Capital 21 - largest mall in JB

Zxcvb

Hypersonic

I seldom go into JB, but I happen to go to AEON and Ikea recently.

I find their prices similar with SG prices. Are they really cheaper?

Why do so many Sporeans go in to buy groceries when prices is quite similar even after the exchange rate? Even the restaurant food or fast food prices are quite similar.

And I am thinking that if the grocery prices are quite similar to SG prices, how on earth can the Msians afford it since their pay is way lower than Sporeans? (and this is why many Msians come to SG to work)

Or am I missing something? Or is there some food or grocery that is really cheaper?

I don't consciously hunt for any item that is cheaper. Neither do i buy the actual groceries. haha takes too much effort to know what items r cheaper.

But i usually buy stuff like toothpaste especially children's and things like nivea sunscreen for the kids.

Those r usually cheaper than sg.

↡ Advertisement

rather small compared to Tebrau

Actually I dun quite fancy shopping mall food. I aim for shop house food which I feel much nicer and traditional feel... something which is vanishing at rapid rate in Singapore.

I seldom go into JB, but I happen to go to AEON and Ikea recently.

I find their prices similar with SG prices. Are they really cheaper?

Why do so many Sporeans go in to buy groceries when prices is quite similar even after the exchange rate? Even the restaurant food or fast food prices are quite similar.

And I am thinking that if the grocery prices are quite similar to SG prices, how on earth can the Msians afford it since their pay is way lower than Sporeans? (and this is why many Msians come to SG to work)

Or am I missing something? Or is there some food or grocery that is really cheaper?

Bro..depending what you buy...for once...popular bookshop is cheaper.. Lavender bakery....in Jusco certain thing like diapers, toilet roll, detergent etc are cheaper......watching movie is cheaper...Imax some more...food wise...there are a few good one like Laollao...Arashi...Kang Sifu....Dagon i etc can eat...parking also cheap...so still no win? [:p]

Bro..depending what you buy...for once...popular bookshop is cheaper.. Lavender bakery....in Jusco certain thing like diapers, toilet roll, detergent etc are cheaper......watching movie is cheaper...Imax some more...food wise...there are a few good one like Laollao...Arashi...Kang Sifu....Dagon i etc can eat...parking also cheap...so still no win? [:p]

bullet is also cheap  [laugh]  [laugh]

Turbocharged

i think it's a global trend

too many malls built, stiff competition from online and delivery... end up many malls become ghost towns

it's not only happening in Singapore and Malaysia, but US and China too

Was at jb mid valley and surprisingly really limited food there.

In the end have to eat these supposedly from KL chain. 

and lor mee.... 

post-25943-0-24733800-1560096209_thumb.jpg

post-25943-0-91698300-1560096227_thumb.jpg

post-25943-0-72273300-1560096486_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Was at jb mid valley and surprisingly really limited food there.

In the end have to eat these supposedly from KL chain.

and lor mee....

Still got one level not open yet. Maybe more F&B agree that limited for now.

What to see in mid valley? Many shops and eatery there?

Currently the biggest mall in JB. But then still prefer AEON Tebrau

What to see in mid valley? Many shops and eatery there?

Currently the biggest mall in JB. But then still prefer AEON Tebrau
  • Praise 1

It's pure madness. Every mall is chasing for footfall. Clearly more square ft of mall space than people.

Those malls that are stand-alone, with no infrastructure or amenities nearby will not be able to sustain.

↡ Advertisement