Capital 21 - largest mall in JB

Zxcvb

Dead mall, not so good location. Big but almost nothing to see. Good if you like to exercise though.

KSL/Aeon Tebrau/Bukit Indah is still the best. Paradigm wise is ok-ish only.

I went there last week.. Its was such a failure.. 75% empty, very dusty, some level is closed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Most of you are dissapointed because you do not understand how they function.  You expect them to be like Singapore malls......the moment they are open, they are packed to the brim with radio deejays creating the hype, with the only complains being cannot find car park or could not get out of the carpark.

The Johoreans know how these malls work and they won't step in there until 6 months or a year later. They are not excited about new malls because quite honestly, they already have all their usual makan and shopping places and those were already plentiful. New malls to Johoreans , in their mind, are more to serve Singaporeans which means expensive to everything.

30 years ago, Holiday Plaza was the longest mall in South East Asia and it was relatively empty for at least a year. The only stalls buzzing was McDonalds and KFC which was one of the earliest branches in JB.  Later, the bowling alleys opened, followed by the cinema. It then became one of the busiest shopping mall in JB before all the KSL and City Square malls opened and pull away some of the businesses. 

Give them time, The Johoreans don't work with the same pace as Sporeans. They value family time, or mingling around their neighbourhood and fiends rather than hanging out at the next new mall. The malls know this and they too take their time in getting the tenants and the place ready. 

• Praise 6

Most of you are dissapointed because you do not understand how they function.  You expect them to be like Singapore malls......the moment they are open, they are packed to the brim with radio deejays creating the hype, with the only complains being cannot find car park or could not get out of the carpark.

The Johoreans know how these malls work and they won't step in there until 6 months or a year later. They are not excited about new malls because quite honestly, they already have all their usual makan and shopping places and those were already plentiful. New malls to Johoreans , in their mind, are more to serve Singaporeans which means expensive to everything.

30 years ago, Holiday Plaza was the longest mall in South East Asia and it was relatively empty for at least a year. The only stalls buzzing was McDonalds and KFC which was one of the earliest branches in JB.  Later, the bowling alleys opened, followed by the cinema. It then became one of the busiest shopping mall in JB before all the KSL and City Square malls opened and pull away some of the businesses. 

Give them time, The Johoreans don't work with the same pace as Sporeans. They value family time, or mingling around their neighbourhood and fiends rather than hanging out at the next new mall. The malls know this and they too take their time in getting the tenants and the place ready. 

i agree with this. sporean all kiasu. new thing only must b the first few to b there. then can post here post there that they had already went to this new place. then all cluster-fark together make the place super crowded. after that complain here complain there bcos of the crowd. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Capital.City(Retail & Hotel suite)Owners, PM ME!!!
Capital City know as Capitalworld listed in SGX....
-> Currently the mall is undergoing restructuring of tenant, mall concept and etc, 
We would like all Retail and Hotel suite investor or Owners to PM and get into group 
for discussion and updates on your property valuation and many more to come.... 
Pls pm me as i will bring you to the group....

I think you are trying to get yourself banned.

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged

We just want the mall to improve thereafter, we're all the owner of shop.... 

From the forum rules:

Ads & Solicitation

No advertisement or solicitation of any kind is allowed in MCF forums unless you are a paying sponsor. Any threads or posting which are deemed to be unauthorised solicitation or advertisement of services will be deleted promptly. Please read How to become a sponsor for more information.

Maybe you can advertise your shops with MCF?

• Praise 1

From my perspective, Malaysian are very different from Singaporean in many ways. Therefore, these mega shopping malls in JB will not work over there and it has proven from many that have since closed due to the newer ones.

Singaporean has no where to go after their busy days/weeks, shopping and eating is just about their leisure. Singaporean queue hours at the custom just to get in to shop and eat. How many Malaysian actually queue to shop and eat here? They came to work. So these malls are for Singaporean or which other foreigners? 

Malaysian will treat them as an airconditioned place to walk around. Maybe the supermarts will have some biz but then how about the rest of the shops?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

From my perspective, Malaysian are very different from Singaporean in many ways. Therefore, these mega shopping malls in JB will not work over there and it has proven from many that have since closed due to the newer ones.

Singaporean has no where to go after their busy days/weeks, shopping and eating is just about their leisure. Singaporean queue hours at the custom just to get in to shop and eat. How many Malaysian actually queue to shop and eat here? They came to work. So these malls are for Singaporean or which other foreigners? 

Malaysian will treat them as an airconditioned place to walk around. Maybe the supermarts will have some biz but then how about the rest of the shops?

The only one that works will be City Square Mall, AEON Tebrau City, IKEA and maybe the upcoming Toppen Mall and Mid Valley SouthKey Mall. The rest can forgo. 

• Praise 1

The only one that works will be City Square Mall, AEON Tebrau City, IKEA and maybe the upcoming Toppen Mall and Mid Valley SouthKey Mall. The rest can forgo.

Yeah those that have direct transportation services. Somehow malaysia works differently from china. China build infrastructure and road first but malaysia build nice buildings first haha

Didnt know JB still have toppen mall and mid valley sothkey mall? So far i think only city square, KSL and Tebrau city mall have business. Esp those malls near custom then have on-going business.

Turbocharged

Didnt know JB still have toppen mall and mid valley sothkey mall? So far i think only city square, KSL and Tebrau city mall have business. Esp those malls near custom then have on-going business.

Toppen and Mid Valley opening this year. 

Toppen

Mid Valley

• Praise 2

Toppen and Mid Valley opening this year. 

All the malls in JB so big, business must be good to sustain in the long run.

just like forest city, takes a while to start to fill up.

Malaysian are less image conscientious I think and prefer Value and are more price sensitive.

Turbocharged

All the malls in JB so big, business must be good to sustain in the long run.

Mid valley will be the biggest one in johor. Toppen likely to leverage on IKEA and Tebrau AEON. Likely both will be popular. 

Edited by Dafansu

I was there when they first started just couldn't take off. No major anchor tenant and you need to drive to visit the place.

Look at Holiday Inn and Sentosa today.

We n msia bff ... know them too well to know what will happen . Always nice at the beginning but always half done. Later on ... become worst.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3