SG new PM

Krieger

The problem with Singapore politiks me thinks is the chronic problem of BOH talent in opposition. I would love to see the many talents here stand up and be counted.. take the form, form a party and put your name on the ballot paper..

Have la... just that character assassination have been refined to an art. And voters cannot see beyond threats of estate upgrading.

Just imagine if an opposition candidate say:

500k pay is undignified.

1M maybe not worth serving.

People who learn dialects are not smart.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/08/13/chee-hong-tats-remarks-on-dialects-attract-criticisms-again-6-years-on/amp/

People might even be arrested user ISD for the dialect remark.

But they ALL in govt.

• Praise 1

The problem with Singapore politiks me thinks is the chronic problem of BOH talent in opposition. I would love to see the many talents here stand up and be counted.. take the form, form a party and put your name on the ballot paper..

A large part of the reason is probably because people have no critical thinking. Government says no talent in opposition. Oh that's the gospel truth.

Edited by Porker
  • Praise 5

A large part of the reason is probably because people have no critical thinking. Government says no talent in opposition. Oh that's the gospel truth.

There are so many ppl here with critical thinking capability. It’s how many of this group of critical thinking folks will go and start a party and put their names on the ballot paper. Heng I personally dont have this critical thinking capability and no balls to put name on ballot paper.

Just need to accept the fact that 60% dun wanna rock the boat, come what may.

20% die die wanna bring down the incumbent.... regardless of 10% growth or Great Depression.

The battle every 5 years is for the 20% who keep changing their minds, ya the intellectuals....... oops MCF sibeh many.....

In the end, based on statistics....... always status quo....... at least for the next 10 years.

• Praise 1

There are so many ppl here with critical thinking capability. It’s how many of this group of critical thinking folks will go and start a party and put their names on the ballot paper. Heng I personally dont have this critical thinking capability and no balls to put name on ballot paper.

• Praise 1

So if there is no democracy then there is no freedom of speech there is no spreading poison?

Really. So in a dictatorship there is no spreading poison?

Simi logic? Spreading poison is nothing to do with democracy or freedom of speech.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 7

http://theindependent.sg/k-shanmugam-backs-hsk-and-ccs-but-says-the-main-issue-is-politics-once-you-dont-get-it-right-then-the-people-suffer/

“The main issue is politics. Once you don’t get it right, then the people suffer. The individuals in power are brilliant, they are well-meaning, they are capable…”

This is so deep.. in so many levels... who in the right mind considers local politics "right"..

I find this part more enigmatic....is he trying to hint at something?

“The main issue is politics. Once you don’t get it right, then the people suffer. The individuals in power are brilliant, they are well-meaning, they are capable…but the system as a whole prevents them from having the right solutions.”

Assuming he was not "misquoted" or " taken out of context", he is essentially saying that the current PAP internal system is preventing the solutions that are right/appropriate from being administered.

I will further interpret it as saying that any policies and solutions might have been implemented for the best interest of PAP (for political mileage) rather than good of Singaporeans.

http://theindependent.sg/k-shanmugam-backs-hsk-and-ccs-but-says-the-main-issue-is-politics-once-you-dont-get-it-right-then-the-people-suffer/

“The main issue is politics. Once you don’t get it right, then the people suffer. The individuals in power are brilliant, they are well-meaning, they are capable…”

This is so deep.. in so many levels... who in the right mind considers local politics "right"..

I find this part more enigmatic....is he trying to hint at something?

Assuming he was not "misquoted" or " taken out of context", he is essentially saying that the current PAP internal system is preventing the solutions that are right/appropriate from being administered.

I will further interpret it as saying that any policies and solutions might have been implemented for the best interest of PAP (for political mileage) rather than good of Singaporeans.

Had me scratching my head too.. how to interpret the "right" part is hard enough.

The internal stuff is too cheem.

Edited by Playtime

So if there is no democracy then there is no freedom of speech there is no spreading poison?

Really. So in a dictatorship there is no spreading poison?

Simi logic? Spreading poison is nothing to do with democracy or freedom of speech.

:D

Good post. Can't say it any better.
↡ Advertisement