COE Bidding – 2nd Round of November 2018

Carbon82

AD no promise regarding the exact delivery month. Just focus on when to obtain COE. From their strategy point, making me believe they are trying luck on lower COE since no ready stock yet.

In line with what I said in page 1...

"

AD sell you a car with unknown profit margin. Best case is COE plunged a lot after transaction. let' s say hitting the COE cash rebate they set...then they make the most profit out of this transaction.

In contrast, they are still conservative enough to allow 2-3K COE increase without asking you to top up.

"

↡ Advertisement

Cannot like you.  I go find another 11 likes first...... haha. MCF should made until 100 ma .... 

Yalor, suddenly Honda become very attractive.  

I only tested the Mobilio, sometimes back, which I thought is a joke lor, my wife even said the door a bit thin wor. This kind of car also can sell and so basic, if a bit more, need to ownself bring tyres to KM to collect car lor.  It is that bad.

As for civic, I think OK ba, but hor the Earth Dream ......Hmmmm.  

I only drove the old civic before it, fantastic car, except, I can get it cannot get out.  Car too low, a hall mark feature of civic lor. 

As for airbag, all my rides never blew an airbag, so I am not recommending it as a MAJOR features.  And with Japanese Technology, we are better off without airbag.  It is a 1 time enough event.  Now 2018 closing, is there closure on the Air bag issue.  They went quiet hor.

As for Kia, I drive a Kia, so I am bias to it.  But they like that sell car.  Good luck lor.

So correct laaa, buy a Honda for 2018/19.

Civic looks good and drives good.

Only bad point is only 2 air bags.

If budget is not an issue to him, go for the 1.5l turbo Civic.

The 2 car out of range. Buy civic.

I did not try KIA. Tested Civic, good driving and price.
Ask ur friend to test also Subaru Impreza and Mazda 6.

Hi. How was sales last weekend? Any black friday effect?

Civic adjusted price down by 2k, Altis down by 3k after last round of COE, what do we think ?
  • Praise 1

Civic adjusted price down by 2k, Altis down by 3k after last round of COE, what do we think ?

Civic and Altis have new model coming up ? Need to clear stock?

:D

• Praise 2

Indeed seems like car price now still consider quite expensive despite coe is 30k and below level. Sill able to find many cars more than 100k.

fact is car price did come down, but when my mother goes market to buy fish, she will always complain fish is expensive, never praise fish monger for selling good price before. In reality, car price of the B&B cars have dropped by more than $50K over 5 years.

There is also a thread about B&B cars, most of the cars mentioned are below $65k.

post-84721-0-09263000-1543284330.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

fact is car price did come down, but when  my mother goes market to buy fish, she will always complain fish is expensive, never praise fish monger for selling good price before.  In reality, car price of the B&B cars have dropped by more than $50K over 5 years.

don't understand why people always say car price never come down.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

fact is car price did come down, but when my mother goes market to buy fish, she will always complain fish is expensive, never praise fish monger for selling good price before. In reality, car price of the B&B cars have dropped by more than $50K over 5 years.

There is also a thread about B&B cars, most of the cars mentioned are below $65k.

For B&B Cat A cars, car price indeed dropped a lot?! For Cat B cars, car price maybe did not drop much?

For B&B Cat A cars, car price indeed dropped a lot?! For Cat B cars, car price maybe did not drop much?

Mazda 6 in Jan 2013 was $173,988, now $104,800, a difference of nearly $70k.

Merc E200 Avantgade in Jan 2013 was $283,888, now $246,888, a difference of $40k.

so yes there is drop but because the selling price of the more premium cars are much more expensive by nature, COE price becomes a smaller component of the total car price, as a result, a $40k or $50k drop in COE would not have significant influence in the selling price.

Net is E200, 5 series and alike will not go below $100k, though I have been waiting and I will continue to wait. [laugh][laugh] .

Edited by Ct3833

COE 12k open cat convert to cat A 10k. List price , I buy 50999.

I bought Kia Cerato Variant 2 in Feb 2009,last few units at $36K coe $2693 before new model Forte roll-in, se asked whether i wanted to wait for a few months for forte; lock-in price @$42K. Cerato and forte prices were not much different. Car prices can be manipulated, it is not so much whether coe drop but whether car prices drop?
  • Praise 1

Therefore you expect coe to rebound on 5 dec?

On civic, any news of 2019 civic coming in?

Mazda 6 in Jan 2013 was $173,988, now $104,800, a difference of nearly $70k.

Merc E200 Avantgade in Jan 2013 was $283,888, now $246,888, a difference of $40k.

so yes there is drop but because the selling price of the more premium cars are much more expensive by nature, COE price becomes a smaller component of the total car price, as a result, a $40k or $50k drop in COE would not have significant influence in the selling price.

Net is E200, 5 series and alike will not go below $100k, though I have been waiting and I will continue to wait. [laugh][laugh] .

If drop below $200k, can steal laugh already.

wah serious...

ok own up, who bought a Madza 3 for 150k in early 2013? :D

Scrapped, took back balanced COE and parf, bought new car happily liao. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

2013 Jan was the highest COE, over $90k...

After Jan, it went down and stable at $60k.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1