Primary colour in log card

Dordor

I just recently bought a resale car.

The exterior is white in color, log card stated primary is white color.

However, when I send to repair, the mechanic open up the side mirror and realise the original color should be red.

The interior of side mirror casing is red, one part of the the side mirror (after dismantle) is also partially red.

Can the primary colour be changed after respray?

Will I able to find out what is the original colour of the car?

Thank you!

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

However, when I send to repair, the mechanic open up the side mirror and realise the original color should be red.

The interior of side mirror casing is red, one part of the the side mirror (after dismantle) is also partially red.

Thank you!

In order to find the original color, got to find the 1st owner.

Any change of color to the vehicle can be updated via OneMotoring. Doesn't necessarily the log card will only reflect the original color.

• Praise 1

Find first owner for what? If the current LTA logcard say white n car is white, doesn't matter what the previous colour was

I would be more concerned if u think u bought a Lexus RX and logcard say Toyota Harrier....lol

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Wat car are you driving? You can check out your original color by looking at your chassis plate.

The plate will show your car's color code & you can check it on the internet, example Toyota 070 = Toyota White Pearl.

The plate can be found on the engine bay area or side pillar between front & rear passenger.

ChassisLabel.jpg

Edited by Sugimoto
  • Praise 12

Thank you!

if everything tallied.. the worst case is that door is replaced with a used one with original color red and resprayed to white.

Thank you very much!

Wat car are you driving? You can check out your original color by looking at your chassis plate.

The plate will show your car's color code & you can check it on the internet, example Toyota 070 = Toyota White Pearl.

The plate can be found on the engine bay area or side pillar between front & rear passenger.

ChassisLabel.jpg

• Praise 1

Thought when you changed your car colour, your log card also changed? Esp now log card is all E-copy de, should be easily changed. Last time when log card is hard copy, maybe the initial colour stated on the log card would not able to change if the car is respray to another color.