Head Unit upgrade(Apple CarPlay)

Derekwg

Hi guys!Wanna check with you guys! My brother is driving latest Subaru XV, wanna upgrade to maybe pioneer or alpine in order to have Apple car play function but the original XV head unit size looks weird. Any recommendations that the replacement can be just plug and play?

↡ Advertisement

I am trying my luck here and not sure if anyone can recommend or help? I have decided to renew the COE of my 10yo C180K (W204) but as you are all well aware ... the head unit is really very very old and apart from reverse camera screen / radio (no Nav) ... it does not do much else. 

I have asked around and no one seems to have a solution. I am wondering if any Bros here can help with a recommendation of a head unit with Apple Carplay to integrate my radio / Bluetooth phone function? Any recommended shops for me to approach?

Thanx much!

Neutral Newbie

The Pumpkin 10.1” Android 10 Car Stereo Double Din with 4GB RAM+64GB I bought is my second android radio. This one is way nicer. It is bright in the daytime, unlike my other one. Boot time around 15 seconds. Not too bad. Comes with a microphone, I can speak softly and it hears me clearly. Excellent. Wasn’t sure about some of the installation. Sent an email to the support that they have and they replied quickly. They even followed up to make sure everything was working properly. (I was the one who didn’t thoroughly read the instructions which caused me to be unsure, my answer was right in front of my face in black and white). The unit is user-friendly and has awesome features. Can’t wait to see what the next thing these guys come up with. Will recommend it to anyone. The screen is clear and responds well!

Neutral Newbie
7 hours ago, SamSuma said:

The Pumpkin 10.1” Android 10 Car Stereo Double Din with 4GB RAM+64GB I bought is my second android radio. This one is way nicer. It is bright in the daytime, unlike my other one. Boot time around 15 seconds. Not too bad. Comes with a microphone, I can speak softly and it hears me clearly. Excellent. Wasn’t sure about some of the installation. Sent an email to the support that they have and they replied quickly. They even followed up to make sure everything was working properly. (I was the one who didn’t thoroughly read the instructions which caused me to be unsure, my answer was right in front of my face in black and white). The unit is user-friendly and has awesome features. Can’t wait to see what the next thing these guys come up with. Will recommend it to anyone. The screen is clear and responds well!

How much and where do you bough it?