131 people have fallen ill from food poisoning

Atonchia

What is wrong?
Another food poisoning case.

SINGAPORE - In yet another case of food poisoning, 131 people have fallen ill after consuming food from a caterer. The victims included Kindergarten 2 pupils and teachers who were attending a learning camp.

In a joint statement, the National Environmental Agency (NEA), Ministry of Health (MOH) and Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said that they were investigating an outbreak of gastroenteritis traced to the consumption of food prepared by FoodTalks Caterer & Manufacturer, located at Shimei East Kitchen in Bedok on Monday (Nov 26).

As of Tuesday, 131 cases of gastroenteritis have been reported. None of the victims have been hospitalised.

MOH, NEA and AVA conducted a joint inspection of the caterer's premises on Tuesday. As part of the investigations, food handlers were sent for stool screening, and food and environmental samples were taken for testing, the agencies said.

According to Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao, the food poisoning victims had attended a learning camp organised by Busy Bees Asia.

It is the third in a series of high-profile food-poisoning incidents that have occurred in the last month.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

What is wrong?

Another food poisoning case.

SINGAPORE - In yet another case of food poisoning, 131 people have fallen ill after consuming food from a caterer. The victims included Kindergarten 2 pupils and teachers who were attending a learning camp.

jialat … K2 students somemore …

I thk my xmas get together better DIY liow ...

Twincharged

I am taking my MIL to Tung Lok before its too late.

:D

Too late already.... They already cleared by nea liow... Got to wait for the next one ... Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

Too late already.... They already cleared by nea liow... Got to wait for the next one ...

Our food standards dropping so it's only a matter of time.

• Praise 1

She will live to have her name in the Guiness Books of Records for loooooooooongest living MIL.... err in SGP ...... just as you have the highest number of hits in MCF abt her  [laugh] , long live her SIL too   ......... :a-fun:        

I am taking my MIL to Tung Lok before its too late.

• Praise 4

She will live to have her name in the Guiness Books of Records for loooooooooongest living MIL.... err in SGP ...... just as you have the highest number of hits in MCF abt her [laugh] , long live her SIL too ......... :a-fun:

打不死的蟑螂...

Nothing is wrong. It's just that during year end festive, new year, cny season a lot of orders or demand for food catering. Chin chye rush out the food orders, hygiene compromised. Our population sized is increasing demand for food sure go up.

Home cooked food is the best. 

Absolutely.

Every time we eat out my missus gets a stomach problem.

And over 50% of the time I do as well.

Not bad enough to warrant a visit to the polyclinic but bad enough to feel nauseous.

I expect my MIL to have the meal of her life.

She is so lucky to have a SIL like you who will spare no expense until her breath is taken away.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Absolutely.

Every time we eat out my missus gets a stomach problem.

And over 50% of the time I do as well.

Not bad enough to warrant a visit to the polyclinic but bad enough to feel nauseous.

I don't know where you eat out but it seems your wife and your stomach are very delicate.
↡ Advertisement