Maid or foreign domestic helper borrowing money from loan sh

Staff69

hi all,

just thought that i should share my sister's experience with her helper that borrow from 2 loan sharks and 3 or 4 ( not sure )credit company, total amount about 9k

initially, didnt want to bring it up but found out that the former helper is trying again to come back singapore and presumably, repeat the same trick of applying lots of illegal and legal loans then escaping back to Philippines

below are her details,

her name

Maribel Cabigas Turalba

attachment=272632:Screenshot_20181127-001422_Samsung Internet.jpg]

hopefully, might save future employers from further troubles

and this thread might be a good reference point for prospective employers

post-131345-0-30005000-1543249704_thumb.jpg

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

all these sharks also brainless, how are they possibly gonna repay ? By doing sideline or something illegal ?? Or to suck them in to be chickens ? 

I see many of suck legal Ah Longs pasting on their shop front signs like "Domestic workers welcome" 

hi all,

just thought that i should share my sister's experience with her helper that borrow from 2 loan sharks and 3 or 4 ( not sure )credit company, total amount about 9k

initially, didnt want to bring it up but found out that the former helper is trying again to come back singapore and presumably, repeat the same trick of applying lots of illegal and legal loans then escaping back to Philippines

below are her details,

her name

Maribel Cabigas Turalba

I thought you are blacklisting the ex maid that previously harassed you...
  • Praise 1

You can maybe make a report to MOM so that the maid is flagged , meaning when the next Agent when she tries to come in back , the Agent will suspect something and can call the previous employer up to find out the issue, I did that to my previous maid about 4 years back ...... though not loan shark related but other issues , police could not do much but warn but I submitted the Police Report to MOM , which said cannot black list but only flag her

• Praise 2

Her profile is Single but got 3 children. Then there are 4 children ages. Profile already very fishy.

Very common in Pinoys .... love kids as they are called
  • Praise 2

You can maybe make a report to MOM so that the maid is flagged , meaning when the next Agent when she tries to come in back , the Agent will suspect something and can call the previous employer up to find out the issue, I did that to my previous maid about 4 years back ...... though not loan shark related but other issues , police could not do much but warn but I submitted the Police Report to MOM , which said cannot black list but only flag her

My sister did that already

But found out there is another 1 ex employer that offer their contact should anyone is keen to contact her ex employer

Just hope that this could be a useful data base for anyone wanting to pre scan their potential helper and see any red flags

I thought you are blacklisting the ex maid that previously harassed you... ð

The previous is hard working but i guess far away from home and perhaps loneliness drove her to do stupid stuffs

Anyway, i don't touch people's wife or gf

• Praise 1

Basket, now we know what Radx really look like.

hi all,

below are her details,

her name
Maribel Cabigas Turalba

• Praise 2

Have seen before long queue of domestic helpers outside those legalised money lender during weekends  [sweatdrop]

Initially i thought they queuing to send $$$ back home until I see the company signage [dead]

Machiam queuing for 'Hello Kitty' collectibles like that [gossip]

• Praise 3

In their country, they happy stays together and have children. Not happy just split.    :ignoring:

No paper bonding .... :we-all-gonna-die:

think its against the law to divorce.

Philippine law doesn't allow divorces, however, it does allow for legal separation, annulment and marriage "voids" under the Family Code of the Philippines

• Praise 1

think its against the law to divorce.

It's the religion (see her religion status) and the culture going on behind it.

Divorcees faces a lot of judgement. So it's better to stay single and not get married when they know there's the likelihood that the marriage would fail. This is especially for the lower income. For their country a number of the population are in poverty. They want to have a family but got no money to sustain it.

I think the maid has financial difficulty raising 3-4 children on her own...obviously. She most likely take loan from loan sharks from her own country to come here to work. Who else would loan them money to repay the loan sharks? LL have to borrow more from here.

Edited by Watwheels

It's the religion (see her religion status) and the culture going on behind it.

Divorcees faces a lot of judgement. So it's better to stay single and not get married when they know there's the likelihood that the marriage would fail. This is especially for the lower income. For their country a number of the population are in poverty. They want to have a family but got no money to sustain it.

I think the maid has financial difficulty raising 3-4 children on her own...obviously. She most likely take loan from loan sharks from her own country to come here to work. Who else would loan them money to repay the loan sharks? LL have to borrow more from here.

digging a deeper hole only.

digging a deeper hole only.

desperate to make ends meet. Luckily we are not in their shoes....thank God! The better educated becomes professionals in our land with certs obtained from BananaLand. The lower SES becomes hard-labor overseas leaving behind families and have affairs (not only pinoy). Some just lose their directions and gets into problems instead of earning and getting their children out of the poverty trap. I know 1 whose relatives treat her like an atm machine just because they are taking care of her son....sad case as she was mistreated and malnourished during her 1st stint in SG.....managed to ran away without even a slipper and made a police report with the help of a pinoy professional who accidently bumped into her.

Loan sharks don't care who borrow the money as long as someone pays them. In this case the employers whose details are on the FDW permit cards.

all these sharks also brainless, how are they possibly gonna repay ? By doing sideline or something illegal ?? Or to suck them in to be chickens ? 

I see many of suck legal Ah Longs pasting on their shop front signs like "Domestic workers welcome" 

• Praise 2