Driving to Genting Highlands with roof box

Colox

My family & I are planning to drive up to Genting Highlands for the holidays. As we need extra luggagespace, I have installed roof bars & will eventually put roof box/cargo. Anyone have tried to drive to Genting Highlands with roof box? How was the experience, is it generally safe? Along the way (stops on the high-way) as well as on parking at Genting Highlands? Any height clearance I should be aware of?

Appreciate your inputs & sharing your experience.

↡ Advertisement

Height clearance depends on how tall is your car + rack + box ..

MY car parks are usually taller as they got a lot of light trucks and minivans.

Total height is almost 2.1m.

Don’t imagine there’d be issue with height clearance. Many mini buses and vans all of which share same roads wth regular passanger cars, are even taller.

If you’ve never driven at higher speeds with a roof mounted box though, you might want to get accustomed to it locally before making a long trip there. It has quite a significant effect on drag, especially if you drive a low slung sedan with a slippery CoD, the box will alter the dynamics quite a bit. Won’t say it affects stability etc but it does feel different at the wheel (and more wind noise), so that’s why I say takes time to get used to it.

• Praise 4

Don’t imagine there’d be issue with height clearance. Many mini buses and vans all of which share same roads wth regular passanger cars, are even taller.

If you’ve never driven at higher speeds with a roof mounted box though, you might want to get accustomed to it locally before making a long trip there. It has quite a significant effect on drag, especially if you drive a low slung sedan with a slippery CoD, the box will alter the dynamics quite a bit. Won’t say it affects stability etc but it does feel different at the wheel (and more wind noise), so that’s why I say takes time to get used to it.

Thanks much!... Really valuable inputs/advise...

make sure dont park underground or mscp carpark

i vaguely recalled genting carpark sibei tight, low and narrow

park open air ... else remove the roof box before entering carpark

My family & I are planning to drive up to Genting Highlands for the holidays. As we need extra luggagespace, I have installed roof bars & will eventually put roof box/cargo. Anyone have tried to drive to Genting Highlands with roof box? How was the experience, is it generally safe? Along the way (stops on the high-way) as well as on parking at Genting Highlands? Any height clearance I should be aware of?

Edited by Wt_know

My only advice to you is avoid Lane 1.

Most Singapore drivers is not alert enough to drive on lane 1.

Kenna poke until face red also don't know.

It is safe to drive on lane 2 and 3.

Just curious: what car are you driving, and are you buying the roof box just for this one-off trip, or is there anywhere to rent it?

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

just happen to see this image while reading some article about Malaysia toll, fyi.

post-46381-0-25050600-1542611148_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Just curious: what car are you driving, and are you buying the roof box just for this one-off trip, or is there anywhere to rent it?

I have seen roof boxes for rent on carousell

• Praise 1

Hi, Renault Grand Scenic. I recently bought Inno roof box. I've seen in Carousell a number of roof boxes for rent.

However, I find the rental quite pricey, almost half the price of bnew if you would rent for 3 days.

just happen to see this image while reading some article about Malaysia toll, fyi.

attachicon.gifrfid-toll-touch-n-go-001.jpg

Thanks!... Good to know & to note.

My only advice to you is avoid Lane 1.

Most Singapore drivers is not alert enough to drive on lane 1.

Kenna poke until face red also don't know.

It is safe to drive on lane 2 and 3.

Hi, sorry, I am not that familiar...

Are you referring to Tuas or Causeway?

Lane 2 & 3 are left side or right side?

Thanks much!...

Hi, sorry, I am not that familiar...

Are you referring to Tuas or Causeway?

Lane 2 & 3 are left side or right side?

Thanks much!...

I am talking about North South Highway.

Keep to the left even if you need to share it with heavy vehicles.

You will be fast enough to switch back to right lane if kenna poke.

↡ Advertisement