COE bidding - 1st round of December 2018

Philipkee

Yup. Driving one now. Just that low coe makes it tempting to change cars.

My original plan is to keep the manual for 4 years then change but now coe is so low....

Why 4 years cos of PARF which is highest before 5 years and from experience Korean cars after 4 years need to undergo expensive repairs liao.

So which color you bought?

↡ Advertisement

My original plan is to keep the manual for 4 years then change but now coe is so low....

Why 4 years cos of PARF which is highest before 5 years and from experience Korean cars after 4 years need to undergo expensive repairs liao.

It’s only minimal diff in parf. 5% of arf paid is 1-2k at most.

U willing to stomach super high loss?

They might only take in your car at scrap plus a few k.

Reasons:

Accent doesn't sell

Manual doesn't sell

Coe falling

Edited by Friendstar

U willing to stomach super high loss?

They might only take in your car at scrap plus a few k.

Reasons:

Accent doesn't sell

Manual doesn't sell

Coe falling

The loss I can stomach if I really want the car. Right now I want the car not to the "really" level yet.

Right now if I have money for the downpayment I throw it into unit trusts for passive income. And with less money in my bank account, thr temptation to spend is not there.

When I really want it then I will buy. There is an even chance next year Christmas I will still be posting on this.

• Praise 1

The loss I can stomach if I really want the car. Right now I want the car not to the "really" level yet.

Right now if I have money for the downpayment I throw it into unit trusts for passive income. And with less money in my bank account, thr temptation to spend is not there.

When I really want it then I will buy. There is an even chance next year Christmas I will still be posting on this.

Wise decision Philip. By the way, if one will to buy new at high COE cycle and buy new again around 10 years time during the next high cycle, the average annual depreciation over 20 years may be higher than one who buy high, cut loss half way to buy a new one at lower COE like now.

It all depends on how much one pays for the two cars in total, you may want to do some simulation and see if your case fits the scenario described.

As always the case, in a falling COE climate, the group that enjoy the most are those with cars at 9/10 yr old, and those with COE renewed.

• Praise 1

Those with COE renewed already lose the parf value. What is there to enjoy?

As always the case, in a falling COE climate, the group that enjoy the most are those with cars at 9/10 yr old, and those with COE renewed.

Those with COE renewed already lose the parf value. What is there to enjoy?

Lose parf consider good liao. How much is typical parf? Let say 6 to 10k lah, compared to those bot at high coe and now fetch only paper+body, which is worse?
↡ Advertisement