Capital 21 - largest mall in JB

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

In case you've haven't heard about the latest opening of JB's largest mall, here it is.

https://www.8days.sg/seeanddo/thingstodo/we-were-at-johor-bahru-s-largest-new-mall-capital-21-on-opening-10840440

https://mothership.sg/2018/10/capital-21-jb-complaints/

So I went check it out recently, was such a huge disappointment. It finally hit me that JB has finally reached "mall saturation point". The theme park is desserted!!! Crowd was very thin. Many shop units weren't even taken up!!! They said it's not fully open yet, my guess is the mall is just too big to be filled up. There were 2 floors entirely empty. Not to say the ground or 2nd floor are entirely taken. So some may think it's still work in progress, I went on a weekday but hardly see any contractors working to complete any unfinished/vacant units. So I deduce it's gonna remain like this or worst - current tenants calling it quit.

Even Paradigm Mall is quite empty, but at least it look decent. Well, I wonder how these malls gonna survive in 6months or 1 year. Will see.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

In case you've haven't heard about the latest opening of JB's largest mall, here it is.

https://www.8days.sg/seeanddo/thingstodo/we-were-at-johor-bahru-s-largest-new-mall-capital-21-on-opening-10840440

So I went check it out recently, was such a huge disappointment. It finally hit me that JB has finally reached "mall saturation point". The theme park is desserted!!! Crowd was very thin. Many shop units weren't even taken up!!! They said it's not fully open yet, my guess is the mall is just too big to be filled up. There were 2 floors entirely empty. Not to say the ground or 2nd floor are entirely taken. So some may think it's still work in progress, I went on a weekday but hardly see any contractors working to complete any unfinished/vacant units. So I deduce it's gonna remain like this or worst - current tenants calling it quit.

Even Paradigm Mall is quite empty, but at least it look decent. Well, I wonder how these malls gonna survive in 6months or 1 year. Will see.

Nothing beat the crowd at city square or aeon bukit indah

So I went check it out recently, was such a huge disappointment. It finally hit me that JB has finally reached "mall saturation point". The theme park is desserted!!! Crowd was very thin. Many shop units weren't even taken up!!! They said it's not fully open yet, my guess is the mall is just too big to be filled up. There were 2 floors entirely empty. Not to say the ground or 2nd floor are entirely taken. So some may think it's still work in progress, I went on a weekday but hardly see any contractors working to complete any unfinished/vacant units. So I deduce it's gonna remain like this or worst - current tenants calling it quit.

I went to Legoland two weeks back on Sat & Sun during the sch holidays. Not very crowded, quite surprised no need to Q for long for the rides considering it should be the peak period. 

• Praise 1

Nothing beat the crowd at city square or aeon bukit indah

Crowd at Aeon Tebrau city & KSL not bad either. 

Too may new+big mall. Guess only the fitter will survive in 2-3years time.

• Praise 2

even Berjaya Time Square in KL are not fully occupied, who actually walk through 10 storey of the mall, i think by 6th floor there are nothing much to see and many units vacant on upper floor.

even Berjaya Time Square in KL are not fully occupied, who actually walk through 10 storey of the mall, i think by 6th floor there are nothing much to see and many units vacant on upper floor.

There's 10 stories of mall? 

The newer malls in JB maybe quite a distance from custom? Thats why no people go there?

the new malls all boring also. paradigm also ntg much. they market it to be bigger than vivo city... but the shops are boring and crowd is dead. just lots of walking space..wouldnt bother going there.

• Praise 2

the new malls all boring also. paradigm also ntg much. they market it to be bigger than vivo city... but the shops are boring and crowd is dead. just lots of walking space..wouldnt bother going there.

Maybe these new malls are cursed? Think people still prefer to go back to those older malls to shop. 

Dead mall, not so good location. Big but almost nothing to see. Good if you like to exercise though. 

KSL/Aeon Tebrau/Bukit Indah is still the best. Paradigm wise is ok-ish only.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

End of the day it still boils down to location location location. Paridigm and Capital 21 is quite far out from the point of custom. Any mall along the Tebrau Highway stretch can be easily accessible to even non-driving Singaporeans.

• Praise 1

Dead mall, not so good location. Big but almost nothing to see. Good if you like to exercise though. 

KSL/Aeon Tebrau/Bukit Indah is still the best. Paradigm wise is ok-ish only.

Looks like people only go to KSL/Aeon Tebrau/Bukit Indah/City Square, all others newly opened mall not as crowded as these malls?!