Comparing Rims

Xover

True. I noticed that too, its all from 19" onwards.

But need to be at least 8.5j?

I think even 8.5j wont be too concave. My stock rim is 18x8.5. Not much concavity
↡ Advertisement

I think even 8.5j wont be too concave. My stock rim is 18x8.5. Not much concavity

Mayb it depends on the model? But make senses that u need thicker for space to concave

Mayb it depends on the model? But make senses that u need thicker for space to concave

I do see some bbs rim online in 18x9 and 18x10. U can ask South East
  • Praise 1

Not necessary..

I had a OZ Leggera HLT 18x8 and it weighs around 8.5/8.6kg and supports max weight of 550kg

Bought another Rays 57Transcend 18x8.5 and it weight around 8.4kg and supports max weight 650kg.

Personally I wouldn’t buy another OZ again

Hi Bro Chucky2007,

need your help, i am keen to pick up a OZ Hyper GT HLT (either 18 or 19), do you know what is the max support weight ?

where can i find this info? 

also do you know the weight for Hyber GT ?

thank you for sharing the info , is amzaing you go even further to read the Max weight the wheel can carry.

assuming base on the OZ max weight 550kg , so for 4 wheels on your car is = 2200kg , i will say this wheels are not suitable to be use on heavier car light MPV which can easily carry over 2200kg with FULL load.

so be careful when choosing your New wheels especially the Heavy car .

Hi Bro,

Noob here, does the size of the OZ rims affect the max weight? - aka size 18 and 19 is the same max payload 550KG?

Anyone personally experienced OZ leggera warping after a period of time or going through pot holes? Considering the price, quite disappointed to see such issues surfacing. Thankful I've not purchased it yet. Can anyone share? 

Hi Bro Chucky2007,

need your help, i am keen to pick up a OZ Hyper GT HLT (either 18 or 19), do you know what is the max support weight ?

where can i find this info? 

also do you know the weight for Hyber GT ?

Hi Bro,

Noob here, does the size of the OZ rims affect the max weight? - aka size 18 and 19 is the same max payload 550KG?

yes  once the size of the wheels changed the payload will be affected .

payload will vary from Wheel size , PCD , 4 or 5/8/9/10 holes , width and type of wheel like Normal CAsting , flow formed , Forged etc, 

Not necessary..

I had a OZ Leggera HLT 18x8 and it weighs around 8.5/8.6kg and supports max weight of 550kg

Bought another Rays 57Transcend 18x8.5 and it weight around 8.4kg and supports max weight 650kg.

Personally I wouldn’t buy another OZ again

Hi Bro

May i know where did you get this information about max support weight of 550KG?

cos the information that i found on the official OZ Racing website states 630KG for 18 inch

if you cheong 19inch, it can even support up to 695KG ! 

post-307078-0-16400100-1556025302_thumb.jpg

post-307078-0-06146100-1556025310_thumb.jpg

As one of the bro mentioned, it depends on the wheel model, config etc.

If you the wheel you showed fits your car, and it's max weight can support your car in full load, it will not be an issue.

Just for comparison that different wheels have different weight limit. Rays follows VIA, JWL standard, which is mostly 690kg

OZ ULTRALEGGERA CHRYSTAL TITANIUM

TPMS DataTechnical Data

500x500-cc-ffffff.jpg
Property   Partnumber W0173030161 Max Wheel Load (Kg) 580 Gross Weight 0,00 kg Circumference 1930 OE Caps  
    Size Offset Bolt pattern Part number Offer     7.0x16 48,00 112 W0173030161  

Should we look at car gross weight or curb weight?

hi

Curb wegiht is stated in your LTA  owner card.

google from Web is not 100% accurate , it vary from accessores andOptions you car equiped.

We should look at the Gross = curb wegiht + Driver + Passenger + other load.

As one of the bro mentioned, it depends on the wheel model, config etc.

If you the wheel you showed fits your car, and it's max weight can support your car in full load, it will not be an issue.

Just for comparison that different wheels have different weight limit. Rays follows VIA, JWL standard, which is mostly 690kg

OZ ULTRALEGGERA CHRYSTAL TITANIUM

TPMS DataTechnical Data

500x500-cc-ffffff.jpg
Property   Partnumber W0173030161 Max Wheel Load (Kg) 580 Gross Weight 0,00 kg Circumference 1930 OE Caps  
    Size Offset Bolt pattern Part number Offer     7.0x16 48,00 112 W0173030161  

If the wheels can fit your car ? physically fit or Technically Fit ?

if one can find more Info about the Fitment from reliable source like fitment Book , example its stated clearly this Particular Wheels (please check the Part numbers not the PCD or other commercial specification) you are !00% safe this can take the CAr load.

If is base on the PCD(and physically fit)  , which carry a  risk of Overloading the Wheel .  

The info on max load is laser edged in small font on the inner side of the rim where the tyres are mounted.

Pretty dump for OZ to do that instead of cleared embossed on the external side clearly or state it clearly on the catelogue like the Japanese Rays.

Dumb right to have the info edged inside and not embossed outside clearly... this info can’t even be a aikbke on the brochure... this difficulty in getting the info make me get a rim that’s can’t support my car load, and cracked one OZ Leggara HLT, and warp another rim...

So no more OZ for me going forward..

post-24802-0-83598100-1556207094_thumb.jpeg

Dumb right to have the info edged inside and not embossed outside clearly... this info canât even be a aikbke on the brochure... this difficulty in getting the info make me get a rim thatâs canât support my car load, and cracked one OZ Leggara HLT, and warp another rim...

Care to share u used it on what car? Crack on which reason? Full load going over bump? Or pot hole?

Dumb right to have the info edged inside and not embossed outside clearly... this info can’t even be a aikbke on the brochure... this difficulty in getting the info make me get a rim that’s can’t support my car load, and cracked one OZ Leggara HLT, and warp another rim...

correct me if i am wrong

little blur pic , looks like max  550kg ?

may i know this wheel is on what type of car ? 

550kg x 4 pc = 2200kg is almost near to some Large size MPV or SUV

some of this Vehicle can have curb weight of near 1800kg

overload is only possible caused of this

Care to share u used it on what car? Crack on which reason? Full load going over bump? Or pot hole?

I suspect Rim Crack after driving over a small plank that’s dropped on the road, but cannot confirmed as I only see that crack after sometime when I change tyres.

Another rim warped, no pothole nothing just normal driving. 2 damaged rims out of 5 rims (1 rim replaced after I realise first rim cracked, realise 2nd rim warp when doing balancing a few months later).

Was on 235/55-18 tyres, not sporty Low profile tyres so enough cushioning on the rims.

correct me if i am wrong

little blur pic , looks like max 550kg ?

may i know this wheel is on what type of car ?

550kg x 4 pc = 2200kg is almost near to some Large size MPV or SUV

some of this Vehicle can have curb weight of near 1800kg

overload is only possible caused of this

Yes max weight 550kg.

Was mounted on Subaru Forester, curb weight 1642kg.. add soundproof and sound systems and other rubbish load on the boot maybe 1700kg

My point is if the 550kg was visibly displayed on the rims or on brochure or tag, I would choose another that support 650kg...

My recommendation if your car’s curb weight is more than 1600kg, get a rim that clearly supports 650-700kg.

These 550kg rim is for a car that weighs less than 1400kg

Edited by Chucky2007

Neutral Newbie

AFTER some searched from net

OZ hyper GT HLT Origin ; Itlaian . Method : Low pressure Casting

Enkei PF07 Origin Japan method : MAT ( most advanced technology

Rays Gram Light 57 CR Origin Japan Method : Cast

my POV

all 3 are Quality Wheels

IS the Design you want and Cost

Oz hyperGT is glow formed

All HLT series r Flow formed. Check ur facts.

Oz hyperGT is glow formed

All HLT series r Flow formed. Check ur facts.

sorry

could be my poor eye sight, can just google the Original OZ official website for more details

or check the BOx or packing or Carry the wheel you probably know the Weight diff 

↡ Advertisement