Road signs and markings

Philipkee

Recently I have been noticing some issues with road signs. Some are blocked by other road signs (too close together ) or by trees.

Anyway today at my MSCP some people were spray painting the signs. When I returned, I realised the signs conflict and it also makes the whole place more dangerous.

And yes I have feedbacked to HDB as well.

So maybe if you encounter road signs that are blocked or signs like this maybe we can share here and be on look out for similar signs.

post-57859-0-48277000-1544439063_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Talk about Road Markings,the you know Yellow Box to give way to Bus,so many  of them are fading,Motorist cannot see & never give way to Bus sure get Fine,somemore the CISCO work until 11pm... [bigcry]  [furious]

Talk about Road Markings,the you know Yellow Box to give way to Bus,so many of them are fading,Motorist cannot see & never give way to Bus sure get Fine,somemore the CISCO work until 11pm... [bigcry][furious]

Maybe you should take some pictures and feedback?

I have feedbacked for mine.

post-57859-0-50958400-1544534709_thumb.png

Recently I have also feedbacked regarding placement of traffic cones during road works.  I realise there are no specific guidelines on how far they must be placed from the work area.

The main issue I noticed is that there is no consideration of blind spots meaning the cones might be placed immediately after a corner or bend so someone going round the bend would not see the signage and immediately after rounding the bend he notices it.

Maybe I am anal but I think it's an accident waiting to happen.  It does not help that the EMAS electronic  notification is not that accurate.  It just says between this exit and that exit but no specifics.  It's fine if it's a straight road like on an expressway but if the works are just after a corner or bend, more precautions must be taken.

My two cents and I just feedbacked to LTA.  Let's see their reply if it comes.

• Praise 2

Cones are most time placed by FW who don know the rules or the knowledge about safe distance..

LTA got what rules and regulation on these oso no use as the enforcement is weak.. too many road work going on around our tiny island.

Some you will see the cones placed immediately next to the work zone and parked vehicle.. by the time u notice the cone you already in deep shit..

I like those US system where they clearly mark the distance to road work.. hazard etc.. with big flags sign etc.. here u see the FW waving just next to the obstruction

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Cones are most time placed by FW who don know the rules or the knowledge about safe distance..

LTA got what rules and regulation on these oso no use as the enforcement is weak.. too many road work going on around our tiny island.

Some you will see the cones placed immediately next to the work zone and parked vehicle.. by the time u notice the cone you already in deep shit..

I like those US system where they clearly mark the distance to road work.. hazard etc.. with big flags sign etc.. here u see the FW waving just next to the obstruction

Sorry you are wrong. 

There are lta rules and regulations and the foreign workers do know them. 

There are many agencies doing road works. Maybe you can pay attention to which agency are doing the works. I find that many a times it will be LTA’s own contractors flouting the rules, rather than the other agencies. 

I lnow nparks contractors generally layout the cones well especially on the expressway. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

15 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Sorry you are wrong. 

There are lta rules and regulations and the foreign workers do know them. 

There are many agencies doing road works. Maybe you can pay attention to which agency are doing the works. I find that many a times it will be LTA’s own contractors flouting the rules, rather than the other agencies. 

I lnow nparks contractors generally layout the cones well especially on the expressway. 

Doesn't matter what agency, as long as everyone follows the rules. Cones not placed properly cause even more jams due to last minute lane cutting.

↡ Advertisement