiwan market already got it. It really doesn't look impressive when compared with the Mazda 3 or other euro cars of this price range

I am comparing the interior dashboard area, at least it looks more modern than the current altis. Lol.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I am comparing the interior dashboard area, at least it looks more modern than the current altis. Lol.

Maybe not necessary more ergonomically friendly. The dash middle part sticks out too much and people with long legs will keep banging onto the dash.

Just take a ride in the current Prius and u will see what I mean. CHR also. From the outside, it seems like the front seats have impressive legroom, but when u actually sit down, you will realize your knees will keep banging onto the dash. The deeper foot well doesn't quite serve its purpose as a result. 

Tall people like me are quite particular about overall dash and front legroom designs.:) 

G11 Altis dash may look very early 2000s, but at least I could get comfortable at the front seats.  

6 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Maybe not necessary more ergonomically friendly. The dash middle part sticks out too much and people with long legs will keep banging onto the dash.

Just take a ride in the current Prius and u will see what I mean. CHR also. From the outside, it seems like the front seats have impressive legroom, but when u actually sit down, you will realize your knees will keep banging onto the dash. The deeper foot well doesn't quite serve its purpose as a result. 

Tall people like me are quite particular about overall dash and front legroom designs.:) 

G11 Altis dash may look very early 2000s, but at least I could get comfortable at the front seats.  

Indeed true, dashboard design would really affect the front legroom. So the current altis dash is better? But i find the dash a bit too straight and high.

• Praise 1

On 8/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, 13177 said:

Indeed true, dashboard design would really affect the front legroom. So the current altis dash is better? But i find the dash a bit too straight and high.

Looking at the latest corolla dashboard depth (from the windscreen to the edge), indeed it is too bulky and eats alot of space though the design is much more modern and sleeker. 

↡ Advertisement