2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

13 hours ago, Lack said:

My next speculation is that it might be the Vehicle Stability Control being too sensitive. Cos my wife commented that it feels like I'm pressing the brake again and again. Now I think about it, it feels like the ABS.  But can't be ABS cos I never step on brake. (my old car don't have VSC so I dunno how it feels like when activated. Googled and seems VCS used ABS to slow down the car when it thinks I'm skidding).  I read the manual that there will be a flashing warning light when it's activated. I don't remember seeing any flashing light, so I'm making a point to remember to watch out for the light and see the rpm too.

3 of the instances seems to happen when I'm turning right (once out from a slip road, the other time is  a normal right turn. Most recent is when I changed lane to the right)

Video no use, my blackvue only captured surprise sound that my wife made when the jerk/vibration happened, it did not pick up the sound the car made.

😮

😞

please keep report back to BM and do share their feedback. 

if have written in their report is better, if they dont write you write yourself in their paper before sign off when collect car..  and take photo.. 

share here .. 

↡ Advertisement

12 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Had informed them prior that I do not want any chargable ads ons. Returned to collect car & had these add ons charged to my bill.   

Why pay then? 

On 9/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Zxcvb said:

There is no manufacturing facilities for Toyota in Australia, this was already discussed in another thread. Even the Aussie reviewers said their Corolla is from Japan. I'm surprised grey market car dealers managed to source the export models. But I want the "C" logo for the full-fledge JDM Corolla. 😎

https://carousell.com/p/1035641444

This dealer is selling the one with the "C" emblem sedan

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

I have given up with the service provided by BM service center. No more Toyota cars (BM) for me.

You still can buy toyota but just dont go back to their service centre lo. Toyota cars very easy to service outside workshop de.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Lack said:

Usually around peak hours.

That road bobian u have to use if need to go from west coast highway to AYE or towards Queensway

There is also several bus stops there. So u kena behind the bus then prepare to stop and go. Double white all the way, and quite unsafe to overtake also

This road cannot overtake, too dangerous. If i want to go to west coast highway from AYE vice vs, i would rather take a longer route then drive into this 99弯. Lol.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

You still can buy toyota but just dont go back to their service centre lo. Toyota cars very easy to service outside workshop de.

Underwarraty, it is better to service at BM. After warranty over, then it is alright to service the car outside. 

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

This road cannot overtake, too dangerous. If i want to go to west coast highway from AYE vice vs, i would rather take a longer route then drive into this 99弯. Lol.

I like to take this 99 corner route to test cornering. Shiok!

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

Underwarraty, it is better to service at BM. After warranty over, then it is alright to service the car outside. 

Nowsaday new law. U can service outside wont break  warrently already. 

Just  request for orginal oil filter

10 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

I like to take this 99 corner route to test cornering. Shiok!

Well, hope you dun appear in the news and make the headlines

On 9/23/2020 at 4:29 PM, Mkl22 said:

thats you... plenty of PI cars out there and they continue 

8 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Wah, already say don’t want then they still add. Very smelly AD leh. Last time I went back KMC for servicing, they also ask me do air con servicing and engine flush, I tell them don’t need then they also never push. 

You know times are bad when even AD workshops start to behave like small workshops trying to upsell unnecessary services. Disgraceful.

2 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

You know times are bad when even AD workshops start to behave like small workshops trying to upsell unnecessary services. Disgraceful.

Eh...  the 4-in-1 has been there for quite long already.   Besides Motul,  there is the air-con service. 
This one not too bad,  a long time ago,  Chevrolet,  every 20k km need to change one of the part in the AC system. 

On 9/24/2020 at 7:32 AM, Lack said:

Hi bros. Need to seek your opinion on this.

Im driving the 2019 Corolla Altis standard. Bought brand new from BM. About 1 month old. Since about a week after collected the car, I noticed there is  intermittent jerking when I accelerate from stop. It does not come all the time, experience it about once a week. I'm not able to replicate it, so worried that bring to BM they also dunno how to fix.

Mileage now is about 4000km, and I have already felt this symptom 3-4 times already. 

Usually happens when I accelerate from stop to about 30km/h, then I let go the accelerator for a few sec to coast, then when I step the accelerator again, there is this jerking/ shaking back and forth movement then the car began to accelerate. It kinda feel like u shift into too high a gear when driving a manual car.

Usually need to drive this way is when I moved off, then suddenly traffic piled up ( but if u lift off accelerator and not step on anything, u can still maintain safety distance). Not sure it mattered, 2 times was when I'm coming out from a slip toad or making a right turn.

No warning lights. Plug in scan tool also no error codes

This is my first CVT and Toyota, so not sure if it's usual behavior for a CVT, or for a Toyota. Googled around and mostly points to wear and tear. Mine is very new, so don't think those info are valid

Thanks all

On 9/28/2020 at 11:36 PM, Lack said:

My next speculation is that it might be the Vehicle Stability Control being too sensitive. Cos my wife commented that it feels like I'm pressing the brake again and again. Now I think about it, it feels like the ABS.  But can't be ABS cos I never step on brake. (my old car don't have VSC so I dunno how it feels like when activated. Googled and seems VCS used ABS to slow down the car when it thinks I'm skidding).  I read the manual that there will be a flashing warning light when it's activated. I don't remember seeing any flashing light, so I'm making a point to remember to watch out for the light and see the rpm too.

3 of the instances seems to happen when I'm turning right (once out from a slip road, the other time is  a normal right turn. Most recent is when I changed lane to the right)

Video no use, my blackvue only captured surprise sound that my wife made when the jerk/vibration happened, it did not pick up the sound the car made.

😮

😞

Definitely not normal. 

And not a characteristic of CVT. 

But will be hard to to get rectified if the mechanics aren't able to replicate it during servicing.

Either way, report to service center get them to do something about this. And make sure to ask if other owners of Gen 12 Altis are also having this issue. 

Feels like the engine is cutting out or fuel supply interrupted momentarily? As if the car is going to "si chia" for a split second?

Might want to connect with other Gen 12 Altis owners to find out more. 

7 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Definitely not normal. 

And not a characteristic of CVT. 

But will be hard to to get rectified if the mechanics aren't able to replicate it during servicing.

Either way, report to service center get them to do something about this. And make sure to ask if other owners of Gen 12 Altis are also having this issue. 

Feels like the engine is cutting out or fuel supply interrupted momentarily? As if the car is going to "si chia" for a split second?

Might want to connect with other Gen 12 Altis owners to find out more. 

most probably he bought a lemon car.  Maybe one on ten thousand chance of that happening and sway sway he got that unit. 

On 9/28/2020 at 10:51 PM, Lack said:

Thanks all for the replies.

@ConnorMcLeod

Your 2016 Altis is cvt also? So your subsequent service u go to other BM branch complaint about the jerking issue also no use?

yes CVT.    

I went to pandan after this bad experience at UBI. I surely mentioned to them about the jerkiness and had a proper test drive and they at least appear tried to do something about it. Eventually  the CVT/sensor failed at 25k km and they replaced the part.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:08 PM, Kklee said:

Eh... I thought your issue resolved already ? 
In the service report,  what was the item changed? 

@Kklee yes resolved. I still want to nag about it. I will check later if the report indicated item changed. what I can recall now is the service engineer showed me on the computer, a 3D view of the transmission and mentioned a few things like torque convertor, sensor etc. 

↡ Advertisement