Capital 21 - largest mall in JB

Zxcvb

On 11/4/2019 at 10:28 AM, Dafansu said:

TOPPEN will be the next hot new mall, the rest can ignore. 

Opens tomorrow!!!

• Praise 1

On 11/2/2019 at 11:46 AM, Zxcvb said:

More shopping coming up!!! 

Good to see this.....actually as one of the biggest city in Msia, JB has been under-developed for decades and it is good to see that they are now coming up with a lot of development in the last 5-10 years or so.

Will these malls survive? I think they will because the Johoreans are also slowly getting more affluent. I always look at JB like Spore 20 years ago.  As long they get their roads and infrastructure done up properly, people will go. 

The challenge fo JB now is to get people living in those condos which may be an oversupply now.  But with more industrial, commercial  and retails built over there now , I think filling up those condos is just a matter of time.

• Praise 1

fully agreed with i

3 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Good to see this.....actually as one of the biggest city in Msia, JB has been under-developed for decades and it is good to see that they are now coming up with a lot of development in the last 5-10 years or so.

Will these malls survive? I think they will because the Johoreans are also slowly getting more affluent. I always look at JB like Spore 20 years ago.  As long they get their roads and infrastructure done up properly, people will go. 

The challenge fo JB now is to get people living in those condos which may be an oversupply now.  But with more industrial, commercial  and retails built over there now , I think filling up those condos is just a matter of time.

agree with your point. JB indeed can develop bigger, better and further

however, the problem is JB or msia for that matter can “build” 2F2F but they cannot “develop” the whole shebang that actually work and sustainable ...

On 12/6/2018 at 11:14 PM, Icedbs said:

Most of you are dissapointed because you do not understand how they function.  You expect them to be like Singapore malls......the moment they are open, they are packed to the brim with radio deejays creating the hype, with the only complains being cannot find car park or could not get out of the carpark.

The Johoreans know how these malls work and they won't step in there until 6 months or a year later. They are not excited about new malls because quite honestly, they already have all their usual makan and shopping places and those were already plentiful. New malls to Johoreans , in their mind, are more to serve Singaporeans which means expensive to everything.

30 years ago, Holiday Plaza was the longest mall in South East Asia and it was relatively empty for at least a year. The only stalls buzzing was McDonalds and KFC which was one of the earliest branches in JB.  Later, the bowling alleys opened, followed by the cinema. It then became one of the busiest shopping mall in JB before all the KSL and City Square malls opened and pull away some of the businesses. 

Give them time, The Johoreans don't work with the same pace as Sporeans. They value family time, or mingling around their neighbourhood and fiends rather than hanging out at the next new mall. The malls know this and they too take their time in getting the tenants and the place ready. 

Eat your words. TUTUP LIAO!!! 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Eat your words. TUTUP LIAO!!! 

this project will be abandoned and leave it to rot even 20 yrs later.

If those condo beside were TOP and people have moved in, really an eyesore to face the mall everyday [sweatdrop]

construction not finish = tutup soon

finish building = how long can tahan?

my johor friend said this one also ghost town liao ... 

and they miss us deep deep ... lol

4194947B-C218-4248-95B0-A4CDEA855235.jpeg

A9E68C2E-53FA-4B85-8B0E-CA35D8298282.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

construction not finish = tutup soon

finish building = how long can tahan?

my johor friend said this one also ghost town liao ... 

and they miss us deep deep ... lol

4194947B-C218-4248-95B0-A4CDEA855235.jpeg

A9E68C2E-53FA-4B85-8B0E-CA35D8298282.png

Paradigm is my fav mall not too crowded and wide variety of shops. They definitely miss me😂

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Paradigm is my fav mall not too crowded and wide variety of shops. They definitely miss me😂

been there twice ... quiet and not crowded indeed ...

footfall definitely no fight with city square

Edited by Wt_know

24 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

been there twice ... quiet and not crowded indeed ...

footfall definitely no fight with city square

Yah cos city square good for ppl with no car

most ppl visit paradigm drive one

Good thing about paradigm is that they have supermarket though not cheap but some items cheaper than sg. City sq no supermarket

13 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah cos city square good for ppl with no car

most ppl visit paradigm drive one

Good thing about paradigm is that they have supermarket though not cheap but some items cheaper than sg. City sq no supermarket

City Square have a small one at basement right?

↡ Advertisement