Today my credit card was hacked

Inlinefour

On informing the payees, maybe can just ignore them and let them send you a notice when they can't debit your hacked card.

Usually when I change card due to expiry date, I will receive a notice from some of the payees because I forgot that I should inform them.

Edited by Lotr
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Few types of credit card fraud.. usually for online or those card not present charges.. banks will usually refund for you

Unfortunately there is really no 100% protection over such incident .. syndicates and run programmes to generate card number and the cvv code

Best is to use at website which are secured.. eg verified by visa etc and reputable retailers ( make sure u keep an eye on the card)

Also set the Sms transactions alert to the lowest possible if u are worried.. this will prevent further losses

Edited by Budgetice
  • Praise 2

You atas lah - go overseas those bugs bunny clubs lah!..... mine cheapo cheapo oni $1.65 looney itunes  

I also kana a few months back with my dbs card.  I got an sms at mid night stating my card was blocked . I didnt notice 

it till next day  [:|]

The next morning when I checked with dbs , they told me someone used the card in US and UK . A few transactions

were made . Largest were $4K   [knife]  . Anyway , DBS said they will take up with the merchants . 

I got SMS notification from China Merchants Bank for every transaction.

Why can't Singapore banks do that le?

Sg banks only send you SMS notification for above certain amount de. It is above $1k?

I’m talking about the POSB everyday card here

WoW we have same fate  :a-bang:

I also kena before and also the perpetrator using in iTunes and Apple store. It was a Citibank card I think.

We are same boat with Molly  [:(]

A piece of advice (as what I have done):

Get 2 credit cards - 1 for use in Singapore and/or merchants in Singapore only + 1 for use in overseas (and also for all overseas payments).

Thanks brother for your advice  [thumbsup]

Found the Sms’s ..... was this the same message ?? Totally the person tried 4 times as I recieved 4 sms over a 2 day period

WoW we facing problems from the fruit  [knife]

There must be a loophole between iTunes and DBS, i also receive sms from dbs on unsuccessful deductions for iTunes purchase.

No wonder I talk to Apple CSO she seems not surprised at all  [sweatdrop]

Happened to me a few years ago too. A transaction in Israel and DBS CSO called me near midnight to ask if I was there.

The transaction was promptly blocked and a new card posted to me within a few days.

DBS CSO really helpful to me too...she told me recent years many hack incident happened  [:/]

Looks like there is problem on iTunes and Apple store? I also received email from Apple that purchases have been made on iTunes, an invoice then email to me, and asking me to verify and click on the link if there is any discrepancy. I ignored the email and did not click on the link as i find the source of the email looks funny.

Apple CSO also advised me on this Pfishing email [thumbsup]

skali is iTunes staff or ex-staff do-hand-leg 做手脚 [sweatdrop]

Apple CSO insisted that not their problem  [dizzy]

A few years back , my DBS card was compromised ..

Kanna abt Euro 4k+....

All was billed to Air-tixs and was questioned by the CSO N finally cleared n i jitao cancelled all my DBS CCs......

Come to think of it, those Cheap Business class tixs lobang ummmmmhh

Sg banks only send you SMS notification for above certain amount de. It is above $1k?

Not really. When I went backpacking round the world, I got the bank to send me ams for every transaction of more than $1.00 cos I was in Russia and I was afraid of hacking or POSB might think my card was hacked because of sudden influx of transactions from Russia.

And yes, request was approved. Every time I used the card to eat at the fast food there i get a sms notification......

And yes it is POSB everyday card.

So it's not only for above $1k. Can be above $1 also.

• Praise 3

Actually with so much going on, how does the CC company ever make money.

I understand in most cases, CC cannot get the money back.

Sometimes I dont feel sorry for the CC.

Look at the following:

when you use your CC, most times the sales never bother to look if the signatures are identical let alone similar, I have signed with different signatures before and still go through

cards like AMEX lagi silly they got the card number and their code number both infront of the card, so someone taking a picture can use the card especially if website sites does not need SMS or email authentication

paywave or similar with credit card, if you loose your card, anybody can walk to 7-11 and use your card, do you think 7-11 will bother to review their CCTV video for a $2 purchase item

there are many flaws with the use of CC

DBS is really not on top of the game. Eg there was on several occasion when you visited their website it looks funny, you suspect and dare not use, you call them they outsource to philipines and they tell you yes it a fake site and they know about it but yet they dont issue any SMS or email warnings to their client.

how come with technology they cannot trace the person who use your card

Apple will refund all fraud charges to my card according to the CSO [:)]

Cos I only use this card for all Apple transactions

Devices, apple care, accessories and iTunes etc 

So after she check and confirmed this BolehLand Hacker use my card for all the purchases [furious]

He is using my card as his Apple ID payment source...really daring  [dizzy]

Moving forward, pay by handphone app eg: scan code thingy - or wechat - will be safer ?

Cos if handphone lost, got fingerprint or pin to unlock before you can use it! haha

Technology advanced and Hackers also improved  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1