Today my credit card was hacked

Inlinefour

Dear all MCFers

Today someone hacked my credit card

This is a 20 years aged card

So many incurring monthly payee

Actually the moment I received a OTP for online transaction I smelled a rat liao

Immediately I reported to card centre

Then CSO immediately blocked the card

She go through all unbilled transactions with me

Checking from when the card was compromised

After verification she confirmed it is hacked more than a week

But I don’t have sms alert for my 20 years old card

So I don’t know what is happening

Only OTP came...siao liao

Ok this hacker got balls of steel I can say

(He) used my card for all iTunes payments, Apple items, online automobile accessories and even dare to use my card to pay his mobile phone bill

Do you think this hacker really no horse run?

Card centre CSO also surprised that those transactions can track the hacker down

Clever to hack but stupid to spend huh

BTW sorry for so long winded

I hope to share this so that bro and sis here can be more careful

Best if some people can share more information about card security etc

Thank you for reading my post

PS. The troublesome part is I have to inform all payee about this and update all my new card details

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 17

Mine happened 2 months back with someone trying to bill to ITunes with a link for a measly $2.00 only ; and it really went to Apple Pay which asked for my password for iTunes and then I smelled a rat ; called the card company - they said they can block my card at my behest and gave me Apple direct hotline number (which was very fast service ) and they said they did not bill me but many others have been in similar situation and got rejected becos for want of expiry date of card not being right ( so the culprit is using apple’s genuine payment ) to see if the payment goes thru somehow on tikam tikam basis and when it finally goes thru will whack a big amount on the Card..... how exactly he will know - I’m still confused ..... anyway I had put in SMS trigger for all my cards and supplementary cards even for any measly $1/- transactions becos of an earlier situation

The problem in your case as in my case is that now you have to manually redo each and every giro or recurring payment form all over and it really took so much time and effort and each and every telco/ SP / singtel/ Starhub/ govt dept/ even AVA doggie license got different form format and takes again a month to activate and all that hassle and that too after the new card is delivered only which again can take between 2 days to more than 7 working days

Now this is technology today and not forgetting the easy link function and also atm function need to redo also

I’m talking about the POSB everyday card here

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 6
  • Shocked 1

I also kena before and also the perpetrator using in iTunes and Apple store. It was a Citibank card I think.

Dear all MCFers

Actually the moment I received a OTP for online transaction I smelled a rat liao

But I don’t have sms alert for my 20 years old card

So I don’t know what is happening

(He) used my card for all iTunes payments, Apple items, online automobile accessories and even dare to use my card to pay his mobile phone bill

Card centre CSO also surprised that those transactions can track the hacker down

PS. The troublesome part is I have to inform all payee about this and update all my new card details

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

A piece of advice (as what I have done):

Get 2 credit cards - 1 for use in Singapore and/or merchants in Singapore only + 1 for use in overseas (and also for all overseas payments).

• Praise 4

Happened to me a few years ago too. A transaction in Israel and DBS CSO called me near midnight to ask if I was there.

The transaction was promptly blocked and a new card posted to me within a few days.

• Praise 3

Looks like there is problem on iTunes and Apple store? I also received email from Apple that purchases have been made on iTunes, an invoice then email to me, and asking me to verify and click on the link if there is any discrepancy. I ignored the email and did not click on the link as i find the source of the email looks funny.

• Praise 3

A few years back , my DBS card was compromised ..

Kanna abt Euro 4k+....

All was billed to Air-tixs and was questioned by the CSO N finally cleared n i jitao cancelled all my DBS CCs......

Come to think of it, those Cheap Business class tixs lobang ummmmmhh

• Praise 7

Dear all MCFers

But I donât have sms alert for my 20 years old card

So I donât know what is happening

Your kid do one issit

Frankly I won’t be too surprise

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Actually with so much going on, how does the CC company ever make money.

I understand in most cases, CC cannot get the money back.

Sometimes I dont feel sorry for the CC.

Look at the following:

when you use your CC, most times the sales never bother to look if the signatures are identical let alone similar, I have signed with different signatures before and still go through

cards like AMEX lagi silly they got the card number and their code number both infront of the card, so someone taking a picture can use the card especially if website sites does not need SMS or email authentication

paywave or similar with credit card, if you loose your card, anybody can walk to 7-11 and use your card, do you think 7-11 will bother to review their CCTV video for a $2 purchase item

there are many flaws with the use of CC

DBS is really not on top of the game. Eg there was on several occasion when you visited their website it looks funny, you suspect and dare not use, you call them they outsource to philipines and they tell you yes it a fake site and they know about it but yet they dont issue any SMS or email warnings to their client.

how come with technology they cannot trace the person who use your card

• Praise 3

Found the Sms’s ..... was this the same message ?? Totally the person tried 4 times as I recieved 4 sms over a 2 day period

I also kana a few months back with my dbs card.  I got an sms at mid night stating my card was blocked . I didnt notice 

it till next day  [:|]

The next morning when I checked with dbs , they told me someone used the card in US and UK . A few transactions

were made . Largest were $4K   [knife]  . Anyway , DBS said they will take up with the merchants . 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4