2.5 camry hybrid vs 2.5 mazda 6

villan

2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Australia model should come with CarPlay and Andriod Auto from factory.

Apparently need an extra module. Carousell also have this service. $700 to $800. 😫

↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

How to check?

I recall this information can be found in your car manual. 

Basically the newer model saves more fuel. 

Mine is doing 5l/100km on highway and 6.5 in pure city driving. With Li-ion you can get better result

22 minutes ago, Yuning said:

I recall this information can be found in your car manual. 

Basically the newer model saves more fuel. 

Mine is doing 5l/100km on highway and 6.5 in pure city driving. With Li-ion you can get better result

I will check the manual tonight and update later. Car production date from door label is 3/2020 or 4/2020. Maybe from this can tell already.

22 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I will check the manual tonight and update later. Car production date from door label is 3/2020 or 4/2020. Maybe from this can tell already.

I think it is still the same old model. Mine is also produced at the same time! Those PIs must have bought large numbers of camries at the same batch.. 

Neutral Newbie

Just to share my experience during the first covid lock down with my 2018 Camry hybrid , during that time i avoided to traveling around so what i did was to start the car for abt 15min but such short start up is not sufficient to charge up the 12v batt at abt 1.5 mths later my batt died and was not able to even unlock the car with the remote so i had to open the doors with the key.

I was a AA member so i had to called them up to restart the car , there after i had to drive up to 1 hr to hv the 12v batt back to its normal state of 12.5v

Thereafter i was always careful and monitor the batt system, normally if you are driving for more then 20-30min yr batt will from 14.4 v back to the healthy 12.5v.

If yr car requires more then the 30min mean you should keep the driving till its reaches 12.5v where it is consider optimum condition .

My car came with the old type battery with option to refuel with battery water  , our Camry comes with a very small batt size which is used to boot up the car system and all other high electric consumption will be drawn from the main Li lon batt including charging charging back the 12v batt. 

As of today , i had only top up twice after the first died down very little battery water ( every 6mths), its still has the original batt from the manufacturer.

Incase , if yr car had ever hv similar situation dun just quickly change the 12v batt which i believe it will last a good long time. Just start it back and drive 1 hr or so and topup the water.

Just 1 more point dun 100% reply on the Cruise and brake , there are many time i notice the system may not brake and especially letting the car to stop for you in a stand still situation.

• Praise 2

Just to share on the FC and 3 items added to the car recently:

1) 360 camera system

This is necessary as the car is challenging to maneuver in my tiny car porch as I cannot afford a GCB, especially for my wife as it is her car. The current installer was chosen after visiting and calling a few workshops. A few said they not doing for this Camry and sound not too confident. The chosen installer claimed to have done for many Camrys and its 3D solution is priced very reasonably. One installer I enquired asked for $2k for similar system haha. The current installer has also been very helpful and patient with my queries, even hooking up new sets with their demo setup to let me see what I am getting.

Anyway fixed it up over the weekend with a latest with full HD 3D rendering variant. At least now can see all the obstacles clearly when at tight places so less stress. Highly recommended for those not so confident to handle the long car.

2) Auto folding side mirrors

This seems to be the most sought after add-on for PI Camry owners haha according to the workshop staff.

3) Door visor

Pleasantly surprised to get it for free after doing the above 2 items at the workshop. 

FC - Topup fuel for first time at about 45L. Managed to clock 800km, and work out to about 17.5km manual calculation. The reading is pretty close to that shown on the dashboard. Really happy with it as it is such a huge car and yet can achieve this kid of FC hah.

PM me if you keen to know the cost of installing the services. I not keen to be accused of promoting its services.

6 minutes ago, Tlks said:

@Heartlander hi. May I ask which model did u get? Ascent sports or the G or the SL? 

Ascent Sports, simply because my wife dislike the look of the Ascent variant, which I like actually. But it is for her so she get to choose.