Leave home without your wallet

Jman888

My experience in past 2 days where one of the day i forgot to bring my wallet out.

Day 1 - with wallet but never get to use cash 

- Went to the physio at NUH, after the session i went to make payment, counter nurse told me 'cashless please'.

- Going to watch movie with wife, so i make booking via phone apps and pay through Masterpass.

- Took a grab to orchard.

- Still have an hour to kill while waiting for wife, went to a cafe for coffee, place order and took out cash, the staff point to the signboard 'cashless payment ONLY'.

Day 2 - without wallet (i left it in my wife's bag when we were watching movie)

- Didn't notice i dun have my wallet until i reach office bus stop, my ezlink card was behind my phone try to act like i have a NFC sim card [laugh] .

- Panic for 2min thinking how to survive for the day, walk into Starbucks which i have the Starbucks app in my phone, breakfast settled.

- Come lunch time, dun want to eat Starbucks again, heng i stored a credit card in Samsung Pay. walk to Hans and pay through Samsung Pay.

- Dinner time met up with wife, went into a Korean cafe and they told us to scan the QR code on the table where you place order to making payment all via the phone!!??  i input my card number detail (i actually have those info in my phone but each info was hide in different apps).

So i manage to survive 2 days without cash (wallet) for medical, transport, meals, movie, and shopping and thank god my phone battery can last whole day  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16

Day 1 is surprising.

NUH doesn't accept cash?

And which cafe doesn't accept cash?

NUH sport centre, there was a list of cashless payment available (anything you can think of from alipay, pay lah, samsung pay, apple pay, android pay.....). I didn't make noise or create a scene lah.

Mellower Coffee at the building next to 313 toward Mandarin hotel.

without wallet or without cash?

if without wallet, i overseas always without wallet.... all cards in phone cover.. cash in pocket lol

my recent trip to bkk, i paid car rental, hotel, attractions (through Klook app) all using the youtrip card. top up when needed

Edited by Galantspeedz

without wallet or without cash?

if without wallet, i overseas always without wallet.... all cards in phone cover.. cash in pocket lol

my recent trip to bkk, i paid car rental, hotel, attractions (through Klook app) all using the youtrip card. top up when needed

no cash, no card (card in wallet) only have a some coins in the pocket   [sweatdrop]

I can survive without phone but cannot survive without cash.

CASH IS KING!!!

If you go to places which accept cashless and need to pay by phone apps then how to survive without phone le?

If you go to places which accept cashless and need to pay by phone apps then how to survive without phone le?

dun go, bo eng  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

If my phone has no power or damaged, then I don't need to pay lor?

If the shop system crashed, then I can take anything free?

NUH sport centre, there was a list of cashless payment available (anything you can think of from alipay, pay lah, samsung pay, apple pay, android pay.....). I didn't make noise or create a scene lah.

Mellower Coffee at the building next to 313 toward Mandarin hotel.

When I was at SGH ARC Clinic making payment thru Samsung Pay, the cashier stared at me like I was speaking a different language. She said must use card one, hp cannot insert into the machine. I told her same as pay wave. She stare back at me again. Then I just tell her to activate the terminal. I put my hp on it and the machine accepted and printed out my receipt. Cashier was totally amazed. [laugh]

• Praise 1

When I was at SGH ARC Clinic making payment thru Samsung Pay, the cashier stared at me like I was speaking a different language. She said must use card one, hp cannot insert into the machine. I told her same as pay wave. She stare back at me again. Then I just tell her to activate the terminal. I put my hp on it and the machine accepted and printed out my receipt. Cashier was totally amazed. [laugh]

SGH got older staff hence they not so tech savvy (Radx is there also  [laugh] ), NUH more younger staff and doctors.

That day went to Anchorvale swimming complex.... totally no cash.... don't even have machine that we put notes/coins to pay for the entrance... must use ezlink card.... we are slowly but surely moving towards cashless... and ya, was at KK hospital, the clinic all no more accepting cash.... go machine key in IC, show outstanding amount, pay by NETS or Credit Card.

I would say we are far behind China in term of cashless society. From road toll, super mart purchase, wet market, book store, and even street food, people just scan the QR code and payment will be via Wechat or Alipay. [thumbsup] One example below:

DeChQSy.jpg

BTW, their wechat pay is equivalent to our PayNow, and they have using that for the past 5 years at least...

• Praise 5

I try to use Apple Pay or credit card whenever possible.

Or pay via the merchant apps like Ya Kun, Toast Box, Kopitiam card etc.

Earn all the points and cash rebates

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1