2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

yes. only this brand new corolla sedan will be the first one to have multi-link.

Hence it's good to see the corolla improving it's game against the elantra/cerato/civic/mz3

Oh i forgot, the current civic is also multi-link. 

One of the reasons why civics, mz3 have always handled better than the outgoing gen corollas.

But all still tuned for comfort lah. A less bumpier ride in the rear.

Mazda 3 is multi-link ah, didnt know that. Maybe next time i would see any difference when i sit in a multi-link or torsion beam car?! Lol.

↡ Advertisement

can share link that with side by side comparison, interested to know as well how it is different.. 

Auris (Corolla Hatch - should be identical to sedan)

Camry comparison - TNGA vs old gen

yes. only this brand new corolla sedan will be the first one to have multi-link.

Hence it's good to see the corolla improving it's game against the elantra/cerato/civic/mz3

Oh i forgot, the current civic is also multi-link. 

One of the reasons why civics, mz3 have always handled better than the outgoing gen corollas.

But all still tuned for comfort lah. A less bumpier ride in the rear.

Surprising that it is not using double wishbone.

Auris and Prius is using double wishbone.

Have you driven Japanese and Korean car?

apologize for late reply.

I just drive Perodua Bezza.

any issue with this?

please enlightened me if any...

hi buddy,not trying to break your balls but where is the Lexus similarity?care to highlight...

also,wished it came with a normal gear box option.that'll be a better drive.much better.i believe CVT is only good on hybrid to complement the low emission and fuel economy.

hi, I think toyota hybrid is not using the usual belt cvt.

I believe using ecvt which is a planetary box which is different configuration.

apologize for late reply.

I just drive Perodua Bezza.

any issue with this?

please enlightened me if any...

hi, I think toyota hybrid is not using the usual belt cvt.

I believe using ecvt which is a planetary box which is different configuration.

Have you tested Japanese, Korean or Malaysian cars..

Mazda 3 is multi-link ah, didnt know that. Maybe next time i would see any difference when i sit in a multi-link or torsion beam car?! Lol.

But next gen Mz3 moving to a torsion beam setup...

TLDR:
Powertrains: US carries over the 1.8l with 139hp now, 2.0l dynamic force with 169hp available like the hatch. US hybrid variant TBA, Europe/China gets the 1.8l hybrid found in the Prius, carries over the 132hp 1.6l with improvements. No word on the 2.0l higher output hybrid variant. USA gets 6spd rev-matching manual or dynamic force CVT with launch gear like the hatch .

Chassis: Also TNGA like the hatch, shares same extended 2700m wheelbase as outgoing sedan and current wagon aka Touring in Europe.

Tech: Apple Carplay and Amazon Alexa available, no word on Android Auto yet. Toyota Safety Sense 2.0. Some China variants get rear air-conditioning, TBA for other markets.

Sport/Prestige: See videos below. China has both, EU Prestige only, TBA other markets. The Sport will likely be the base look in USA, with XSE taking a more aggressive look (see imgur link below).

SG Predictions: Unclear whether SG will get Sport or Prestige. I'm guessing Prestige as we got the same sedan look as Europe last gen. We should likely get the current 1.6l or the improved EU one. Not sure if 1.2 turbo or 1.8/2.0 hybrid will appear here. Not sure also if Toyota will bring in the hatch or just the sedan. Given Thailand took a full year to launch the SEA market Camry, I expect PIs to bring the sedan before Borneo does, like the Camry (I learnt my lesson with my Camry post, so now I've titled it 2019/2020. Fingers crossed for the rear aircon too.

More info:
Sporty Video:

Prestige Video (featuring rear aircon vents):
Sport vs Prestige vs USA XSE: https://imgur.com/a/GOsx7zX

no need to read the article, I can guess its still NA+CVT,  

but surprised 2.0L NA produce 169bhp, it's almost 1.5T class, appreciate Toyota NA engine leading world [thumbsup]

Looks great! Everything better than nissan sylphy

Sylphy design is outdated

Haha true everything is better than Sylphy. I don't think any current gen compact sedan is even benchmarking against it. 

Haha true everything is better than Sylphy. I don't think any current gen compact sedan is even benchmarking against it.

Look at speedometer u know already

Then new 2018 model still use handbrake

Most use p button alr

Steering wheel profile like very fat

Has been like that since like the 2000s

Sylphy not designed like qashqai and xtrail

Nissan only trying to market suv but only xtrail fits the price tag

7 seater at 2.0 such a price still okay

Qashqai too ex

Only loyal nissan drivers will pay

With brands like Mercedes, Ford and Mazda moving to rear torsion beam suspension setup, it is indeed refreshing for Toyota to go with standard multi-link setup. Kudos to them, hope this maintains when the eventual release of the Corolla Altis meant for ASEAN markets. If priced well, it presents as a good alternative to the Civic.  

• Praise 1

TLDR:
Powertrains: US carries over the 1.8l with 139hp now, 2.0l dynamic force with 169hp available like the hatch. US hybrid variant TBA, Europe/China gets the 1.8l hybrid found in the Prius, carries over the 132hp 1.6l with improvements. No word on the 2.0l higher output hybrid variant. USA gets 6spd rev-matching manual or dynamic force CVT with launch gear like the hatch .

Chassis: Also TNGA like the hatch, shares same extended 2700m wheelbase as outgoing sedan and current wagon aka Touring in Europe.

Tech: Apple Carplay and Amazon Alexa available, no word on Android Auto yet. Toyota Safety Sense 2.0. Some China variants get rear air-conditioning, TBA for other markets.

Sport/Prestige: See videos below. China has both, EU Prestige only, TBA other markets. The Sport will likely be the base look in USA, with XSE taking a more aggressive look (see imgur link below).

SG Predictions: Unclear whether SG will get Sport or Prestige. I'm guessing Prestige as we got the same sedan look as Europe last gen. We should likely get the current 1.6l or the improved EU one. Not sure if 1.2 turbo or 1.8/2.0 hybrid will appear here. Not sure also if Toyota will bring in the hatch or just the sedan. Given Thailand took a full year to launch the SEA market Camry, I expect PIs to bring the sedan before Borneo does, like the Camry (I learnt my lesson with my Camry post, so now I've titled it 2019/2020. Fingers crossed for the rear aircon too.

Singapore will not import, as it's all more than 130bhp, fall into CAT B

Edited by MQX87511

Singapore will not import, as it's all more than 130bhp, fall into CAT B

if price well and adequate feature packed, it may have good competition against civic 1.5T in cat B
↡ Advertisement