Huawei CFO arrested for violating US sanctions on Iran

StreetFight3r

I feel sorry for China.

They had to let 2 very dangerous evil criminals go free because Canada bully them.

Is that fair to China or not. 

Fair or not?

:D

• Haha! 4

2 hours ago, happy_man said:

I read that ST had been bleeding badly for sometime - Perhaps stakeholders like you should learn a little more about winning customers rather than wasting time in MCF. 😜

Bleeding? You must be joking. Sembawang Marine seems to be so. Both starts with S.

You think ST bleeding, you have not seen my pay check?

Again your lack of discipline in not taking effort to read ST, has lead to misinformation.

Why do we need to actively look for new customers? We are going to be part or wholely financed by the likes of you. 

You think SIA will be bankrupt? ST is like SIA. We are here to correct misinformation and the stray to be enlightened.

With ST your future is secure. Go subscribe for 1 year.

I think evil Canada only arrested nice HW girl just to bully China to release those 2 Canada super evil spies.

China very kind had to let the 2 evil mastermind spies do that innocent meng meng go free.

Evil Canada breaker of every law. Local, international, public law, private law, Jude law.

You all think only you Canada lovers can make things up huh?

We pro China supporters also can make any kind of rubbish up.

And we are better than you at it.

"Learn your lesson from this episode. Know who is your real big brother!!" (Hint: Don't look south, instead look across the water)  😁

China says Canada should 'draw lessons' from Huawei executive case

The release of Huawei chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou shows China's strength and Canada should "draw lessons", China's foreign ministry said on Monday (Sep 27), after state media called it an opportunity for a reboot of bilateral relations.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/huawei-meng-wanzhou-release-china-canada-us-2205041

• Haha! 1

If China succumbed to Western pressure by releasing the two Canadians, it would be admitting de facto that China could easily compromise the principles of supremacy of the law and fairness in the application of the law.

@Falc  I realised over the years that a lot of world view is driven by what media you consume. 

I have been reading NYT, Reuters, WSJ, Bloomberg daily for more many years, thinking that they are the gold standard of journalism.  Of late, I have realised not so much. 

There were leaked documents on Reuters and BBC accepting a mandate from the British foreign office to weaken Russia. https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-02-25/Reuters-BBC-participated-in-UK-FCO-s-project-to-weaken-Russia-report-Ya0X5PBHTq/index.html

I have read Bloomberg opinion pieces daily for years, reading about anti China articles after anti China articles, about the imminent collapse of China due to debt, corruption, Tibet, etc.  Sold all my China stocks multiple times, but nothing seemed to happen.  Then I realised recently that most of the opinion writers for Bloomberg are either current or ex National Security agency employees, or US think tank strategists, with a mandate to stir up paranoia on China. 

US is not a clean operator - see Alstrom, Toshiba.  For this Huawei case, it was quite evident what the US was doing from the start, and a large group of highly respected ex-diplomats and MPs in Canada pushed to free Meng because they saw very clearly what was happening and did not like Canada being used in that way. That said, China is not clean either. Like Kishore said, superpowers are not nice. 

This analyst says it quite well - its a dangerous game that the US is playing, starting a "lawfare" against Huawei.  They succeeded in hobbling Huawei, but they lose their moral compass and authority along the way. 

Edited by fungyee77
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

People just read NYT, Reuters, WSJ, Bloomberg and they think they know everything.

Please lah read Russia Today and Al jazeera.

Have an unbias approach.

12 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Some people don't know how to think one.

To be fair, the whole think tank driven ecosystem is very convincing ... 

And whatever the powers that be cannot influence or control, they parachute in "independent" agencies like Reporters Without Borders to rank lowly on press freedom indices, which they then broadcast through their friendly media loudhailers ... 

• Praise 3

Pro China supporters please come help me support China's greatest friend and ally North Korea and great leader Fatty Kim.

At every opportunity make something nice up about Fatty Kim like how you do for Xi.

I start. Kim is a very nice and kind young man just like Xi.

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

People just read NYT, Reuters, WSJ, Bloomberg and they think they know everything.

Please lah read Russia Today and Al jazeera.

Have an unbias approach.

Yep.  The Grayzone is decent as well. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Support!

Just now, fungyee77 said:

And whatever the powers that be cannot influence or control, they parachute in "independent" agencies like Reporters Without Borders to rank lowly on press freedom indices, which they then broadcast through their friendly media loudhailers ... 

9 minutes ago, fungyee77 said:

alamak.. our st..

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1