Jump to content
gemmoglock

2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

Recommended Posts

This time round, some other Asean countries, have received the new Corolla Altis much faster than us. Seems like ours still clearing the current stock of Altis. No news on the launch of the new model yet.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

This time round, some other Asean countries, have received the new Corolla Altis much faster than us. Seems like ours still clearing the current stock of Altis. No news on the launch of the new model yet.

The new altis should reached sg first quarter of 2020. End of this year maybe not. Unless BM has cleared all the current gen altis. No wonder recently there is always promotion on altis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Please refer to Toyota Thailand URL for more info. JDM ones doesn't apply to us. JDM, North America and Europe Corollas uses way more advanced engines as compared to our SE Asia markets ones. SE Asia is a good place for big companies to dump their valueless hardware here and market them like they are prized collectibles. This is where easy profits came in. How else do u explain POS eg Avanza, Innova etc still able to sell in this part of the world despite there atrocious crude and rough platform? 

https://www.toyota.co.th/altis/

https://paultan.org/2019/09/12/2019-toyota-corolla-now-open-for-booking-in-malaysia/?utm_source=featuredpostsdesktop-2019-toyota-corolla-now-open-for-booking-in-malaysia&utm_medium=internallinks&utm_campaign=internallinks

JDM still use ZR & NR.  Where got advance?

Maybe 8NR more advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

White GR Sports look good. 

Whats the point of all these body kits if our G12 Corolla remains the same antique underpowered 1.6L like today? We cannot even get a proper 1.8L model like we used to do back in the G9 Altis days 

Anyway that bodykit looked so tired these days. Toyota still believes bodykits can make their cars go faster. The kit just doesn't have the kind of subtle elegance modern cars are designed around. This kit made the G12 looked like the crude and brash bodykits as found in the G9 Hipporolla 

That factory HU tiny buttons looked so cheap and difficult to read and use. 

Edited by Cheefarn
↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 13177 said:

The new altis should reached sg first quarter of 2020. End of this year maybe not. Unless BM has cleared all the current gen altis. No wonder recently there is always promotion on altis.

Even at promotional prices, its still damm expensive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Whats the point of all these body kits if our G12 Corolla remains the same antique underpowered 1.6L like today? We cannot even get a proper 1.8L model like we used to do back in the G9 Altis days 

Anyway that bodykit looked so tired these days. Toyota still believes bodykits can make their cars go faster. The kit just doesn't have the kind of subtle elegance modern cars are designed around. This kit made the G12 looked like the crude and brash bodykits as found in the G9 Hipporolla 

That factory HU tiny buttons looked so cheap and difficult to read and use. 

Ya man. Bodykit is B.S. I rather have a powerful engine with a normal body style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2019 at 12:14 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Ahhhh...now i see why switching off the DRL is so important to you...especially so in dark dark car parks and you need to keep the engine and aircon running right?? 😂

Guess he doesn't know that leaving a car engine idling will result in contribution to nation building 🤣

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/idling-engines-higher-penalties-for-repeat-offenders-from-june

 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest BM pricelist no longer lists Elegance model for current Altis, guess they have cleared stocks for that? Probably still trying to clear Standard trim stocks. 🤣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Latest BM pricelist no longer lists Elegance model for current Altis, guess they have cleared stocks for that? Probably still trying to clear Standard trim stocks. 🤣 

No more stock for elegance model? Looks like new altis can be launch in dec or early 2020 liao?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No more stock for elegance model? Looks like new altis can be launch in dec or early 2020 liao?

You seems excited but still not buying? Or buying ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

You seems excited but still not buying? Or buying ?

I am excited on every new car model which launched here lo. 😂

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://paultan.org/2019/09/21/gallery-2019-toyota-corolla-1-8g-rm136888-est/ 

Our stocks will be in anytime soon, if not already. 

image.png.93b634c3ee47121b2e59cf3bee6e970f.png

That large 2DIN hole with a locally fitted HU sure made the car looked so late 1990s LOL. Although Bolehland doesn't have SMLJ OMV thingy, they are very sensitive to prices too for this new G12 Corolla prices has risen significantly while still running on the old 1.8L engine. 

And I can bet anyone to the moon and back that our G12 Altis will be equipped exactly like this so that BM can save some money on OMV. Perhaps we may even loose Toyota Sense since Altis buyers can't recognize nor need such high tech stuff  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

https://paultan.org/2019/09/21/gallery-2019-toyota-corolla-1-8g-rm136888-est/ 

Our stocks will be in anytime soon, if not already. 

image.png.93b634c3ee47121b2e59cf3bee6e970f.png

That large 2DIN hole with a locally fitted HU sure made the car looked so late 1990s LOL. Although Bolehland doesn't have SMLJ OMV thingy, they are very sensitive to prices too for this new G12 Corolla prices has risen significantly while still running on the old 1.8L engine. 

And I can bet anyone to the moon and back that our G12 Altis will be equipped exactly like this so that BM can save some money on OMV. Perhaps we may even loose Toyota Sense since Altis buyers can't recognize nor need such high tech stuff  

Interior Altis here like to make them look like 80s/90s de. The current altis the dashboard area also looks so old school. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Interior Altis here like to make them look like 80s/90s de. The current altis the dashboard area also looks so old school. Lol.

Anyone who has driven a current Toyota model from BM will know that this parts bin HU interface is very difficult and confusing to use and by default it doesn't even support Apple CP and Android Auto. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Anyone who has driven a current Toyota model from BM will know that this parts bin HU interface is very difficult and confusing to use and by default it doesn't even support Apple CP and Android Auto. 

 

Wonder why BM give such a lousy and old technology HU and yet their altis is not cheap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Wonder why BM give such a lousy and old technology HU and yet their altis is not cheap?

Profit margins and the assumption that the Toyota brands sells by itself. Other makes gotta go to great lengths to market their products in SG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope PI can bring in the 1.2T JDM Corolla saloon

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×