SEAT Ibiza & after-sales service

Naresh

I am looking for (and prefer to get) something smaller, the size of VW Polo/Golf.

any particular reason y SEAT ibiza? have u considered other brands /models? besides VW golf/polo...if u looking for hatchback less than 1.5cc Skoda Rapid, Opel Astra, Peugeot 308, Hyundai i30, Mazda 3, Nissan Note..... :a-m1212:

↡ Advertisement

any particular reason y SEAT ibiza? have u considered other brands /models? besides VW golf/polo...if u looking for hatchback less than 1.5cc Skoda Rapid, Opel Astra, Peugeot 308, Hyundai i30, Mazda 3, Nissan Note..... :a-m1212:

Because Seat Ibiza looks good, the visibility and seating position are excellent... and it looks better than VW Polo. I have not test driven the Ibiza, but WhatCar gives it 4-5 stars for driving and handling, so it should not be too shabby.

The purpose of my post was to get some feedback on SEAT and their after-sales.

I prefer the small/medium sized hatchbacks, and don't want to do anything larger than VW Golf.

I did look at the Peugeot 308, but could not get comfortable behind the wheels. The instrument cluster is mounted further back on the dashboard, and the small chunky steering wheel blocks the view of the speedometer. You have to sit higher so that you can see it over the steering wheel.

I like the Mazda design language, but the versions in Singapore are underpowered. Also, the 2019 Mazda 3 is just around the corner.

The Skoda Rapid look too big in pictures.

Nissan Note... looks so uninspiring.  [smallcry]

Hyundai i30 look good, good seating position and visibility. Have not test driven it yet, but I was bothered by cluster of empty/dummy  buttons on the dashboard near the drivers side. I am still trying to convince myself I should not let it bother me.  [laugh]

Because Seat Ibiza looks good, the visibility and seating position are excellent... and it looks better than VW Polo. I have not test driven the Ibiza, but WhatCar gives it 4-5 stars for driving and handling, so it should not be too shabby.

I prefer the small/medium sized hatchbacks, and don't want to do anything larger than VW Golf.

I did look at the Peugeot 308, but could not get comfortable behind the wheels. The instrument cluster is mounted further back on the dashboard, and the small chunky steering wheel blocks the view of the speedometer. You have to sit higher so that you can see it over the steering wheel.

I like the Mazda design language, but the versions in Singapore are underpowered. Also, the 2019 Mazda 3 is just around the corner.

Hyundai i30 look good, good seating position and visibility. Have not test driven it yet, but I was bothered by cluster of empty/dummy  buttons on the dashboard near the drivers side. I am still trying to convince myself I should not let it bother me.  [laugh]

Honda Jazz and Suzuki Swift?

Nissan Note... looks so uninspiring. [smallcry]

Hyundai i30 look good, good seating position and visibility. Have not test driven it yet, but I was bothered by cluster of empty/dummy buttons on the dashboard near the drivers side. I am still trying to convince myself I should not let it bother me. [laugh]

In the end you will buy nothing. Think this consider that....waste people time only.
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

In the end you will buy nothing. Think this consider that....waste people time only.

Well, what am I supposed to do when I for feedback on SEAT Ibiza, and someone dumps list of cars without taking into consideration what I may like? I do understand they are trying to be helpful, so I am being polite and replying to it.

I am picky... and I don't apologise for it. I drive a Suzuki Swift Sport (ZC32) and I love it... bought is ~5 years ago when the COE was very high, and that is the reason for changing. 

And my shortlist in addition to SEAT Ibiza, also include VW Polo (Beats), VW Golf, Mini Cooper, (new) Swift Sport, and the (new) Audi A1.

Honda Jazz and Suzuki Swift?

I am currently driving Swift Sport (ZC32), and love it It is a awesome drive, with good after-sales service/support.

So yes, the ZC33 is definitely up there for me.

Golf GTi?

its the biggest of the small car you listed... actually the new A class also not too bad...

Golf GTi?

its the biggest of the small car you listed... actually the new A class also not too bad...

Not the GTI... the GTI would be awesome, but I would like to limit my spend to S$120K - S$130K (if I really like it).  [blush]

I was enthusiastic about the Class A and the MBUX... until I saw the price. I should have expected it.  [laugh]

I think, for Mercedes, the high end models are good, but the lower end Mercs are just average - the A200 uses a Renault-Nissan engine, with torsion beam rear suspension. 

(edited)

Well, after much deliberation, I got the VW Golf 1.4 TSI.

Edited by Naresh
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Well, after much deliberation, I got the VW Golf 1.4 TSI.

Lol congrats. I hope you didn't buy the golf just to spite RogerNg. he can be quite a troll sometimes... Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 2

Lol congrats. I hope you didn't buy the golf just to spite RogerNg. he can be quite a troll sometimes...

Haha, no that would foolhardy of me, but I couldn't pass on the opportunity to reply to that post. 

Haha

Joined the dark side...

Supercharged

This afternoon i kaypoh and went to vertex for a test drive of ibiza.

I would say it does drive well. A good small car. Good for ladies really. Comes with reverse cam. A must have for ladies also.

I looking at small hatch for my wife and i now put this on my shortlist.

Interior okay lar. Much hard plastics but acceptable for this price range. Comes with 6 airbags too.

I tink its a 8 to 10k diff frm polo.

Golf is too old design liao. Tink 2020 then new one out.

Deciding against jazz or fit coz 2 airbags n old design too. Hehe.

Hmm. Tempting sia.

Any feedbacks on this ibiza

I would say it does drive well. A good small car. Good for ladies really. Comes with reverse cam. A must have for ladies also.

Interior okay lar. Much hard plastics but acceptable for this price range. Comes with 6 airbags too.

Hmm. Tempting sia.

I got my Ibiza last year October and yes, same consideration upon buying, Jazz, Fit Hybrid, Note and Ibiza.

Test drove Jazz and feels okay on the 1.3. SE told me stock will arrive March 2019, so I proceeded to look elsewhere and stop by SEAT to check on Ibiza. Doubted the 1.0 because doesn't sounds powerful enough for a car. Test drove it and I was so wrong, drive was good and smooth. Car styling is awesome as well (too bad no full LED headlight and rear light). Whats more, previously it did not comes with ACC and TRF, but all included now. 

Jazz even though is 1.3, doesn't have the fun factor in driving compared to Ibiza. The 1.0 turbocharged engine gives you the power when needed, and also save your fuel when you don't need the power. You save on road tax as well being a 1.0. FC for the Ibiza was great, im clocking average of 20-21km/l.

if you are looking for something fun and funky to drive, go for Ibiza, and it's a conti car compared to Jazz. However, if you are looking for something bringing you from point A to B with no other issues down the road, go for Jazz. Not saying SEAT will not have support, after all, they gave me at that point of time, 3 year warranty and 2 year service package (heard now is 5 year warranty).

All up to you, i will go for Ibiza still, if you have the cash to spare. (you may look out for KIA Stonic as well, 1.0 turbocharged, but lesser torque and no DSG transmission)

:)

• Praise 1

So what have you bought?

Hmm. Tempting sia.

Supercharged

So what have you bought?

Nah.

Just started to train my wife to drive. Hehe.

She dun seems keen on the brochure i bought back on ibiza leh. Hmm.

↡ Advertisement